“Grand Luxxe Resort, Vida Vacations”

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Having visited both Grand Luxxes, Neuvo Vallarta and Riveria Maya, I have found nothing to complain about, except for one thing, complaining customers. As far as the Resort, I found nothing but the best, 5-Star accomodations with 6-Star service. Sure there are going to be some misteps but nothing that can't be fixed. I do not believe anyone of us is perfect, but the folks at NV and RM Grand Luxxe do an excellent job of taking care of you. Some folks, that I have encountered, that some have mentioned here, seem they are too good for everyone. I am glad that the majority of us enjoy the beauty and excellenant atmosphere of the Grand Luxxe and comraderie of each other during our visits. Just my two-cents worth, why travel anywhere else.....

Rita & Charlie
Conway, AR
"Youngesters
in Paradise"

Room Tip: "Try it, you just might like it..."
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Rita_Charlie
Write a ReviewReviews (3,414)

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am just finishing a two week vacation here. The Luxxe Owners that I have met, and there were many, are worth spending time with. Most seem to be in their 60's or older and they have had and still have most interesting lives. The members are the number one asset of the Luxxe so think about saying hello.
Having said that, and meaning it, let me turn to comments about the resort itself. It is the most upscale "timeshare" I have ever heard of or seen. The design and construction equals or exceeds the vast majority of 5 star resorts and hotels. True the construction makes noise and can be frustrating but if it did not take place then the ambitious creative additions, that I believe most owners want, would never happen. The employees provide the best service, starting with the maids.
So what would I like to see done better? One thing in particular: How about imploding building in a few hours instead of taking a year to jackhammer them down? Sure there will be some dust so wait until very low season to do it.
Paul
season to do this.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank peac
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at Grand Luxxe I and Grand Luxxe 3 for a total of five weeks (01.30.12-03.05.12) This is a complex of several hotels but all behind an entrance gate. It is a family of hotels, with Grand Luxxe currently being the highest level. I heard that the entry level in the future will be to buy at Grand Mayan. Before going, get in walking shape, especially if you are 50+. Even with the shuttles, you will be doing alot of walking, and ALL of it on concrete. Service, always with a big smile, is great. The concierge on your floor lives to make your stay comfortable. The bell boys and camaristas (maids) also are all about YOU and your comfort. It is an amazing place to vacation. Enjoy the great landscaping everywhere you look, and the views. In Tower 3, we had a beautiful view of the Ameca River, Banderas Bay and Puerto Vallarta, the lights of which at night looks like jewels in the distance. From here, you also see the cruise ships arriving in Puerto Vallarta early in the morning and leaving around 10 p.m.

Room Tip: If you cannot get an ocean front view, or ocean view, at least make them give you a room as high up...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ann R
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My family and I have come to Nuevo Vallarta seven times; five times at the Grand Mayan and this is currently our second time at the Grand Luxxe. We have had an amazing time at this location every time, and I must say that this is our best stay at this property yet. We are in tower 2 facing the river/ocean and the view is fantastic! I have barely heard any construction on the property and it is not nearly as distracting as it was last year. I don't appreciate the people who complain about the construction noise because they have to do this to make the property more enjoyable in the years to come. The workers here are fantastic and some greet us by name, which really makes us feel special.

Now I must correct a lie that some reviewers have been saying about the "punta" pools. Some people have been saying that all the beach areas and pools by the punta area are completely reserved for the punta residents but this is COMPLETELY FALSE! The only areas that are reserved for the punta residents are some along their pool areas, but these are clearly marked on the seat saying, "Reserved for Grand Luxxe Platinum Residents Only." There are not many of these seats and you are able to use ALL the pools there, with many pool seats being available for "normal" Grand Luxxe members. Furthermore, all the seats on the beach are open for all Grand Luxxe members, and these seats have fantastic views.

What I love about this area is the relaxing atmosphere. The area never feels crowded or overwhelming like the Grand Mayan, and you do not have to wake up early to get your seats. My family has come down to the pool at 1pm and have easily found seats by the pool and the beach. If you do like a different atmosphere however then you are free to go to any of the pools on the property, which is a plus. The shuttle service is sometimes slow but the workers have told us that they are currently working on this.

