1,143 results
All reviews wolf condo hourly shuttle bedroom condo full kitchen tennis courts sofa bed shuttle service gas fireplace the outdoor hot tub main building lake louise short drive coffee maker ski trip town centre canadian rockies timeshare
Reviewed May 23, 2017

While planning for our third family stay at the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort I was hesitant. My hesitation resulted from reading several reviews of this property which had raised concerns regarding the pool area, cleanliness, and staffing. My hesitations proved unfounded:
*while the pool was closed for the first half of our stay when it re-opened it was much improved over past years;
*while not pristine, the rooms we occupied where clean as were the dishes, sheets, and bathrooms;
*where this resort shone was in the professional, courteous, and helpful care provided by the staff--kudos folks.
Bottom line, would I recommend this resort to friends, yes but ask for a renovated suite/unit.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated suite/unit
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2017

2 bedroom suite was fine. Clean and well cared for. The only drawback was the water pressure grew weaker as the water temperature increased. Nice walk into town along highway, or a very long walk along Tunnel Mountain Highway which has fantastic views of the Bow Valley.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2017

The "1 bedrm suite" was very small....the bedroom didn't have enough room even for a small suitcase, let alone a surface to put it on. The double closet doors just barely cleared the side of the bed when they were opened, and in general it was just shabby and very tired looking.....
We were upgraded, (for an additional chg.) to a larger suite which was actually pretty good, but again the furniture well used and the carpeting in need of replacement. Also, it was on the second floor of the "block", and the outside stairs were very well worn and strewn with small pebbles and rocks. They needed a good sweeping. If a person slipped on one of the rocks, it was a long way down and ends up on a cement landing. Not Good!!

There was also a "smell"...a combination of the wood smoke from the wood burning fireplace, and a 'mildewy' odor, that we noticed upon entering the suites (both of them) upon entering them. The place has been around since 1988, and is (at the core) a good facility, but it needs some upgrading. Even something as minor as new lampshades would make a big difference . It appears that the bathtub enclosure was more a recent addition in our suite, , which was nice.
There's also a "bistro" off the lobby, but it wasn't very inviting....very dark and drab looking. Nice outdoor seating available, however, unfortunately at this time of year too cool to take advantage of.

The front desk staff were great, but the property really is in need of some TLC!! It would give them more to work with!!
We met friends there who came from Northern Alberta for a visit, and it was on my recommendation that we chose this accommodation. I felt quite badly, since was my idea....It's not a place we would recommend, unfortunately.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

So we booked a loft suite (double plus a sofa bed) in hope that this would allow myself and my partner to both get a good night sleep (most nights we sleep apart due to his snoring. Can't be helped - but even with ear plugs and other preventative measures, he keeps me awake the majority of the time). The loft suite, costing more than the one bedroom suite (same number of beds; just the bedroom is separated by walls and a door) is useless for keeping the noise down as there are no separating walls it's all open and so sound echoes. Even the tv kept me awake when he had that on in the lounge area. Also, you can hear the other guests through the floor. Crying baby and microwave dings every two seconds. Great.

Not the cleanest rooms - furniture covered in dust and found long black hair in my bed - gross! Wouldn't stay again. Also this hotel is on the outskirts of town and far from any civilisation and barely walkable especially in the winter months. Free shuttle in to town is great but not always reliable as it gets full and can run late.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2017

I stayed here for two nights on business. Loved the upgrade to a loft suite; much better than the rather ordinary ground-floor the last time. Staff were friendly and room was reasonably clean. A bit noisy with passing trains in the night, but what place in Banff isn't? Would stay there again if in a loft suite.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business