Our suite overlooked the marina, which is okay, but it was right near a grid to hold the water back when it rains, and the grid makes a loud click whenever a vehicle goes over it, which is all day and all night.
The rooms themselves were great. The pools were very crowded with people reserving chairs with towels before 8 a.m. I was never able to find a decent chair except at the kiddie pool, which is very nice for children up to about 2 or 3 years of age. The lazy river was very lazy, which was fine with me.
The food in the restaurants is expensive.
We did the timeshare presentation, and we found it not to be very long or pressured. For it, we got $100 off our bill and 10% off other things.
When we arrived by taxi, no bellboys helped us with our luggage. When we came back with groceries, no one offered to help. I found this strange.
All in all, I prefer the Mayan Palace over the Grand Mayan. Mayan Palace is supposedly a step below the Grand Mayan, but it has much better pools and a better view. And it is closer to things on the resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Wyndham Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Mayan Resort Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Mayan Puerto Vallarta
- The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayarit