In preparing for my trip I did a LOT of research and read more reviews than I care to admit. At the end of the day its more important that you know what is important to YOU when you travel and then find a resort that best reflects that.
This resort was lovely. We had a junior suit facing the courtyard and the view was lovely any time of day or night. Yes, it was a bit noisy while shows were going on but they end promptly at 11PM, sometimes earlier. Also if you close the patio glass door, it is a lot less noisy. Nothing you can't sleep through if you are a go to bed early type. The rooms were clean, housekeeping was great and the bed was comfortable.
The food was good-I would say a 4/5. The Sir George a la carte was excellent and the buffet was too. The Asian place was a nice change (kind of average) and was more like a speciality buffet for a smaller group. The BBQ place was tasty and kind of had a back yard BBQ feel to it.
The staff were all very friendly and the service was prompt pretty much everywhere. No complaints there. The always were giving you the opportunity for feedback - nothing is ever perfect but they worked hard to make you happy. We wanted an extra pillow and had one in 20 minutes, in the evening when I imagine much of housekeeping had gone home. Try getting that service level in most Canadian/US hotels.
We locked up our valuables but had not issues with anything disappearing. In fact I am pretty sure I would have lost some stuff on my own if house keeping hadn't taken the time to tidy things up for me a bit and put things in a safer place. I felt totally safe at all times at this resort and walking in the area.
Pools were nice and there seemed to be activities going on there from time to time. Beach was beautiful-whether you love full sun or shade you could easily find a spot any time of day that would suit you. You can also walk for miles on the beach which is nice-very safe and neat to see other resorts and condos' beach areas. Water is a nice temp and the waves are fun for visitors of any age.
I found the crowd at this hotel to be a even mix of families, seniors, younger couples and friends travelling together. There was a blend of Canadians, Americans and Mexicans too (and a handful of Europeans). Guests seemed pretty easygoing and respectful to one another. People had a good time but no one seemed to be getting out of hand as far as we saw.
I'd go back to this resort again. it was good value for money and they were really professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 9-story building * 3 km / 1.86 miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 1 km / 0.62 miles from Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Riu Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Riu Vallarta Nuevo
- Hotel Riu Vallarta Nuevo Vallarta, Riviera Nayarit