Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$200
US$343
US$136
  • Beachfront
US$482
US$217
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$339
US$271
Bookit.com
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$102
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$169
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$199
Lol.travel
US$685
US$554
2,509 results
All reviewsbeach clubworld spalemmon grasssister propertydemi poolomaggio restaurantinsu sky loungeshort golf cart ridebrunello winebedroom penthousevip arearooftop barfull kitchensea lionsbeach accessprivate poolsunset sail
Reviewed May 1, 2010

I have to first make a comment about the other reviews...please be sure when you are writing a review on the Marival Residence & World Spa that you are not confusing it with the older Marival Resort. They are two totally different properties and I've seen a lot of comments about Marival Residences that were referring to the other resort.

My husband had gone down to Marival Residences in January and came home and wouldn't stop talking about how great the resort was, I mean constant talking that it was by far the best resort and best value he had ever experienced. So in mid February I went down with my sister and best friend and we got a three bedroom unit and I too was blown away when we walked in our room. I thought perhaps they had given us something different than the standard three bedroom but it was just their regular room. It was almost 3,000 square feet and was unbelieveable. We sat out on t he balcony and listened to the waves crashing and watched the boats come and go. The sunsets are the best I've ever seen!
Now for the food...well when you have the chef from the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, what more could you ask for. Buffets...no way...every restaurant is ala carte and over the top.
Excursions...FREE...I was once again blown away at the value of this. Free golf, free dolphin encounter, free sea lion encounter, free zip line, free sailboat ride. I don't know of any other time that I have smiled and laughed so much when we were in the water with the sea lion and got a big kiss!
If you want to experience a resort that will exceed your expectations, come to the Marival Residences, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank mgc777
Reviewed March 23, 2010

There are a couple of reviews below that are misplaced (from Jayvancouverisland and infoguy99). Those folks could not have been at the Residence, as there are no buffets there (Jay) and the rooms are brand new, not outdated (infoguy). They were actually reviewing Marival Resorts and Suites, not the Residence. So, now, onto my review.

We arrived at the regular Marival Resorts and Suites ( March 14th, 2010) and went to check in. The family in front of us was automatically upgraded to the Residence (don’t know why), so my wife asked if we could do the same. They said yes. The Residence is wonderful. Beautiful new rooms. Large balcony. Pretty quiet. Yes, there are pools, some for adults only, some for families. No, there are no activities like water polo or how to mix a cocktail or how to cook or get a catamaran - you have to go to the Resorts and Suites to do that. There is no direct access to the beach. Once again, you have to go to the Resorts and Suites to do that. However, there was a constantly running shuttle between the two resorts – it took all of 3 minutes to go from resort to resort via shuttle. Or you could walk there in about 10 minutes.

If you walk out the back entrance of the Residence, you can walk to the beach in just a few minutes. Once you got to the beach, you did have to walk a few hundred yards down the beach to get to the Resorts and Suites. We always felt very safe walking in the area.

If you stay at the Residence, you will be pampered. While sitting around the pool, we were constantly offered drinks. We could order off of the menu from Lemon Grass and be served poolside in our lounge chairs. I was even offered a free massage (in a massage chair). And if you then go over to the beach at the Resorts and Suites, there is a VIP area just for Residence guests. Very comfortable chaise lounges with thick pads. They bring you your towels – no need to carry a towel card. We felt pampered at the VIP section of the beach just like we were at the pool back at the Residence. Almost felt a little guilty we were treated so well.

We were never charged any additional $ due to the upgrade to the Residence. I can’t imagine this to be a normal situation – I believe they were fully booked at the Resorts and Suites, which is why we were so lucky to get the upgrade. It was a little uncomfortable at first because we read stuff in the room that said that All Inclusive guests would get a 20% discount on food and drink, yet we were verbally told everything was included. I wasn’t certain that the front desk staff knew what they were saying (the language barrier was just a little bit of a problem), but they were right. Not one additional charge hit my bill, and for all of drinks and food that I had, around the pool, at the VIP Beach section, at the Skybar, I felt it was a bargain.

The food at the Casa Bella buffet at the Resorts and Suites was just okay. Yes, there were other options, but I guess that depends on how long you want to wait. Most of the time, we just wanted to grab and go. The a la carte restaurants had the best food. Daniel at La Bamba was an incredibly fun server. Francisco at the Italian restaurant was very friendly and accommodating.

