“Road bike rental”

63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Road bike rental”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We rented a pair of road bikes from Snowtips-bactrax for cycling the Bow Valley Parkway to/from Lake Louise. The bikes were clearly a few years old and had done significant distances but even after our thorough inspection, we couldn't fault them. Gears, brakes and steering were all adjusted perfectly and the tyres had been replaced from originals and were better quality more puncture-resilient versions with plenty of safe miles left. We'd brought our own but helmets, repair kits (spare tube, tyre levers and inflator/canister) and bike locks were included. They were significantly cheaper than the other shop renting road bikes.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank StevenC75

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great equipment and advice. highly recommended.”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Hired some high performance skis for a week or so. Skis were always well tuned and waxed, with edges nice and sharp. The staff were great with recommending different skis to try out depending on the current snow conditions. It was free to switch out skis so I tried 5 or so different pairs, which I found was great to do if you are thinking about buying your own skis. Another bonus is that you don't need to pay if you take a day off - like soul ski shop down the street - just leave the gear in the shop for the day and they'll credit an extra day of hire. Great, friendly service, and very good quality equipment with marker bindings on all the skis!!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank voyageur203
Eagle River, AK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great value for cross country ski rentals”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We were in Banff for a short holiday and wanted to take advantage of a recent snow fall. We asked around and were told that this mom and pop business was the place to rent. We were not at all disappointed. The service was friendly and the price was great for two cross country ski rentals (about $30 USD for an entire day). We were in and out and had a great day skiing around the trails of Banff. Thanks guys!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Jennifer M
Jakarta, Indonesia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Service!”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Hired ski gear from Snowtips for self, husband & teenage daughter. The staff were very attentive to our needs, checked out individual preferences, looked after fussy teenager when she wanted to change boots, & fussy husband who wanted to try different kinds of skis. All in all were very patient and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Oh - did I say the gear was good & in great condition? Highly recommended.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank zydeco57
Plymouth, UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Good quality rentals that you're expected to look after - fair enough”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

These guys rented me an excellent high performance board in good condition. After reading reviews on Snowtops here on Trip Advisor, I'd stayed clear and hired a board else where in town already. After being supplied with a poor board of the wrong size elsewhere and not finding anything small enough in the high performance category, I had to go with Snowtips. They were great - discussed what sort of boarding I did, if there was anything I wanted to try then pulled out a selection of boards (in the right size) for me to try.

There is optional damage insurance (I didn't take it but on retrospect probably would recommend you do).

Had a great time on the board, it was perfect for me.

On return, two technicians inspected the board scrupulously - they found a small dent on one of the edges. (It's rocky out on those mountains!) Wear and tear, I'd say. Luckliy they agreed and there was no charge but for moment I thought otherwise!

I'd recommend Snowtips for their expert advice and range of equipment. They appear to rent good stuff and expect it returned in the same condition. If you're concerned - take out the insurance.

Alternatively, go elsewhere and rent crappy equipment that others haven't bothered to look after.

Visited March 2011