1,224 results
All reviewsomelette stationmeatballsmeatball restaurantunderground parkinghot breakfastshops and restaurantsincluded breakfastthe main streetpremium roomyogurtski busbeds were very comfortableski triptown centrelake louisehot springsbalcony
Reviewed February 10, 2016

This is still only a 3 star hotel but for snowboarding Lake Louise and Sunshine this location is unbeatable. I could not believe the price as it is comparable to what we pay for a hostel in the snow at Thredbo (which says more about the prices in Thredbo). This hotel had the shuttles stop right in front (no joke, you could fall out of the reception area to the bus stop). Had a hot breakfast each morning before riding. It was included in the room rate. But note they had no non-dairy milk for cereal but i was allowed to store soy in the hotel fridge. The walk to town is very easy. Safeway is even closer. The room was a good size with plenty of hanging space for jackets etc. Bathroom a good size. Not sure why there are three extra locks on the door but that made me feel extra safe. The hot tubs were in the basement and ample size (two of them) but got a rash on my legs afterwards so only used that once. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful. Top marks to them. I hope they fix the alarm clock, as the first night i was there it woke me up early in the morning (from the previous tenant setting it). Housekeeping should learn to reset the clocks to NO alarm but lesson for me is ALWAYS check the hotel alarm clock the night before to make sure it is switched off. This clock was faulty and I reported it. Just hope they replace it so the next victim is not unnecessarily woken up early in the morning. Could have stayed at a comparable priced hotel (connected with this chain) that was further outside the town and did not offer breakfast. It looked more upmarket but for the convenience and free brekkie stay here.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
PtarmiganBanff, General Manager at Banff Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and please accept my apologies for the alarm clock waking you early. We will certainly use this experience as a training tool for our housekeeping teams.
We are also happy to report that we are now offering almond milk for purchase at breakfast to help accommodate our dairy-free guests.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and I hope that we'll be able to welcome you back on your next visit to beautiful Banff. Until then, safe and happy travels.

Reviewed February 10, 2016

Stayed in this hotel several times over last ten years This year was as good as always. Slight hiccup when in room but within 5 mins problem sorted. Staff so helpful and nothing to much for them. Have booked to stay next year

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind review. We take pride in our genuine customer service and I'm happy to hear that your room issue was solved efficiently. We'll be excited to have you back next year. Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

Great family spot. The rooms were nice with the bathroom set between the beds...great for a family of 3. The complementary breakfast was great with a made to order omelette bar. We did not eat at the restaurant other than breakfast, so many great options in banff.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
ArjunBanff, Front Office Manager at Banff Ptarmigan Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Heath J

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn. Our split rooms we find our great for families as they give you that extra privacy.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2016

I was coming to a conference in Banff and booked this hotel as it was cheaper than the conference venue accommodations. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, the comfort of the beds, and the free breakfast included (which includes an omelette bar). The location was very accessible to shops and restaurants in the town centre, and the conference venue was a quick walk or short scenic drive up the mountain. There were many ski troupes taking advantage of the shuttle the hotel provides to the mountain. The hotel seemed well suited for skiers, but the 3 am arrival of some after a day of playing was loud and disruptive in the hallway in front of my room (not any fault of the hotel). I didn't get a chance to use the pool and hot tub but I looked in and they looked great. Wifi connection was strong and uninterrupted in the room. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the tub was dripping silently…not disruptive to anything other than the late night tub soaks that had 'drip, drip, drip' into the water. I would highly recommend this venue for both cost and quality.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Shawna247

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn. Our goal is to always insure guests have a relaxing and care free experience and I am so happy we were able to accomplish this on your visit.

I can let you know our maintenance department has rectified the issues you had with your bath tub and I am so happy you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed February 7, 2016

I booked the best of Banff package at the ptarmigan inn. When I arrived I was only given one part of the package and was told that the wine should be in my room. I had to look up the package that I booked online to show the people at the front desk all that it included before they would give me the movie tickets and bottle of wine. I booked a one bedroom room and received 2 beds, not a big deal, but the drapes were shredded and the bathroom is very tiny, there is barely enough room to close the door. What they classify as superior, is not very superior. I was not impressed with the customer service I received when I asked a question. Upon checking out I wanted to clarify that I had a 1pm checkout with the best of Banff package. I was told by the front desk that it was not part of the package, when that is what it says when you look at thepackage online. I did enjoy my stay here two years ago, but after this year I do not think I will be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: The premium rooms are the best quality.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

SaraEB2016

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay here with us at the Banff Ptarmigan Inn, it is always our goal to make sure every stay is as memorable and care free as possible, unfortunately we did fall short in this occasion. Unless we know in advance we always ask what kind of wine you would like at check in, however the tickets and all other aspects of the package should have been organized prior to your arrival.

We have used this case as a training example to make sure this does not happen again. I would like to apologize again for the issues you had and should you like to discuss this matter in more detail please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.