We visited Banff from Toronto in October to celebrate our anniversary. This was our third visit to the Ptarmigan Inn although we hadn’t in the last 2 years as we had read some reviews that said the accommodation was looking and feeling somewhat ‘tired’ and in need of a ‘facelift’ - although we had previously found the inn a most comfortable and convenient place to stay. We were very pleasantly surprised on our arrival to find that all the rooms had been completely refurbished in the past year and we were assigned a lovely suite on the 3rd floor ... with an amazingly comfortable King bed, gas fireplace with cultured stone surround and inset large screen TV, a large modern bathroom with a fantastic shower and separate bath. The icing on the cake was a bottle of wine which we found on our return to our room that evening with a card wishing us a happy anniversary from the hotel staff and management!
The buffet breakfast (included) was very good. Although not a vast selection, everything was tasty and freshly-prepared, including a serve-yourself coffee and juice bar, hot and cold breakfast options and a ‘custom made omelette’ station. We were more than satisfied.
Our weekend was most enjoyable and topped off by the pleasant and courteous staff and added touches by management. (Special thanks to Katy on the front desk and to manager David Pearson.)
This hotel is a most charming and comfortable place to stay in Banff - ideally located steps from the town centre, shops and restaurants and surrounded by amazing mountain views. Highly recommend and we plan to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- - Located on Banff Avenue, one short block from downtown Banff- Includes Full buffet breakfast with a made to order omelette station- Indoor hot tubs, sauna, steam and fitness equipment- The Meatball Pizza and Pasta- 134 cozy hotel rooms- The Sundance and Atrium function rooms for small to mid-size - meetings/receptions- Complimentary wireless internet access in all guest rooms- Heated underground parkade with free parking (first come basis)- Complimentary Roam Bus passes for the Banff transit system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Banff Ptarmigan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banff Ptarmigan Hotel Banff
- Ptarmigan Inn Banff
- Banff Ptarmigan Inn Alberta