We had a good time staying in this hotel. The service was the best – I misplaced my iphone and the employee at reception allowed me to use her computer behind the desk to track my phone online. Breakfast was nothing special, but still nice to have for free! I had no problem with the spiral staircase and actually felt quite safe while climbing and descending it.
Temperature was a problem for me. The loft seems like a really cool idea, but I really had a hard time sleeping. The bed is upstairs, and as hot air rises, so did my temperature as I tried to sleep. The fan was useless, and opening the window did nothing. In the end, I had to lower the thermostat located downstairs, which was freezing since the cold air from outside had fallen from the open window upstairs to flood the bottom level. Overall, I was very uncomfortable with the temperature in the room, and as a result, was not able to enjoy the fireplace downstairs to its full capacity. Along the same line, the swimming pool gave me similar troubles. At first, the pool was too cold to enjoy and I almost burned my legs in the steam room, but after a dip in the hot tub, the cold pool became a refreshing end to the evening.
I probably would not go back, but only because of my issues with the room temperature. Considering everything else, however, this hotel offered really good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charltons Banff is located 5 blocks from downtown Banff. This 3.5 star resort was created in the classic alpine style with natural cedar, combined with a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, it makes the Charltons Banff the perfect Rocky Mountain Retreat. Start the day with a complimentary Continental Breakfast. After a busy day of mountain activities relax in the indoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Charlton's Banff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlton`s Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Banff
- Charltons Cedar Court Hotel Banff
- Charlton's Banff Alberta