This property gets better every year. The walks are fantastic and foliage is beautiful. They have huge plans for this property, like water parks, jungle tours and a casino. There will soon be a train that will take you from the airport to the property, with the train station already being complete.

My family will be returning, as we have for 7 years. This is an excellent hotel with excellent food, service, sleep quality, everything!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank coolserenity261
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We spent the month of February at the Grand Luxxe in Nuevo, Tower 2, river view. We had a fabulous time and can't say enough about the great service and continued improvements. I am always amazed at the complaints, but understand there are people who one could never please. Yes, there is construction, but they are very considerate about the noise levels especially during the evenings. I call this progress and can't wait until next year to see even more improvements. There are lots of shuttles right now. We heard the complaints when people had to wait more than a few minutes and just walk away from these complainers. We like to walk and enjoy all the walking paths that are on the grounds. We started out with the Mayan in the 90's and now have upgraded to the Luxxe. This was our choice and we are so very happy with our decision. The only negative and change we notice with the upgrade is the demand and attitude of certain owners. However, this is not the majority, thank goodness. The Luxxe is also not for young people. We are here to get away from the noise and all the kids at the Grand Mayan. The great thing is that we do have the option to use the lazy river etc. over there. We do try and avoid this location during presidents week. We enjoy all the amenities, have made some wonderful friendships and look forward to next year. Also, we do rent a car down there for the entire time which allows us the freedom to enjoy all the surrounding areas. Yes, it is absolutely safe safe in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta. Those who choose to stay away are just missing out on a great opportunity and a great time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank LakeWashburn
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Upon our arrival as Grand Luxxe owners, the run around began. No early check in and 2 hours max until your room is ready turned into 4.5 hours. When we finally got to our promised "ocean view" room, we had a great view of dead vegetation. Tower 2, suite 7256 will never have a view of the ocean! 2.5 hours later, we gave up on complaining, settled into our home for the week and headed to Edde's.
The Pros:
Great food ~ The Custom Made Burger is fantastic and Blue Fish has great appetizers
The pools are amazing
The conceirge does fabulous work
The bell boys and greeters at each tower are amused by truth
The grounds are gorgeous
The Grand Mayan pool has entertainment which makes the day
Jorge at the Grand Mayan pool is the best server we had all week!
Juan and Christian at GL tower 2 are superb conceirge's!
The Cons:
Hiking is a more appropriate word instead of walking
The sidewalks are very small
The cart system gets irritating
Don't use the ihomes in the suites as you will get turned in for being too loud
The Punta & Luxxe are more like retirement communities (be quiet and proper at all times)
Free is only until check out, then it becomes an additional charge

All in all, I will venture back, but not until the majority of the kinks are worked out. I can spend $4000 elsewhere and not get treated like a punk kid. FYI ~ the 4 of us that traveled here are between 30 and 35 years old.

Room Tip: Ask to view your room before agreeing to it...I've never had a good view in 3 trips. 2 at the G...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sabrina365
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We are on our 2nd week of 3 here in NV then on to the Riviera for 3 weeks. This resort is absolutely wonderful. We are in tower 3 and have a beautiful view of the river, PV and ocean. Even the view to other side has ocean, canal and grounds view...it will be stunning when it is all complete. Lots of construction right now but it sure doesn't bother us...we are more irritated with the people who do the complaining about the construction. It is all for the good of the resort and for our enjoyment. We were shocked and delighted to hear on our last owners update that there will now be 9 G. Luxxe towers, plus 3 more golf courses coming. The new gym opened up a few weeks ago and is amazing! All the staff is really helpful, kind and friendly. Another new thing they are doing for the month of March is a culinary tour. It was worth every penny! We had a four course meal and had each course in a different restaurant on property...there is a maximum of 15 people and we had our private shuttle with two hosts. We met some great people and had wonderful food. We highly reccomend it to anyone who wants to try something new. The new burger restaurant (in tower 1) is really good...cant wait to eat there again. Over all if you are leary of the negative comments about the noise etc...if you are the type that isn't a complainer in the first place you will be fine with it. I know my husband and I are. After all a resort cant shut down for 5 years and expect to stay afloat just so the guests don't have to put up with the noise. The construction team really does a good job at blocking roadways and paths as they are working. It is very clean and safe here. We love it and think you will too. From talking to people, others feel as we do too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family