“Food was Delicous!”
Review of The Juniper Bistro

The Juniper Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Juniper Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The wall-to-wall glass at the Juniper Bistro looks out over one of the most renowned vistas in North America. Join us for locally-inspired food that's the ideal complement to a day of hiking, cycling, skiing, or downtown shopping. Our meals are homemade and decadent, crafted to include our most treasured Canadian classics along with new discoveries inspired by worldwide travels. From our in-house bakery to the spirit of our menu, our chefs are proud to create delicious meals with a handcrafted and sustainable spirit.
Batavia, Illinois
“Food was Delicous!”
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Breakfast was a little slow...but we were a very large group at the hotel. Id make sure there were no big groups starting before I booked.

Visited November 2016
JuniperMgr, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 16 March 2017
Dear Peachmm,

Thank you for your feedback! Breakfast has grown to be very popular, and has become one of our busiest services! As you can appreciate, larger groups always take more time, as we like to ensure every dish is the same, no matter how big or small the group! I would absolutely agree with you that anyone looking to come in should make a reservation to ensure smooth consistent service and satisfaction of our guests!

We look forward to seeing you again!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 3 March 2017

The food was incredible, I think it was the best duck dish of my life. I highly recommend this place. I believe the chef delivered the food to me by himself in order to keep it the right temperature. If I'm ever back to Banff area, I will stop there for meal for sure!

Visited February 2017
JuniperMgr, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 9 March 2017
Dear Michaela D,

Thanks so much for your kind feedback! It was indeed myself that brought you your duck, and i am thrilled to hear you loved your meal! We definitely look forward to seeing you at Juniper Bistro again!

Greenville, North Carolina
“Great food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We only had breakfast here a couple of times, but it was fantastic! Limited, but unique menu. Our server Matt was super friendly and informative.

• Visited March 2017
JuniperMgr, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 3 March 2017
Dear Brian O,

Thank you very much for your review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your breakfast! I will pass your comments along to Matt!

We look forward to seeing you at Juniper Bistro again!

MD
“What a spot!”
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Oh my goodness. Stopped here on our way from Calary to Lake Louise. Best Bison burgers ever. Best view. Best fire place. So friendly. Hope to get back.

• Visited February 2017
Dear fairytalesinmotion,

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoying our lounge to its maximum! The fireplace is certainly one of my favorite spots too!

From all of us at The Juniper Bistro, we look forward to seeing you again!

Quebec
“Best meal in Banff”
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Coming from a foodie city I am always interested in well reviewed restaurants. I have to say that even though The Juniper is not a steak house, I did eat here the best ribeye I had in Banff. Meat was cooked to perfection (we were 3 at the table requiring different doneness and everyone was very happy with their plates), tender inside, slightly seared on the outside, well seasoned. The veggies were creatively tasty - squash and onions just delicious. I had beet salad as an appetizer, well presented, beet still slightly al dente, some fresh, some marinated, with pieces of subtle blue cheese. Not a huge wine lists but good choices at reasonable prices. Will definitely go back when I get another chance to come to Banff.

Visited February 2017
Dear Quebec_Abroad,

Thank you so much for your generous feedback, we very much appreciate your kind words! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your meal!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!