1,143 results
All reviews wolf condo hourly shuttle bedroom condo full kitchen tennis courts sofa bed shuttle service gas fireplace the outdoor hot tub main building lake louise short drive coffee maker ski trip town centre canadian rockies timeshare
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

I went to Rocky Mountain house with my partner for 3 nights.

We had a couple of problems they put us in a second floor bedroom which was fine. Later that night we decided to go into the hot tub. My girlfriend slipped down the stairs due to it not being salted. (It had stopped snowing for hours). We went to the front desk and a very rude front desk agent laughed, and asked insincere if she was ok. I believe his name is "Ian". We have an animal friendly room for our cat. House keeping came to the door one morning and I was speaking to them and my cat was at the door she peaked her head out the door and house keeping slammed the door on her head leaving her running away in pain. They did apologize but I had her under control I'm not just about to let my cat run away.

Other than that the rooms are big, outdoor BBQ included and semi-well located not to far of a drive to the town.

Would reconsider before staying again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Glen D, General Manager at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

I was happy to hear that your concerns were addressed directly at the property with our Front Office Manager during your checkout. I believe the intention of the room attendants was to prevent the cat from escaping. I do apologise for the unprofessional manner is which we handled the slipping concern. The employee you are referring to is very engaging and personable but he clearly misread this interaction. Thank you for allowing us this training and coaching opportunity.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

"We had a great time in Banff & the location was great. The place was as pictured. The resort is aging and some things such as cleaning were lacking and very old/hard beds (even in another unit our friends rented). Location and scenery is stellar! "

"The Rocky Mountain Resort's cleanliness seemed to be lacking as the bathroom stunk even after having the resort clean."

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

My family of 6 was there March 10-13. We absolutely loved it! Quick check-in. We stayed in a wolf 2 bedroom condo. It was very spacious and tons of room! The parking outside is not reserved per room so it is first come, first serve. We sometimes had to park far from our room but it seriously was only an extra couple minutes to walk. We would just pull the car close to load/unload so it wasn't an issue at all. The room was very clean and fully stocked so we did not have to worry about anything. The dishes were clean and everything worked well. The WiFi always worked excellent and we were using at least 5-6 devices at once. The beds were amazing! So comfortable, very soft! The kids loved the large tub while the older boys preferred the shower in the bathroom on the main level. We never did get firewood to burn but wish we had. The cleaners came every day while we were out and fully stocked supplies, switched towels, and fully cleaned our suite and made our beds! I was impressed!

We went to the pool one night. That was the only area that was not my favorite and could use some tlc. We did enjoy the outdoor hot tub which was awesome on the snowy night. Although I might be more picky about the pool, my kids still loved it and that was more important to me, that they had fun! I cannot speak to the hotel restaurant or shuttle as we did not use them. But looking at the menu, the selection and prices were great! Overall, excellent cost for our room and would definitely go back!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank cparenteau1977
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

We were at the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort March 9th -13th, staying in the one bedroom wolf condos. We are a family of four and stayed with another family of five. All the children are under the age of five. The condos are nicely finished and stocked with everything we needed. The rooms were very clean and the house keeping did a great job of fixing the room up everyday. We went with the condo option this year after having noise complaints of our children not being quiet in a hotel setting last year. This was perfect. The hotel accommodated our request to be side by side with the other family and the staff were very friendly. I have read reviews about the pool and would agree that it is in major need of a renovation as well as the change rooms. I also used the fitness facility and found a lot of the equipment to be very dated. However it was all working and I got in the workout I needed ☺. I found it a little odd that I was able to access the stairwell to the gym and pool from the outside of the main lobby without using my room key. I would definitely stay at this location again but definitely hope to see some renovations and would likely not book if a wolf condo was not available.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LindsayD55
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Arrived 3:00 PM Sunday, told front desk if unit wasn't ready I would be fine with coming back, I was informed check was 5:00 PM and did not want to rush cleaning staff. Allowed to check in early. I was asked if I had pets, my reply was no; therefore, I assumed I was being placed in a unit that was pet free. Monday morning awoke to dog barking off and on above me until I left the unit at 1:00 PM. Arrived back at resort after skiing and inquired at front desk, I have no pets, why would I be put in a unit where there are pets. Answer: "Well, we try to accommodate people with allergies. The building you are in is designated for pets." At no time was I asked if I had allergies. For the next 3 days I listened to dogs barking, not outside, but in the unit. Why would they put a senior with no pets in a unit with pets is beyond me.

1 BEDROOM UNIT GROUND FLOOR 340 sq. ft. sleeps 4 - looked fairly modern and appeared to be redone, except for the doors and door frames. Doors and door frames were in bad shape. Floors - you could hear every footstep from unit above and every creak with every step. When the dogs got excited, you could hear the pitter patter of their feet. You could also hear voices and discern whether they were male or female. It was difficult to fall asleep as there was a continuous pulsating hum that was quite loud in the bedroom and in the bathroom.

KITCHEN - very minimum of everything. 1 dishcloth, 1 tea towel, one of the pot handles came off the pot as soon I went to use it, left it on the stove and it was never replaced with another one. A broom that had definitely seen better days.

CLEANING - their info sheet says daily towel service, garbage removal, beds made, supplies replenished - NOT SO. Wednesday was the only day that there was any service. On Friday, I had to call the front desk, because housekeeping did not answer their phone, and ask to have the garbage taken out as there were no replacement bags to take out my own garbage.

POOL/HOT TUB - not overly dirty, but extremely run down. Ceiling patched and still leaking, bottom of walls that were destroyed. The lockers were absolutely disgusting, repainted on the outside, but the insides were dented and badly rusted and just dirty. They looked like they have been there since the resort opened.

STAFF - for the main part were very friendly with the exception of one young man at the front desk who was the one who pretty much dismissed me with my concerns about being in a pet building and when I requested a copy of my bill. I asked the front desk where there was any x-country skiing close by and I was told that I needed to travel back to Canmore for x-country skiing as there was none in the area. There is x-country skiing at Tunnel Mountain just up the road from the resort and also in town behind the Banff Springs Hotel as well as at Lake Louise.

I thought about asking to be put in another unit, but I had unloaded my vehicle and put all my belongings and my groceries away and did not want to have to pack everything up and cart it to another unit.

I have stayed in many time share resorts in many different countries and I am embarrassed to see such accommodations in Canada in such a world renowned ski area. I spoke to visitors from the USA and they were also dismayed for the same reasons. I spoke to time share owners that purchased their time share when the resort opened and they too are not happy.

I would stay here again if I had to but not in a pet designated building and not in a ground floor unit.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper unit so that you don't have to listen to every footstep above you.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DancingDivaJudy
Glen D, General Manager at Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2017

The resort is "pet friendly" and we certainly consider this an asset. However, it is disappointing when the owners of a pet do not make every effort to make their pet's transparent to their neighbors as was the case during your stay. It would have been our pleasure to move you to a more suitable location had you given us the opportunity.

As a timeshare guest, I am confident that you are aware of the housekeeping service schedule which as you mentioned, is Wednesdays. We would always honor reasonable additional requests at any time during your stay.