My husband and I were married at the Buffalo Mountain Lodge in 2015, we had the best time and our wedding was so amazing at the lodge that we decided to return to the lodge for our one year anniversary. Unfortunately our stay this year didn't do much to capture the sentiments we experienced on our big day. My husband attempted to call ahead to surprise me with champagne and strawberries upon our arrival, when he called the hotel staff had a hard time accommodating this arrangement. (even though he offered to provide his credit card ahead of time to prepay) They finally agreed to his request but when we arrived we received nothing, they did not even mention their inability to accommodate his request to him. When we arrived the front desk staff demonstrated a sloppy excuse for customer service and seemed inconvenienced by our arrival. We left our room at 9am the first morning to explore Banff for the day ensuring we put the "please make up room" notice on the door, we arrived back at our room at 3pm and our room had not been made up which was very disappointing. We dined at the lodge, the food was average at best, the crème Brule was the smallest portion I have ever been served, you could go to the Banff Springs or Rimrock, the Maple Leaf Lodge (to mention a few) and get higher quality food at the same price point. I started a fire in the wood burring fireplace after our meal and found a half smoked cigar in the woodpile showing that the staff do not make an effort to thoroughly clean, the pipes that connect to the tub in the bathroom were also quite dirty. We enjoy the overall rustic qualities of the lodge, the wood burning fireplace and remembering our wonderful wedding day. Considering we spent serval thousands of dollars at the lodge last year the staff's level of customer service was disappointing/non existant. My husband and I would love to celebrate our anniversary here next year but have decided to reconsider due to the sub par service and hotel staff that do not seem to take pride in their work. I would definitely recommend staying at a different lodge where you could get a better experience for your $250+ per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff, Alberta
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge