“Very Good”

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Very pleased with our stay. Good base location for a ski vacation. Indoor hot-tub & pool was a hit with my children, and great to relax after full day at the slopes... Free Breakfast was OK. Friendly & helpfull staff. Property is dated but our room was very clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Aalbertan
Elsa T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siding 29 Lodge, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. I am very grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Pine Lake, Ab
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I like to take a mid winter getaway to Banff for a few days and for the second year in a row, have chosen to stay at the Best Western because of the private hot tub that is on the balcony of the room we stay in. The undergound parking they provide is great, especially when you wake up to snow in the morning! The room was spotless, although there is some wear on furniture and needed repair that I am sure is from alot of partying in this room over the years.
Good location on Banff, walking distance from town centre. The staff was very friendly as always.
We will be back! (probably next winter....)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynnardo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our service and Accomodation. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again the next time that you are in Banff.
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very pleased with our 3 night stay; room was large and in great shape with microwave, coffee-maker and fridge. (I am not sure if all rooms have these available.). Spotlessly clean and warm. Underground parking and in-room wi-fi at no extra charge. Hot breakfast also provided and 24-hour coffee, hot tea and ice water in the lobby. Pleasant and helpful staff. Restaurants available within half a block and only a 2 block walk to the Banff shopping district with more restaurants.

We have been to Banff on numerous occasions, but this is our first stay here. I will definitely stay there in future because I think this has the best combination of value, location and amenities we have found so far.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JaneAwbrey
Spruce Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I arrived in the early afternoon and hoped to check in early before heading to Willow Stream Spa. The staff quickly upgraded our room to accommodate our request, without any hesitation.

The room was spacious and complete. It had more than we could possibly need. It was quiet and well maintained. The only thing I felt was missing was black out curtains.

Overall, excellent value, excellent staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lara P
Elsa T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Siding 29 Lodge, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a good comment. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Living in Calgary can be stressful and it can be tough to get away but thankfully the national park is just next door. I stayed at this hotel twice last year (April and Oct) and enjoyed myself both times. Parking is free and underground so requires your room card. The grounds are well kept and the lobby is very nice with a good mix of tile, wood and artwork. There is coffee as well. For those who do not have computer there is one in the lobby to check your email and the web. They have free wireless in the rooms which was a good connection so I could watch some races without buffering.

The first time my room was on the second floor and for a standard it is spacious which is good when you want to relax and not have cramped accommodation. A couple of highback chairs and a table to sit at, big armoire and two queen beds. There was a microwave, minifridge and coffeemaker with teas as well. My room was facing the street so I had a balcony which had a nice view. There was a chair out there too so I could read and drink tea while enjoying the mountain air. If street side is not for you there are rooms facing the back as well. Bathrooms were renovated. The second trip in October I was on the 3rd floor and the room there was very good as well.

The breakfast room is a little small but works. Anyone who has travelled a lot knows breakfasts can be of all kinds but I found the variety was good and there is something for most everyone. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, pancakes, breads, fruit and fruit cocktail, etc. There is a flat screen TV as well to catch the early news while eating. Front desk staff were very accommodating both trips getting me the room type I wanted and helping me with anything that came up.

Location is good with a Shell station across from them and Safeway, restaurants and pubs close by too. If you are travelling with friends or family there is a pool and hot tub on the main level which they will enjoy for sure.

I will definitely go back this year. For a relaxing weekend getaway BW Plus Siding 29 is my best bet.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank heavygambler
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I was able to check into this hotel at close to midnight, and received a room that was a free upgrade. They did not have the exact room I asked for so I received one with a HUGE hot tub in it instead! I am not one to complain with a view of the Rockies!

The pool was empty, and open late, so that made the stay that much sweeter, same for the breakfast! This hotel was the best deal in town!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank m0nal1sa
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Overall we were very satisfied with the hotel and would stay there again.

My family and I stayed 5 nights in one room for a skiing week. The room with two queen beds was very good size and the beds had very good linens. Like others have said, the included breakfast was ample with eggs, sausage, waffles or pancakes, cereals, breads, muffins, fruit, juices and coffee. The breakfast room did fill up quickly at 7am on busy ski days. The underground parkade (love that Canadian word) was very convenient. The hotel is about a four block walk to the heart of Banff Avenue shopping and restaurants, so location is very good. The first night we stayed, there were at least three rooms close to us with dogs, so if the occasional bark or allergies are issues, ask for a room away from dogs. We never heard any barking during sleeping hours.

Knowing that Best Westerns can vary widely in quality, this was a very nice experience. I would compare the quality directly to a good Marriott Courtyard (only with breakfast included)

btw - our stay was also using points and a free night voucher, and the correct number of points were deducted. Also, from BW to Sunshine parking lot was less than 30 minute drive.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family