“Watching elk whilst sitting on the balcony”

Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We stayed for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon travelling through Canada and we were kindly upgraded to a condo. The living area was very cosy with a fire which was a nice touch. The first evening we were sitting on our balcony and saw some elk just in front of us which was amazing. Although the rooms around us were occupied it was very quiet. We had a lovely relaxing stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We rented a two bedroom place. It was small, but adequate with small, comfortable bedroom, nice baths and the kitchen had just enough utensils for breakfast and simple food preparations. The main thing was, the place was quiet, surprisingly though, because a main road went right past it. We loved Banff and surrounding parks and venues.

Room Tip: All the condos are fine
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

I used my reward program to book here, had I paid full price to deal with the upstairs noise, I would be more upset than I am. You can hear conversation and pretty much all foot noise. I actually live in a condo, and the noise is greater here, than my home. Hence the very low rating.

I had supper at the Alpha Bistro and the value and quality was fantastic, as was the staff. I am in the single Wolf condo. I didn't try the pool, sauna or gym but they were nice. The locker rooms could be cleaner. Not sure if you could pick up a lock, for the lockers. Would be nicer if they had key locks. There is no card required to get into the change rooms and that is odd. The kitchenette is well stocked.

I wouldn't return unless I could get an upper level condo, but at time if writing, I do not know what size unit is above me.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor if you don't like overhead noise.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This hotel/resort looks a bit dated and is several kilometres out of Banff. You have to drive or use the shuttle to access the amenities. The restaurant/lounge has limited hours and a pretty basic menu.

This is like a little campground, with cabins and different buildings all around. The lobby/pool/restaurant are all in one building, and the cabins are like condo/apartment buildings.

I loved the electric fireplace in my room, as well as the couch and bed. My room also had two windows and I could get a lot of natural light and see some beauty outside my windows.

The area around this resort is beautiful, and it was quiet.

The pool and hot tub are nice, though they look a bit dated. I really enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, and I liked that they had a barbecue available for use. This would be a decent place to stay with kids or with a group, I think.

I thought it was a bit pricy, but this is Banff.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Booked here on line for 4 nights. Issue with reservation was handled deftly by the staff. Excellent response. Stayed in a one bedroom suite with full kitchen - great for inexpensive breakfasts and picnic lunches while touring the Banff area. Right on Banff avenue - handy to the village with IGA shopping, large drug store and all the tourist shops you can handle. Bonus - there are BBQ areas with multiple gas BBQs to enjoy outdoor grilling - and meeting your neighbours. Full health club, pool and hot tub facilities on site. Laundry room on site. Small restaurant for breakfasts and dinner if you are not into making your own meals or going into town. Downtown shuttle service. Very close to TCH for easy access to local sites - ie: Mount Norquay chair lift is highly recommended (check local hotels for 2:1 coupons). We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Condos across the street from the main building may be a bit quieter
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Well when you walk in to
Check on you see font desk and an amazing picture of a black wolf (who took
This ???) anyway. The room
I had was 1804. This wasn't a luxury room
But it was decent. We were told that it was suitable for 4 2 adults 2 children. It's small had everything you need if you want to
Bring food or cool there there dishwasher big tv which I didn't turn on.
The only problem I had was with the the pull out couch. It was mangled when set up and you would have to sleep on a 45° angle lol and fall in between the couch and the frame. Kind of thought might have got
A discount since the room was 435 for 2 nights. Anyway life goes on. Would stay there again just would make
Sure it had 2 beds

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Can recommend this as a place to stay in Banff. Individual condos etc and located a couple of kms outside the main village area. Quiet location with all the resort amenities.

Convenient shuttle bus runs regularly into the village and has an easily accessible pick up in the centre of town.

Great place to stay.........

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple