We stayed for three nights. The furniture in the cabin was stressed by wear and tear and could do with refurbishment at the very least. The carpet was stained and dirty much like the sister hotel in Emerald Lake.
We had a roadside cabin with a balcony, with two plastc chairs and no table. The road was the main road to Bannf's RV sites so was very noisy early morning, perhaps we should have guessed this with the free ear plugs supplied. The on site cafe had just gone onto low season hours and shut at 5pm, and the Sleeping Buffalo restaurant menu was expensive as was the buffet breakfast at $22/person. Better options elsewhere in Bannf. We were unaware there was a shuttle service until we read the reviews, there was nothing in our cabin about this service. We could have gone into town and have a bottle of wine with our meal.There are no room safe's so the arrangement is you go to Reception, put all your valuables in a brown envelope make a list of them and hand it over to a very young person you have never met in your life before, who states it will be placed in the safe later. Hotel Housekeeping finishes at 5pm so when we needed some resources they were not available at 7pm in the evening and Reception carried no spares. The best thing about this hotel was the friendly work ethic of the staff who did everything possible to please.Well done staff 5 out of 5, the hotel 2 out of five for its very seedy rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff, Alberta
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge