Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
US$62
Good 3.5/5
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$133
Very Good 4/5
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$141
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Bow View Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$77
Very Good 4/5
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$93
Travelocity
1,056 results
All reviewswater slidesindoor playgroundfull kitchenplay zoneframe chaletliquor storemurphy bedbedroom condotunnel mountainmain buildingbit datedhot tubwood burningfree busdowntown banffflat screenbus service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed at the resort at the end of March 2012 while we were on vacation skiing at Lake Louise. We stayed in a loft unit with two bedrooms (one loft, one main floor) with three queen sized beds in total (two in the loft). There were one and a half bathrooms which was very handy for five of us in the mornings heading out to ski and again in the afternoons returning. Our children 8 & 10 really enjoyed the water slides and play area and spent several evenings there.. Also to keep peace help keep peace in the family there were three flat screen TVs, one each in the loft, living room, and main floor bedroom. The price while not cheap was reasonable for the accommodations. The next time we come to Banff we'll be certain to stay at Douglas Fir.

2  Thank Wpg_Mike
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for providing your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us. Our One Bedroom Condo’s are perfect for larger families which provide the much needed additional space, extra bathroom and additional bedroom. We have a number of great promotions available throughout the year, be sure to stay connected via our e-newsletter as well as our Facebook and Twitter accounts to be the first to know about our best prices. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Douglas Fir Resort in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is the second time my children and I have spent a night at the Douglas Fir Resort. The kids LOVE this place. We stayed in a "loft room" which had an upstairs (loft) area which the kids were thrilled about. The full kitchen and fireplace made our stay so much more comfortable!

2  Thank newfiehun

Thank you for staying at the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets and for your subsequent review. It’s wonderful to hear that our fully equipped kitchens made your stay comfortable and convenient and your kids enjoyed the loft! We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel in December 2011. We are a family of 5 and had some friends visiting from Australia (family of 4). The ages of the kids range from 8 to 15 (3 girls and 2 boys). The kids loved the pool (which had apparently just reopened after some renovations). We stayed in a loft unit with 3 bedrooms (each with 2 queen size beds) and a total of 4 bathrooms (one en-suite in each bedroom, and another on the main floor beside the kitchen). One of the loft bedrooms was a bit small and the bathrooms in the two loft bedrooms were pretty small, but everything was clean and functional. We loved having a full kitchen, huge dining room table (would have easily seated 12) and living room. We were there for 3 nights and had breakfast in our suite every morning before heading off for a day of skiing and/or sightseeing. We ordered pizza in for dinner one night (recommended by the front desk, very good) and ate in Banff the other two nights. The adults especially appreciated the free shuttle bus into Banff which ran on schedule and ensured that we could all enjoy a glass of wine with dinner without having to worry about designated drivers or finding parking in Banff. This hotel is NOT within walking distance of Banff's main street, but the shuttle bus stops directly in front of the hotel and has many convenient stops within the Banff town site.

Our unit came with 2 underground heated parking stalls which was a nice benefit; no scraping the windshields in the morning! The kids also liked the daily "turn down" service with the delicious chocolates left in their rooms.

We would definitely stay here again, the price was right and the accommodations were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 3princesas

Thank you so for much taking the time to write a review. We’re ecstatic to hear how great your family holiday was. Our 10 person, 3-Bedroom, 4-Bathroom, Family Suites are ideal for large family gatherings; we built them to ensure every room has their own private bathroom and we included an large additional forth bathroom with soaker tub to accommodate a more comfortable bathing experience. We have a number of wonderful promotional available through our e-newsletter as well as our Facebook and Twitter accounts, so be sure to stay connected. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Douglas Fir was a great family hotel with plenty of things to do in the evening to burn off the kids last bit of energy.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom w/ loft and loved it. The room had a real mountain ski resort feel to it. There's also a grocery store attached to the hotel so any odds and ins that you need can be picked up without leaving the property.
Any time we're back in Banff we'll definitely stay at this hotel.

2  Thank jmm474
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your review, I’m pleased to hear how wonderful your stay was with us. Our suites and cabins are the perfect mountain getaway for many and our on-site grocery store provides convenience for the last minute bits and pieces you may have forgotten. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us once again.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We had fun at the kid zone and pool, although the pool hours were less than what we anticipated. My problem was with the cleanliness of our room. I moved the bed to accommodate my playpen and revealed a dirt/hair elastic/mess pile against the wall. No big deal, I don't think hotels move the beds to vaccuum so I was not concerned. Then the mes stayed there the whole time! I didn't let my child play in there and felt grossed out. I don't know what the cleaning crew did when they came, but I had to call and ask for towels.

The place was FREEZING when we arrived and even with the heat cranked and the fire on, it took hours to heat up. Not a big deal, unless you have a kid who needs to nap in the bedroom where there are no heat vents.

Other than that we had a great time. My sister had the unit beside us and her dishwasher didn't work. I wrote the hotel to express my concerns and never heard back. I think that frustrated me more than the mess.

3  Thank S G
BanffFamilyHotel, Director of Sales at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that our level of cleanliness was not up to our usual exceptional standards. We take pride in our resort and this time it seems we missed the mark. I would also like to apologise that your comments regarding your stay were not responded to. We are following up with the appropriate departments as to why this happened.
It is great news that your enjoyed your stay regardless of the outstanding issues and I would love to welcome you back to the Douglas Fir Resort in the future so we can make you feel more at home. Please feel free to contact me directly as I’d like to follow up with you in person.