All in all, the Residence lets you take advantage of both locations, so you can enjoy the quiet and tranquility of the Residence, or the activity of the Resorts and Suites.

• Stayed: March 2010
5  Thank overnunder
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This was our first vacation to mexico and first one in years. We had the all inclusive package. When we got here they offered the upgrade to the Residence which would mean a 2 minutes golf cart ride to the beach. The upgrade was out of this world. Brand new rooms with 2 full baths and a kitchenett. (we never used it). We had access to the restraunts on this property as well as the other, a pool here, and VIP beach service at the resort. Living the high life without paying for it. I never got up from the pool side or beach for food or drink. Surgeo at the VIP beach was awsome, he moved your chair and umbrella. Made sure you had a dry towel.... Can't say enough.

Here is an overview of what was good and bad.

Leaving the airport. Have transportation setup before you get there. The timeshare guys lie to you about who they are so get a name of who is picking you up and what they are wearing. ( their uniform)

The Residence: The room out of this world with a couple of notes. THe beds are hard. Now my husband loved this. You have to remember internationally we are spoiled. The smoke detector is above your head in bed and blinks. The shower door was not set right and it took 3 showers to figure out how to keep it from leaking on the floor. Most important, do not take showers at peak hours. It is feast or famine on the hot water. You usually get 5-7 minutes of scolding water and then it gets cold.

THe Food @ the residence: Lemon Grass was outstanding all around.Georges at Lemon Grass went to the extreme to make sure you are happy. Omaggios was good. Insau good.
Nicksan was the worst service ever, rude waiters, and I have had better seafood in Texas.

The SPA: Great massege. They were still building the actual spa so this was done in one of the suites and it was distracting to have the main door open an close and a microwave going off. THe pedicure was awful. She had no clue what she was doing and actually hurt me.

We did 3 tours with Vallarta Adventures and they were awesome. Can't say enough about them.

All in all this vacation was outstanding. I now I put some bad notes in here but the vacation was amazing. The bad stuff was so tiny that it did not even phase the vacation. Plus the reason I put the negative in here is so you will have the heads and and yours can be that much better, if that is possible.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aegais
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed at Marival Residences last week and had a great stay. We knew going in that the property was not on the beach, which was fine with us since we are not big beach people, but we did spend a few days at the beach club that they have set up at their sister property down the street and it was very nice to have the option.

Marival Residences is a much higher quality, more sophisticated all-inclusive. The rooms are huge - true residential style with full kitchens, living room/dining room, separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms, washer/dryer, etc... Our unit had a roof top deck and private pool with incredible views of the beach, ocean and sunsets each night. We were traveling with a group of friends and it was great to be able to get together in our 'residence' and actually have space to entertain vs just a bed in a hotel room.

The restaurants offered off the menu selections, but would accommodate all of our special requests. There were 3 restaurants at the Residences, but we could use all of the restaurants at the Resort property as well.

At night, the property is beautiful with the lighting and landscape. One of the best features of the property is the roof top Insu Sky Bar - great views and cool vibe.

The hotel is big enough that there was plenty of space, but small enough that the staff got to know us after a day or two, which was nice.

We got a special deal through Delta Vacations and got 6 tours included, unlimited golf and unlimited dining at the special restaurants at both Marival Residence and Resort. I think we also got the upgrade to the roof top pool suite with our special deal. The flights on Delta were non-stop and the local Delta representatives in Vallarta were super helpful and friendly. I would recommend both Marival and Delta Vacations for a great value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Scooby82
Reviewed March 8, 2010

began with the reception, then the accomodations, onto the breakfasts, lunches and diners with in between snacks, we also partook in the pool area acivities and of course the magnificient pacific ocean with Boogie boards and kayaking. My husband totally enjoyed the golf whike my 17 yr old daughter and I totally enjoyed the very courteous staff and the many wonderful guests. Don't forget to enjoy the biking to Bucerias and to the MArina. If you just want to beach it do so because nobody bothers you. The vendors understand when you do not make eye contact, must remember this is their only source of income,TOURISTS.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family