Beach has staff that with bargain with you on local goods, get your hair braided, etc. Confusing as heck to walk anywhere! There are many paths with some signs but you can easily get off track if not paying attention. Took us a few tries, the map is not that great. In Feb. It was very quiet by 9pm. Pricey everywhere there, 60 bucks for lunch, etc. The staff is very helpful. We did not experience anything with the timeshare folks, but we saw many people doing their free $20 breakfast and doing the tour. Not worth our time, but whatever floats your boat. Probably not going back, the people that own there really dont seem that happy with the place. Oh, and paradise village has everything you need, including all type of sunscreen, a pharmacy, grocery store with beer, water, and wine. Short $3 cab ride. The store on site at the GM is limited, but has emergency stuff. Don't worry about packing beach towels. The only thing we brought that we needed was my travel corkscrew, the one in the room was weird. Bringing your favorite coffee may not be a bad idea either. Dont over pack! There are some pretty cool bowls that we bought that you'll see everywhere. Buy them from the beach vendor girl in Bucerias. Have fun, but really, dont buy, or do the tour. There are other places for breakfast. Like Eddy's Place.... Yum, and safe. Would have given 5 stars, but when they built the place, they messed up not making ALL units with an ocean view. Too bad. My recomendation is to not use the ice machines or drink the water anywhere in this area unless your used to it. Good luck!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Wyndham Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Mayan Resort Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Mayan Puerto Vallarta
- The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta Riviera Nayarit