Moose Hotel and Suites
US$355
US$272
  • Restaurant
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$446
Official Hotel
US$363
US$378
US$635
US$529
  • Restaurant
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$257
US$393
getaroom.com
US$291
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot poolsfire pitbread barpacini restaurantrooftop suitegreat hotelhuge showerone bedroom suitehot tub on the roofsmall kitchenettefree underground parkingthe main streetindoor pooltop flooron site restaurantdowntown banffliving area
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Very nice great location. Would definitely stay again when the pool and restaurant are open. Room was clean, however there were some paint stains on the floor and wall and the led light behind the bed was malfunctioning. New hotel glitches I guess.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edmonton A
BanffGM, General Manager at Moose Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Thank you for your review of the new Moose Hotel & Suites! I will admit that we have had some growing pains but I am happy to announce that the pool and the restaurant are now open. We hope to welcome you back to show you our finishing touches!

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

The Moose Hotel and Suites is a new hotel direct in downtown of Banff. Only short walking distance to restaurants, shops and trip bookings as well as a bus station right at the outside of the hotel.

I was in a one King Bed Suite but I originally booked a standard room. I got this upgrade complimentary for all 8 nights!! The suite is great. Enough space, two TV's, large shower,.... Not good: No bathtub and gas fired fireplace smells while used. Got headache because of it; tried it several times. Very nice staff at reception and room service.

I visited the hotel during the build up of restaurant and spa. Noise was okay due to the fact that nobody works tonight. Therefore I couldn't test these parts of the hotel. Though they offered me to use the hot pools of the adjacent hotel (Ptarmigan Inn) for free!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin G

Thank you for your review of the new Moose Hotel & Suites! I am happy to report that the pool and the restaurant are now open. With regards to the fireplace, I hope that once the 'new smell' has dissipated that it will no longer be a problem. Partly based on your review, I had the maintenance team attend to all the fireplaces and turned them on for a period of time in an effort to remove the unappealing smell.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

We stayed July 23 & 24. I booked after reading Trip Advisor reviews saying the hotel was occupied, but construction was almost finished in March. I assumed by July it would be finished. The booking site did not mention any construction.

Some areas of the hotel were closed and signed "Under Construction" and part of the garage was been used to store construction materials. This was not very much of an inconvenience for us. There was no construction noise while we were there.

The restaurant opened two days before we arrived and was still training staff. The service was slow but they gave us a free dessert as compensation.

Othewise, the hotel and our room was comfortable, very clean and nicely decorated. The staff was very helpful, but obviously trainees.

Once the kinks are worked out, I expect this hotel will be excellent so I would consider staying there again.

If you are concerned about construction or whether specific ammenities are available, check on the construction status before you book.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outside for the best views of the mountains
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lordstark45

Thank you for your review of the new Moose Hotel & Suites! We are working out the kinks and we appreciate your patience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you believe that we will one day be excellent. I share your thoughts. I am happy to report that the rooftop pools are now open.

Reviewed July 24, 2016

we were on route to Kelowna area from Red Deer and booked for 1 night, room clean and modern but power cut at 11pm to 7.45am next morning, most of Banff was out....Husband went to get details and apparently had a generation ready but for some unknow reason did not work !!!! we were on the bottom floor at the back with a shared balcony and it looked like a building site, no restaurant, workmen still working there, we were on our honeymoon from England, even though receptionist were helpful there was no liquid milk for tea so I had to go to store for carton then couldnt have a drink of tea as no power...dont think we will stop there again, we stayed July10th

Room Tip: go for breakfast to 'TooLouLous'
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley947

Thank you for your review of the new Moose Hotel & Suites! We're sorry your stay was interrupted by a power outage. We do not have a generator on site and our emergency lighting is only set up to power for about an hour. We are currently in the process of adding our balcony partitions. I can assure you that if you were to return, you would be met with an above average experience.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

As we are in Banff almost every weekend we've watched this hotel being built and were excited to give it a try. When visitors from Ontario were coming out I decided this was a perfect opportunity to book a room. We paid the low introductory rate as the restaurant, pool, as well as the top floors were not yet finished. We choose to upgrade to the 1 bedroom suite as there were 3 of us girls and each wanted our own bed. The rooms are of course nice and spotless being new with a fireplace in the living room as well as the sofa bed. The balcony is shared with the room beside and didn't really like that they could peer into our window. This could be a real problem if the neighbours were travelling with kids who don't understand personal boundaries. The bathroom which appeared to be nice and luxurious actually has a bit of space problem when there are 3 people wanting to store make up bags, hair appliances etc.

The location is great if you want to be able to walk to the shops and restaurants and the real stand out is the staff as they go out of their way to assist you. I would think first time visitors would appreciate this as they can give you advice on what you might want to do or see. The Roam bus pass is included and there is underground parking so you can leave the car and explore without having to worry about where to park.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of the new Moose Hotel & Suites! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Moose. I would like to not that the restaurant and rooftop pools are now open and we are currently adding balcony partitions to prevent the aforementioned 'peering in'. We hope to welcome you back at the Moose Hotel & Suites whenever you return to Banff.