“Really enjoyable curry with friends.”
Review of Samad Cottage

Samad Cottage
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in Dronfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Saturday night after a few beers over the road we visited the Samad as we often do.

Poppadoms and pickle tray shared between the 4 of us. Beautiful.

Mains were all different and my lamb rezalla was beautiful. Side of a paratha to make sure I mopped up the last morcel.

All of us said how good the quality was. A really enjoyable meal. We will continue to frequent this place.

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Started coming here with my Aunt and her family from a young age, 11 or 12.
Myself and my Husband now come here regularly. A lovely quiet little place, with excellent food.
We also get the odd take out too.

One of the best!!!

Reviewed February 13, 2017

My wife and I have been visiting Samad Cottage on and off for many years and have never in all that time found it to be wanting. Granted the Jalfrezi, a favorite if mine, was somewhat on the over hot side on our last visit but then that is my palette and it is no big deal leave a few chilies on the side of the plate.
Service was good and the staff, as usual, most helpful. Certainly will be visiting again in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

I used to eat here regularly but hadn't been for quite a while until a few weeks ago but thought I'd go and see what it is like now.
I was very disappointed. It is a shadow of its former self. It was 7.30 pm and empty when we arrived which is never a good sign.
The restaurant itself was cold...i don't know what was wrong with the heating. The service was very matter of fact, as if they were doing us a favour in fact.
The worst thing though was the ridiculous number of chilli peppers in the Jalfrezi. I like spicy but the chillis were red hot and the sauce mild!
I won't be giving it another chance. To be fair my wife thought her massala was delicious which is why i have not given a one star.
One other couple came in whilst we were there. Oh...and the lager was awful.

Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend, our mutual friend and I went to samads on a Friday evening without a booking. We had a couple of minutes wait for a table but it was nothing to complain about really. When we were seated we were asked immediately if we'd like poppadoms and drinks and we were like we would very much like poppadoms and drinks yes. These all appeared really quickly so that was great. Same story with the starters and the mains and everything was hot and tasty. The only reason I have given 4* instead of 5 is because when I went to the loo, the towel rack was on the floor because it had been very poorly attached to begin with, and of the two cubicles in the ladies, one of the doors was too big for the jamb so you couldn't even close it, never mind lock it. (I didn't check on purpose, I just tried that one first!) every staff member I saw was male so I can understand that maybe they weren't overly familiar with the ladies toilets but still. Overall, excellent food and service, but a little more care could be taken with the facilities!

1  Thank Megan C