“Ptarmigan Inn, Banff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“Ptarmigan Inn, Banff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2016

Hotel was very nice, staff very friendly. Rooms were clean and looked after.
When I called to book the room, the girl I spoke with did some checking and found me a great deal, including breakfast each morning. The hotel is right downtown and an easy walk to all the other amenities. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2016, travelled with family
      Location
1 Thank Rick L
ArjunBanff, Front Office Manager at Banff Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, 18 February 2016
788rickl

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn and managed to get a great deal.

I do thank you again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2016

This is still only a 3 star hotel but for snowboarding Lake Louise and Sunshine this location is unbeatable. I could not believe the price as it is comparable to what we pay for a hostel in the snow at Thredbo (which says more about the prices in Thredbo). This hotel had the shuttles stop right in front (no joke, you could fall out of the reception area to the bus stop). Had a hot breakfast each morning before riding. It was included in the room rate. But note they had no non-dairy milk for cereal but i was allowed to store soy in the hotel fridge. The walk to town is very easy. Safeway is even closer. The room was a good size with plenty of hanging space for jackets etc. Bathroom a good size. Not sure why there are three extra locks on the door but that made me feel extra safe. The hot tubs were in the basement and ample size (two of them) but got a rash on my legs afterwards so only used that once. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. Top marks to them. I hope they fix the alarm clock, as the first night i was there it woke me up early in the morning (from the previous tenant setting it). Housekeeping should learn to reset the clocks to NO alarm but lesson for me is ALWAYS check the hotel alarm clock the night before to make sure it is switched off. This clock was faulty and I reported it. Just hope they replace it so the next victim is not unnecessarily woken up early in the morning. Could have stayed at a comparable priced hotel (connected with this chain) that was further outside the town and did not offer breakfast. It looked more upmarket but for the convenience and free brekkie stay here.

• Stayed February 2016, travelled solo
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PtarmiganBanff, General Manager at Banff Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2016
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and please accept my apologies for the alarm clock waking you early. We will certainly use this experience as a training tool for our housekeeping teams.
We are also happy to report that we are now offering almond milk for purchase at breakfast to help accommodate our dairy-free guests.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and I hope that we'll be able to welcome you back on your next visit to beautiful Banff. Until then, safe and happy travels.
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2016

Stayed in this hotel several times over last ten years This year was as good as always. Slight hiccup when in room but within 5 mins problem sorted. Staff so helpful and nothing to much for them. Have booked to stay next year

• Stayed January 2016, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind review. We take pride in our genuine customer service and I'm happy to hear that your room issue was solved efficiently. We'll be excited to have you back next year. Happy and safe travels!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2016

We've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the last 20 years. It's getting old and tired.

Our room was a "two queen split" room. Good layout for a family (we have adult children). Reasonable price for Banff.

Room was not cleaned properly. Trash left in a couple of places. There was what appeared to be a body hair on one of the pillows.

The cover for the heating radiator in the bathroom was falling off. Toilet was an older model that felt "child sized".

The included breakfast was pedestrian. Great thanks to the omelette station for rescuing what was otherwise boring fare.

There was no fridge in the room.

In-room Wi-Fi worked well.

This would be an OK hotel for a sleep-and-go skiing weekend, but we probably won't be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2016, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my apologies for your disappointing stay. I have discussed your issues with our housekeeping and maintenance teams and hope that these problems were resolved quickly by our staff. I'm happy to report that we will be undergoing a full room renovation in the coming year and have already begun this lengthy process. I'm confident that the look and feel of our new rooms will be just the update the hotel needs.
I hope that if you return to Banff, you'll consider staying with us again. Thank you for your feedback.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Great family spot. The rooms were nice with the bathroom set between the beds...great for a family of 3. The complementary breakfast was great with a made to order omelette bar. We did not eat at the restaurant other than breakfast, so many great options in banff.

Stayed January 2016, travelled with family
ArjunBanff, Front Office Manager at Banff Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this review, 9 February 2016
Heath J

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn. Our split rooms we find our great for families as they give you that extra privacy.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2016

I was coming to a conference in Banff and booked this hotel as it was cheaper than the conference venue accommodations. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, the comfort of the beds, and the free breakfast included (which includes an omelette bar). The location was very accessible to shops and restaurants in the town centre, and the conference venue was a quick walk or short scenic drive up the mountain. There were many ski troupes taking advantage of the shuttle the hotel provides to the mountain. The hotel seemed well suited for skiers, but the 3 am arrival of some after a day of playing was loud and disruptive in the hallway in front of my room (not any fault of the hotel). I didn't get a chance to use the pool and hot tub but I looked in and they looked great. Wifi connection was strong and uninterrupted in the room. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the tub was dripping silently…not disruptive to anything other than the late night tub soaks that had 'drip, drip, drip' into the water. I would highly recommend this venue for both cost and quality.

• Stayed February 2016, travelled on business
Shawna247

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn. Our goal is to always insure guests have a relaxing and care free experience and I am so happy we were able to accomplish this on your visit.

I can let you know our maintenance department has rectified the issues you had with your bath tub and I am so happy you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2016

I booked the best of Banff package at the ptarmigan inn. When I arrived I was only given one part of the package and was told that the wine should be in my room. I had to look up the package that I booked online to show the people at the front desk all that it included before they would give me the movie tickets and bottle of wine. I booked a one bedroom room and received 2 beds, not a big deal, but the drapes were shredded and the bathroom is very tiny, there is barely enough room to close the door. What they classify as superior, is not very superior. I was not impressed with the customer service I received when I asked a question. Upon checking out I wanted to clarify that I had a 1pm checkout with the best of Banff package. I was told by the front desk that it was not part of the package, when that is what it says when you look at thepackage online. I did enjoy my stay here two years ago, but after this year I do not think I will be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: The premium rooms are the best quality.