Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
HappyTravels1923
Sherwood Park, Canada

DO NOT GO IF YOU HAVE A LARGE FAMILY

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 3, 2015
I called to make a reservation I was told $75 and got my credit card. He asked how many children I had and I have 4. Once I told him that I was bringing my 4 children I was asked "are you going to be able to handle it" I told him yes.
Then he told me that he would be charging me more because I'm bringing 4 children. ($10 a person) I explained that his site said that they were free if under 12 (they all are under 12) and he said yes but you will use more electricity (??!) That I should pay the extra money. He then tried to lower the price but it was still more than what he initially told me and that I "need to support his business". I asked to cancel my reservation
Date of stay: June 2015
33.9 km from Boundary Creek Motel
56.9 km from Boundary Creek Motel
55.6 km from Boundary Creek Motel
View more hotels in Greenwood
All reviews creek boundary turn host office wifi motel fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Like in Goldielocks and the Three Bears, the Boundary Creek Motel is in the middle and just right! Greenwood has three motels, all situated along HWY 3 which also doubles as the town centre. It follows that one of the three motels is the one you come to first from the east, one the motel you come to first from the west, leaving one in the middle. We decided to stop over in the middle, being fair minded folks who wanted to better their odds of a guest who is just passing through HWY 3 and decides to overnight at Greenwood. Immediately we were taken with the lay out of the property. Expansive drive through with grass and lovely shade trees (and picnic tables) to either side, and classic cabin-style units from the bygone era of the 1960s with the owner/operators home in the middle. The motel is well set back from the road by approx. 20 meters so traffic is not a bother. I went to the office and asked to see a suite with kitchen. The proprietor was a kind, friendly gentleman who gladly offered to give us a tour ahead of our committing to stay. The suite we were shown was generously large ... say 400 sf ... with two picture windows at the front, a fab modern (1960) front door with a vertical glass panel, full size four seater table in the kitchen at one of the windows, a queen size bed in the living area plus credenza and chair (and TV) and bedside table, a back bed room around a corner turn in the hallway (!) with dresser, bedside table, and double bed, a walk-in closet with piano bench at the end of the hall, and a three-piece bath. Both the bath and the back bedroom had nice sized windows to the back of the property. All the framing was like in a home with windows sashes, and door trim. The kitchen had a lot of cupboard space, a massive sink with sideboard, a wonderful four burner plus oven gas stove totally from the motels origins, and a new full fridge. The suite was also very clean and beds comfortable. I always appreciate an extra blanket because I like to have windows open ... the room came with a Hudson Bay wool blanket ... and it was very quiet over night. Floor coverings were a mix of carpet and laminate. The living room and back room had there own thermostats. Our kind host lit the pilot lights on the stove for us and inquired after our dogs. Out back is a small RV park with water, picnic tables, shade trees, and reasonable sized parking pads. There is then a country road and the boundary creek. A very large community park is a ten minute walk. It is filled with great kid play structures like a forts, monkey bars, and a helicopter shaped "monkey bar". If you cross the street you can walk back toward town and view the amazing historic homes, churches, city hall, fire hall, library, and post office. This made for a relaxing evening. In the morning I enjoyed meeting the wife half of the husband and wife owners. A congenial couple, spacious suite, and a fine location for a stay in the town. Hot water was plentiful (each unit appears to have its own utility closet) and bath fixtures relatively current. Wish List: (1) A wifi booster. (2) I think it would be nice if the suites had the cream coloured paint changed to bolder colours. The high ceilings and the plaster are very nice. A change of colour would make the rooms even more welcoming. (3) The taps in the shower needed new washers, ceiling tiles required painting, and I'd suggest changing the accordion vinyl doors to surface doors instead, as this would be more appealing to more folks ... basically I think this motel has a great deal to recommend it and that Greenwood is worth a stop over along any travellers HWY 3 trek.

Room tip: Such Nice Hosts ... Just Ask for a Tour and Choose
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a super nice small motel in Greenwood. It is super clean and the rooms are large. We had one with a kitchen which was fully equipped. The beds are great, although the pillows leave a bit to be desired. The manager/owner is super friendly. We did not use it but there is a nice looking campground area behind the motel near the small creek.

If you want a place to stay in the area which is not over priced and is clean and well equipped do stay here.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teacherbear
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very friendly service... We were passing through cycling the Columbia and Western Railway (Kettle Valley Railway) and stopped to camp here. The owner was going to let us camp behind his motel and still let us use a shower inside, but the a big thunderstorm hit and he quickly allowed us to upgrade a room instead of getting drenched. He even let us park our bikes on his patio for the night! Room was very practical with a full stove/ oven, microwave, fridge, and everything you'd need to make a meal. The bathroom was very clean. Good value and well worth it for us to stay dry as we pushed on to Pentiction.

Date of stay: June 2012