5,979 results
All reviews sir george sports bar adult pool don rafael flamingo restaurant plaza bar gourmet restaurant junior suite thomson reps asian buffet mattress topper great holiday main buffet every other day family pool palm trees entertainment team
Reviewed January 14, 2016

Our family of 9 stayed 5 nights over Christmas. Rooms were nice, food was mediocre. Drinks at pool were watered down.
Buffet is same food all the time, no changes.
Best food we had while here was down at the pier.

One night we did the "fine dining". They forgot the appetizer of one person in our group, they never noticed or seemed to care. The menus are not kid friendly.

Pool chairs are hard to find, as people go down early and put their stuff on them, and they go unoccupied for hours.

With all the properties in Puerto Vallarta we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly O
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing RIU Hotels and Resorts for your vacation and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments about the rooms.

On the other hand, we were sorry to read you did not enjoy the food. This hotel offers three additional dinner options as well as the main buffet. We can assure you that we strive to improve our service daily in order to offer all our guests in house and future clients a pleasant stay.

We would be delighted if you would honor us with another opportunity to convince you of our RIU service and quality.

With our best we remain,

Riu Vallarta
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed January 14, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for 14 days during Christmas and New Years. The staff were great and accommodating. Sometimes you needed to ask, but they came through for the most part. The hotel is dated, it could sure use a face lift. They were 100% full so our broken Jacuzzi tub remained broken. We also had to call more than once to have our room fridge re-stocked. Loved the location, able to walk to Bucerias and take public transit to Puerto Vallarta gave us plenty to do during the days. The food was OK, but the same selection every day. Nice touches like afternoon waffles in the lobby bar some days and flaming coffee drinks, also in the lobby bar some days.

Overall not a repeat for us but overall good value for the dollar. Just don't expect a 5 star experience. Maybe the Riu Palace next time.

Room Tip: The hotel property is a smaller foot print than most so noise can be an issue.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for highlighting the hotel’s location. We only choose the best places for our resorts. We also appreciate your positive comments about our staff as service is one of our key values.

We apologize for the inconveniences in your room. We will send your comments to the corresponding department in order to make adjustments where necessary.
Regarding the food, it is important to inform you that we do check daily our food offer and quality in our specialty restaurants and buffets where we provide a wide selection of dishes catering for all tastes. The buffet even offers themed buffets three times per week.

We sincerely hope we can welcome you again very soon at one of our hotels.

With our best we remain,

Riu Vallarta
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2016

Had a PO-Evening sun - GREAT! NOW for the hard stuff.... I am an 8X return and this time NOT GOOD! STAFF as always wonderful-Fernando (desk) Tony(restaurants) Jorge, Vanessa, Claudia, Victor, Sebastian ALL fantastic (Bars)!! To cut down on costs to go to resort they have really taken away alot of the SMALL things (quality of Rum/Vodka/White&Red Wine etc- TERRIBLE - in room also) Even small items from the restaurant - if you had not been there before - would not know!!! BUT those of us who go every yr.... KNEW!! Even entertainment was NOT very great this yr!!! NO dancing at 7-8 & 10-11 !!! BORING this time... One of the things we all loved was how much fun it was at night around the theatre area!!!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank PATTI_VANCOUVERBC
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Disappointed that when I got there they had my favorite beverage Captain Morgan at every bar, work up the next morning and it was all gone........reappeared the last day on my trip......totally sucks that they hid the good stuff!!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2016

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights on a trip for my birthday. We arrived several hours b4 check in, but where given our bracelets to access property. Service was very good. Only a few instances of slow or lacking service. I would say you could run into that anywhere though. Most wait staff was very friendly and quick whether you tipped or not. Hotel was clean. Beach was clean. I would go again in a heartbeat.

My only recommendation for the hotel would be that they either get a hot tub outside of the spa or heat the pool a little. The pool was probably around 80-82 degrees. That may be great for the northerners, but that is cold for this Texas boy.

The shows were okay. I liked some more than others. Although my kids where not with me there seemed to be a lot of kids activities and they did a lot to include the kids there.

There was wifi available almost all over the hotel, but I could never connect.

Room Tip: The central area has better views of the ocean, but may be noisier. The wings have decent views. I was in 6061 very quiet .
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple