Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Viccie A
Nanaimo, Canada

Clean and friendly

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 6, 2017via mobile
Had a reservation at greenwood motel and cancelled as soon as we arrived. Local recommended Boundary Creek Motel
Older motel but well cared for and clean!!
Polite owner that came out to meet the car as we pulled in.
Just the type of place you want while travelling for a quick stop, reasonably priced, and local people speak kindly about.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    C$106
    C$130
    C$135
34.9 km from Boundary Creek Motel
View more hotels in Greenwood
All reviews creek boundary turn host office wifi motel fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2016

Convenient stop after sitting in traffic for hours. Staff were happy to reopen office at a late hour and were very friendly. Rooms are small and you can hear your neighbours, bed was comfortable and price was fair for summer .

Room tip: Try not to get a room that is occupied next door. We cold hear snoring through the walls.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenniferb829
Reviewed August 29, 2015

Having been very happy with this Motel we reserved again for the August Long Weekend. The proprietor understood that we were travelling with two vehicles full of possessions (moving out of Lower Mainland), a canoe, and towing a RV. We spoke on the phone and by email confirming that we would have a place to stay. Just before departure I received a cryptic email to "call" ... this was to cancel our accommodations because someone else wanted to stay longer than they were supposed to stay. Essentially our reservation was worthless (circumstances irrelevant) because the proprietor was unwilling to enforce the Hotel Keepers Act to prevent some other party from overstaying their reservation. This left us without accommodation as now it was the Long Weekend and impossible for us to reserve elsewhere. In short: you will enjoy the facilities IF YOU GET A ROOM but you CAN NOT COUNT ON A RESERVATION to be honoured. It was my impression that the proprietor was caving in to an aggressive over-holder who dictated to him and hoping that we would be the lesser problem by abandoning his promise to us.

Room tip: You Can Not Rely on A Reservation
Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

I had to spend almost a month staying at this motel while in town for work. The rooms were clean. The kitchens were fairly complete and had everything we needed. There were separate rooms and cable tv. The management was not only friendly but also very accommodating and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2015

I called to make a reservation I was told $75 and got my credit card. He asked how many children I had and I have 4. Once I told him that I was bringing my 4 children I was asked "are you going to be able to handle it" I told him yes.
Then he told me that he would be charging me more because I'm bringing 4 children. ($10 a person) I explained that his site said that they were free if under 12 (they all are under 12) and he said yes but you will use more electricity (??!) That I should pay the extra money. He then tried to lower the price but it was still more than what he initially told me and that I "need to support his business". I asked to cancel my reservation

Date of stay: June 2015
2  Thank HappyTravels1923
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Like in Goldielocks and the Three Bears, the Boundary Creek Motel is in the middle and just right! Greenwood has three motels, all situated along HWY 3 which also doubles as the town centre. It follows that one of the three motels is the one you come to first from the east, one the motel you come to first from the west, leaving one in the middle. We decided to stop over in the middle, being fair minded folks who wanted to better their odds of a guest who is just passing through HWY 3 and decides to overnight at Greenwood. Immediately we were taken with the lay out of the property. Expansive drive through with grass and lovely shade trees (and picnic tables) to either side, and classic cabin-style units from the bygone era of the 1960s with the owner/operators home in the middle. The motel is well set back from the road by approx. 20 meters so traffic is not a bother. I went to the office and asked to see a suite with kitchen. The proprietor was a kind, friendly gentleman who gladly offered to give us a tour ahead of our committing to stay. The suite we were shown was generously large ... say 400 sf ... with two picture windows at the front, a fab modern (1960) front door with a vertical glass panel, full size four seater table in the kitchen at one of the windows, a queen size bed in the living area plus credenza and chair (and TV) and bedside table, a back bed room around a corner turn in the hallway (!) with dresser, bedside table, and double bed, a walk-in closet with piano bench at the end of the hall, and a three-piece bath. Both the bath and the back bedroom had nice sized windows to the back of the property. All the framing was like in a home with windows sashes, and door trim. The kitchen had a lot of cupboard space, a massive sink with sideboard, a wonderful four burner plus oven gas stove totally from the motels origins, and a new full fridge. The suite was also very clean and beds comfortable. I always appreciate an extra blanket because I like to have windows open ... the room came with a Hudson Bay wool blanket ... and it was very quiet over night. Floor coverings were a mix of carpet and laminate. The living room and back room had there own thermostats. Our kind host lit the pilot lights on the stove for us and inquired after our dogs. Out back is a small RV park with water, picnic tables, shade trees, and reasonable sized parking pads. There is then a country road and the boundary creek. A very large community park is a ten minute walk. It is filled with great kid play structures like a forts, monkey bars, and a helicopter shaped "monkey bar". If you cross the street you can walk back toward town and view the amazing historic homes, churches, city hall, fire hall, library, and post office. This made for a relaxing evening. In the morning I enjoyed meeting the wife half of the husband and wife owners. A congenial couple, spacious suite, and a fine location for a stay in the town. Hot water was plentiful (each unit appears to have its own utility closet) and bath fixtures relatively current. Wish List: (1) A wifi booster. (2) I think it would be nice if the suites had the cream coloured paint changed to bolder colours. The high ceilings and the plaster are very nice. A change of colour would make the rooms even more welcoming. (3) The taps in the shower needed new washers, ceiling tiles required painting, and I'd suggest changing the accordion vinyl doors to surface doors instead, as this would be more appealing to more folks ... basically I think this motel has a great deal to recommend it and that Greenwood is worth a stop over along any travellers HWY 3 trek.

Room tip: Such Nice Hosts ... Just Ask for a Tour and Choose
Date of stay: May 2015