Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$346
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$380
US$304
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$357/night.

Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$394
US$296
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$348
US$273
Fairmont Banff Springs(Banff)
US$494
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$277
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,090 results
All reviewswater slidesindoor playgroundfull kitchenplay zoneframe chaletliquor storemurphy bedbedroom condotunnel mountainbit datedhot tubwood burningfree busdvd playerdowntown banffflat screenminute drive
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have nothing but good to say about this resort!!
The staff is so friendly!
I would go back anytime!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mcpuppa
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments! I look forward to welcoming you back to the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We recently stayed for several nights, in a pet friendly unit. I am always slightly horrified by the pet money grab, I can see a onetime fee, but really $25 a night? How is the number of nights one stays going to effect how the unit is cleaned? I will admit, I was less concerned about our golden retriever shedding when I am paying a $25/day cleaning fee for her.

We stayed in a one bedroom unit, it was well appointed, fully stocked kitchen. Due to the style of this unit, you are downstairs, below ground - so other then sliding doors it doesn't offer much natural light. There was lots of lighting in the unit, so that is good. The good think is that we were just in the unit mostly at night, so the natural light is not as big a thing. There were flat screen tvs in bedroom and living area, so nice new technology - and you do have the feeling like the place has been maintained over the years.

It was a good location, easy walk into town, or catch the bus - no dining or shopping immediately nearby, you need to go back into town. But being slightly out of town up Tunnel Mtn, means its a quieter location.

I would say that the store that is not owned by the resort, but is on the property, wow - super expensive, use as a last choice. I bought 1 litre of apple juice and a nestea drink, over $6. I was not impressed. Shop in town, better options, less expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cathaleen

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. We are in the process of renewing our lighting in our One Bedroom Condos to provide a brighter living space for our guests. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our peaceful location on Tunnel Mt. and enjoyed using your complimentary bus pass to explore downtown Banff. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We recently stayed 3 nights at the Douglas Fir with our 3 teenagers. We booked a one-bedroom with loft. The suite was absolutely perfect. The 3 kids had the loft and turned it into their "apartment" for the weekend - it had 2 queen beds, a large dresser, flat screen tv, and a bathroom. My husband and I had the bedroom on the main floor, which also had a flat screen tv and large dresser, and was right beside the main bath. The kids loved having their own space to relax after outings and we loved that we could go to bed earlier and not have their tv keep us awake.

The suite had a full kitchen with a breakfast bar, dishwasher, coffee maker (coffee supplied), toaster, mircowave, dishes, pots and pans, etc. We'd booked a "bed and make your own breakfast" package which included ingredients to make breakfast. We were expecting maybe pancake mix and syrup, but our kitchen was stocked with a variety pack of individual cereals, a dozen eggs, a package of bacon, loaf of bread, butter, milk, coffee cream, and orange juice. You can apparently also pre-order the groceries you'd like in your suite and they'll have them for you when you arrive - a total convenience and unlike any other place we've stayed.

Overall the suite suited our large family's needs perfectly. The dining area had a table with seating for 5. The living room had a wood burning fireplace, a flat screen tv, a hide-a-bed couch, coffee table, and patio doors to the private balcony. As a smoker, I was happy to see a wall-mount receptacle for butts on every balcony.

The service was also exceptional. We had someone park in our assigned spot and within minutes staff were dealing with the situation. We had some noisy patrons outside our room one night and again, with one call to the front desk the situation was dealt with immediately.

The amenities are perfect for families. Lots of walking trails; a games room; weight room; convenience store; waterslides (waterslide area has a kiddie pool, hot tub and sauna) and a separate pool for swimming (also with a hot tub).

The location is very good, just a few minute's drive to downtown but still far enough away that you don't hear any of the traffic/noise of Banff Ave.

We have only great things to say about this resort and will absolutely book it for our next family vacation in Banff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jennifer C
BanffFamilyHotel, Manager at Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review. You have captured the essence of a vacation at the Douglas Fir Resort perfectly and I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Bed and Cook Your Own Breakfast package is a favourite amongst many families who stay at the Douglas Fir Resort. I’d also recommend our Bed and BBQ package if you were to stay with us again over Summer. I’d love to welcome you and your family back to the Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets. Be sure to stay connected with us via our Facebook page, Twitter account and e-newsletters to hear about our best prices and latest promotions.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This resort is extreme value for money for a goup. Excellent location with free bus service outside your door. Friendly staff and spacious accomodation. 3 km from main street. Great views from some rooms. Thank you douglas fir for making our trip more fun

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nmasher

Thank you very much for your comments. I’m pleased that you had an excellent stay and you enjoyed our accommodation, complimentary bus service and beautiful location. I hope we are your hotel of choice again in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

What can I say this place is great. Wood burning fire place. Water slides .Loft suites. Unbelievable views. If I had to recommend one place in Alberta to someone who had never visited this would be it. Yes it is older but has been thoughtfully maintained and cleaned.As close as you get to camping in the mountains . They dont nickel and dime you which is great.Free wifi free firewood. We will definitely return. Lots of local Albertans including myself frequent this resort with there families and you can see why. Did I mention the view!!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jimmyreds

Thank you for your kind words. I’m happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We believe in ‘Added Value’ when it comes to family holidays in Banff, which is why we are happy to provide all our amenities as well as things like free firewood, WIFI, bus passes and parking at no extra cost to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the finest family accommodation in Banff!