1,128 results
All reviews water slides indoor playground full kitchen play zone frame chalet liquor store murphy bed bedroom condo tunnel mountain bit dated free bus hot tub downtown banff flat screen bus service living area main floor
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here for 12 nights over the Christmas holidays and loved it!
Firstly the staff were some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever met in any of the places I have stayed in around the world. This goes from the lovely people on the reception desk right through to the maintenance staff as nothing was too much trouble for any of them.
My son really enjoyed the indoor play area with it's large climbing centre. He also made full use of the newly opened water-slides and really had a lot of fun rushing down these.
For part of our stay we had the jacuzzi suite. This was a real treat as it allowed my wife and I to step out of our bed straight in to a warm, bubbly bath and really wake the body up for the day. It was also nice to relax in at the end of the day as well!
With a grocery and liqueur store on site as well as a laundry, there is everything you could wish for here. However, if you wanted to get into town it was simply a matter of waiting for the frequent and on time bus service, jump on, show your room key and relax. What an added bonus this was.

3  Thank Big_Stu23
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review, Stu. We are thrilled to hold your title of friendliest and most helpful hotel you’ve stayed at. You seemed to have made great use of our amenities, including our newly renovated waterslides! It’s truly a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us over the festive season. We hope we can be your hotel of choice in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Douglas fir for 3 nights between christmas and new years. The place is really great and easy to access downtown banff as there is a bus service that is free to all guests. It was awesome having access to a wood fire and firewood at our disposal.

I found the room to be extremely hot though! we were in the main building rather than chalets and I think that because we were above and below floors that a lot of heat from the other rooms entered ours. With no heating on the thermostat read 24 degrees!! we had to have the deck door open to enjoy the fire, which really just made part of the room freezing. I found it a little uncomfortable to sleep in the heat as I didn't want to leave the deck door open over night. That was really just a minor complaint and to be fair it was an unusually warm winter (about -2 to 3 degrees celcius).

I think it's great that they provide eggs, bacon and milk but I did not eat the eggs as they were not free range.

We requested a mountain view room and we were pleased to find they had honoured our request, what a beautiful view!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g d
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights and had a 1 Bedroom apartment in a chalet with 3 other apartments- these are detached from the main hotel - highly recommend you ask for one of these. The only down side is that you have to dress for the outdoors when travelling to and from the waterside, spa, pool and indoor play zone, however, this is easily compensated for with the local wildlife outside your balcony. The rooms are a little dated with limited storage for ski gear but all the amenities you need. Located longer than walking distance from town if you have a young family but the bus is free and comes every 40 minutes.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main lodge are quiet and the balconies are right on the forest line.
3  Thank Fern T

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. It’s fantastic to hear you chose to spend your Christmas with us and that it was an enjoyable visit on for the whole family. Our 2 & 3 Bedroom A-Frame Chalets are perfect for a winter getaway and I’m pleased to hear they offered the privacy and quiet vacation you were looking for. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I had our first experience of staying at the Douglas Fir Resort for four days over the christmas holidays.All staff was very friendly and accommodating. This included right from the minute we approached the frong desk to sign in.The room was very nice and very clean.Everything we needed was in the room,etc lots of towels,extra shampoo and conditioner,tissues,soap.cooking etensils. We could have had room service every day over the holidays but that was not nessessary for us. The room was very quite so we got a lot of rest when we needed it.It did not matter what time of the day or night.We would not hesitate to go there for our nest stay.We would,t look to stay anywhere else but the Douglas Fir Resort.

Room Tip: Very peaceful stay
3  Thank Norman J
BanffFamilyHotel, Director of Sales at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Many thanks for your kind review and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us this Christmas season. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the quiet - our location on Tunnel Mountain has its benefits. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Banff.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

HI, I stayed at this resort with my two young boys aged (6 and 8). It was a little pricey but well worth the money. The place itself was 1 bedroomed with a pull out double (Goes up against the wall). The oven was huge which was an advantage, the bed was comfortable and the heating was fantastic- Gas fire and underfloor heating, which made the place toasty...
The bonus was the waterslides which the kids loved and the arcade. The laundry is next door and very handy. The botlle shop and grocery store are handy and are not too over priced. It is a fabulous place but would recommend this place if you have a hire car as its a long walk up the hill or a wait for a free bus in - temperatures. My boys wanted to stay longer at this resort rather than return to Orlando, so they rate it 5* I would rate it probably 3.5* but definitely great for kids- if the kids are happy, mum is happy.....

1  Thank tracey f

Thank you for your comments and feedback.. It is wonderful to hear that you and the kids enjoyed your stay with us. Our resort is truly geared towards families with both the amenities in the rooms and well as the family friendly activities. We are quite honoured for your children to prefer the Douglas Fir Resort over Orlando! Should you have the opportunity to stay with us once again - stay connected via our Facebook page as we provide information on great deals and packages.