“What a spot!”
Review of The Juniper Bistro

The Juniper Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Juniper Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The wall-to-wall glass at the Juniper Bistro looks out over one of the most renowned vistas in North America. Join us for locally-inspired food that's the ideal complement to a day of hiking, cycling, skiing, or downtown shopping. Our meals are homemade and decadent, crafted to include our most treasured Canadian classics along with new discoveries inspired by worldwide travels. From our in-house bakery to the spirit of our menu, our chefs are proud to create delicious meals with a handcrafted and sustainable spirit.
MD
“What a spot!”
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Oh my goodness. Stopped here on our way from Calary to Lake Louise. Best Bison burgers ever. Best view. Best fire place. So friendly. Hope to get back.

• Visited February 2017
JuniperMgr, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 3 March 2017
Dear fairytalesinmotion,

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoying our lounge to its maximum! The fireplace is certainly one of my favorite spots too!

From all of us at The Juniper Bistro, we look forward to seeing you again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Quebec
“Best meal in Banff”
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Coming from a foodie city I am always interested in well reviewed restaurants. I have to say that even though The Juniper is not a steak house, I did eat here the best ribeye I had in Banff. Meat was cooked to perfection (we were 3 at the table requiring different doneness and everyone was very happy with their plates), tender inside, slightly seared on the outside, well seasoned. The veggies were creatively tasty - squash and onions just delicious. I had beet salad as an appetizer, well presented, beet still slightly al dente, some fresh, some marinated, with pieces of subtle blue cheese. Not a huge wine lists but good choices at reasonable prices. Will definitely go back when I get another chance to come to Banff.

Visited February 2017
Dear Quebec_Abroad,

Thank you so much for your generous feedback, we very much appreciate your kind words! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your meal!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

“Fabulous Brunch”
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend.

The service and food are amazing. You have a nice view of the Fairmont Springs Hotel. There's a cute patio with great views and fireplaces.

I highly recommend any of their Benny's (eggs Benedict)

Visited February 2017
JuniperMgr, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 22 February 2017
Dear Lindsay S,

Thank you so much for your generous review! Your recommendation is greatly appreciated, and are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and our breathtaking views! We look forward to seeing you again!

Canmore, Canada
“Best Patio in Banff”
Reviewed 16 February 2017

The views from this large patio are amazing and in my opinion the best in Banff. The presentation of the food and quality is truly fabulous!

• Visited August 2016
Dear trishgayton1980,

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our kitchen team take great pride in everything they prepare, it is great to hear the quality and efforts show. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our little gem tucked away in the mountains. I would agree, the best patio in the Bow Valley. I can't wait for summer.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Juniper Bistro!

Alberta
“Good food.”
Reviewed 15 February 2017

We enjoyed our meal at the Bistro. Started with salads and the Beet salad was the best. Three had the duck and one pork short rib. Delicious. I did mention it was my husband's birthday but no mention of this by the restaurant. I would go back.

• Visited February 2017
Dear atraveller57,

We appreciate your kind words, and are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal! I will pass your praise along to our team, they will be happy to read your review! I am surprised to hear about the confusion with the birthday. We have started taking great pride in sending a birthday plate when we know or have been told about a celebration. There must have been a mix up. Our apologies. We look forward to seeing you at The Juniper Bistro again!