1,373 results
All reviews bus pass superior room free bus banff avenue walk into town the main street mountains skiing passes roam rockies snow
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. I was so excited to see the outdoor hot tub, which also gave me high expectations for the hotel room.
Unfortunately, our stay didn't meet our expectations. When we got into our hotel room, in the corner of our room was underwear. We were absolutely appalled and disgusted by what we saw as it was clearly used by another previous guest. The tissue box was empty, and there were only 2 mugs available even though my booking stated there were 4 of us.

While we were in our room, we could hear conversations in the hall or in the other rooms. It felt like we didn't have much privacy because the walls seemed like they were paper thin. When we got into bed, I noticed blood drippings on the sheet. I called the front desk for clean sheets and they said okay. 20 minutes passed by and we still didn't get the sheets, so I called again and the front desk said they already informed the housekeeper of our request, but didn't give me an approximate time about when they will be coming. Instead I was told in a rude tone that they were "probably just busy".

At the end of the night, we wanted to relax and go to a place we could just hang out and enjoy the atmosphere. We were happy to see there was a lounge at our hotel. However, that wasn't the case. We tried to go to the lounge area at about 8pm to see that it was already closed. There were posters about the lounge in the elevator and lobby about the Bears Den closing at 10. We asked the front desk about it and she replied "when it's not busy they close early". Who knows what time they could've closed? We were there at 8 which is 2 hours earlier than closing time. This was a huge disappointment as posters shouldn't be put up advertising the den if it isn't even open.

The scenery in Banff was absolutely breathtaking, but this is one hotel I'm never staying at again.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank selena--jane
Reviewed April 2, 2016 via mobile

You don't want to stay here if:
You want a clean room
You want clean hallways
You want a pet friendly hotel that allows you to go for dinner and leave your dog in the room.
You want to have a beverage at the pool and not have someone ask you to dump your Starbucks! Clear water bottles only!
You want your room cleaned before 5:30pm
You want the cleaners to shut your room door after they are done!( Isn't it fire code to have a door that shuts on its own?)
You want your patio door to lock!
You want security to pay as much attention to the revellers in the parking lot as they do to the hottub!

Never again!!

Date of stay: April 2016
2  Thank Trichick2013
Reviewed April 1, 2016

I enjoy this hotel. While the rooms are slightly outdated, the comfort and cleanliness make up for it. The rooftop hot tub is my favorite. Whats better than sitting in a hot tub surrounded by beautiful mountains. I cant think of a better way to relax. Its clean and well maintained.

Room tip: You cant beat a mountain view. Even rooms that have a "limited view" are beautiful
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

Our stay here was nice the view of the mountains were great from our room with large decks and really nice beds. We stayed here on family day long weekend and it was really busy not being able to park at the hotel if you were out late. The hotel it self is in need of some repairs in the hallway and stairs as it is looking old and dirty but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is on the cheaper end in Banff so for what you pay it is a good buy and we would recommend this place if your just staying in Banff and will just need a place to sleep as Banff is amazing and tons to do so we never stayed in the room but will look for more of an up scale accommodations next time we are in Banff.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2016

I think this is a fine hotel to stay in - if you know what to expect. It's much cheaper than a lot of hotels in Banff and you get what you pay for.

It's an older place that's a tad run down. The furniture, walls, doors, etc. in the room are old - the beds and linens were great. It's noisy - we could hear a baby crying all night (next door or upstairs, not sure), a bunch of loud drunk guys came in late (despite there being an 11pm "quiet time" imposed), and the water through the pipes in the wall was deafening - to the point we couldn't hear each other talk until the water stopped lol. Oh yeah, stay away from the ice machine if you don't want to hear that going all night too!!

That being said, the staff is great, I already mentioned the super comfy beds, our room was huge (building C, mountain view room), the price was right, the outdoor hot tub was wonderful, it's pretty close to town (free bus if you don't want to walk), did I mention how much cheaper it was than ALL the other hotels we looked at??

All and all I would definitely stay here again. But remember, I don't expect luxury!! :)

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com