14 people are viewing this hotel
getaroom.comUS$210
PricelineUS$209
ZenHotels.comUS$225
1,418 results
All reviews hot pools rooftop pool fire pit pacini restaurant one bedroom suite great hotel hot tub on the roof small kitchenette underground parking top floor on site restaurant shops and restaurants the main street living area downtown banff comfortable beds views of the mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2021

We had a 4 night stay at The Moose and could not have been happier with our experience. We had a 1 bedroom unit with 2 queen beds and a pull out couch - typically I am NOT a fan of pull out couches but it was super comfortable! Very pleasantly surprised!

A few things to note - the bathroom did not have a bathtub, the bedrooms window was to the hall which meant we had curtains drawn all the time (no one wants to see our mess!) and thus dark. Kitchenette was small but useful and it was handy to be able to have breakfast and the kids had room service one night and it was perfect. The laundry facilities were great - clean and easy to use.

The hot tub views are amazing! Pool is small but perfect for refreshing after a long day outdoors.

Would definitely stay again!

Room tip: Don't hesitate to rent a room with a pull out - they are very comfortable!
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed July 15, 2021 via mobile

There was a slight misunderstanding with our room and James took care of it. The hot tub on the rooftop was incredible with the mountains in the background. I highly recommend anyone coming to Banff to stay here!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights in the One Bedroom Rooftop Suite. We brought our cat, and we were very pleased when we arrived that the hotel had put out a pet bed and bowls for us. It was also nice that our cat received the same welcome as a dog would, as she is actually a better traveller than our dogs, who stayed at a sitters this trip.

The room itself is lovely and well appointed. The rain shower head is amazing, and we enjoyed sitting in front of the electric fireplace in the evening. There is also a separate dining area, and a small kitchenette that had a microwave, small fridge, plates and cutlery. The bed was extremely comfortable and the mountain views from this hotel cannot be beat!

There are two hot pools, a sauna and fireplace area on the rooftop of the Moose, and as Covid restrictions have been lifted, we were able to enjoy these facilities. Everything felt clean and safe to use. They even had pool loungers and day beds placed so you can have a lovely panoramic view of the mountains. So gorgeous! My husband also used the gym, and said it was very clean and well equipped.

This hotel went above and beyond in terms of service. I had a surgery at Banff Mineral Springs Hospital that requested we book a hotel in town, in the event that there were complications afterward. Our mini fridge in the room did not have a freezer compartment for ice packs that I would be using after surgery, so the staff from this hotel was gracious enough to offer to store them frozen in another area, outside of our room. They even brought us the ice packs right back to our room after the surgery. I am very thankful for this, as it is above and beyond what most places would offer to help with!

We ordered room service the morning after surgery from their onsite restaurant Paccini. Everything was fairly priced, arrived warm, quick, and was delicious!

We are already planning on coming back at some point to this excellent hotel!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2021 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. We were on the first floor, everything was clean and quiet. The roof top pool and hit tubs were amazing. Very convenient location close to everything. Loved the free parking! Room was very clean and staff were nice.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2021

This was our second time at the Moose (first time not great, as it just opened, but wanted to try again). I didn't have a reservation, but knew the rate I could get through a third party site. I asked the front desk agent to match it, she said no, so I booked though the third party site (no issue there). The location is great! I love the underground parkade, lots of parking. The lobby is beautiful, the layout of the hotel is unique. I personally love the sense of nature throughout. The top floor indoor pool is nice, but small, a bit on the warm side. The outdoor hot tubs & firepit are a nice touch, great view. The restaurant is quite good all around. Our room (1 bedroom suite) had a kitchenette (mini fridge, microwave, toaster, little sink, dishes, coffee maker), small table with two chairs, couch, gas fireplace, bedroom with king bed, large bathroom (shower only), balcony. We found the room a bit small for being a suite & for the price. The only huge complaint I have is how dirty the floors were. We found candy wrappers in the bedroom & my 9 month old hands & knees were black from crawling around. We took a towel & wiped the floors. Honestly, I don't think the floors were washed or vacuumed in months. Also the room had no soap or face cloths (had to call front desk). For the price, I shouldn't have had to do any cleaning, but I guess things get missed, even when it's slow. Due to the higher price & lack of cleanliness I give the Moose 3.5 stars. Even though we enjoyed it, I don't think we'll be back anytime soon.

Date of stay: June 2021