“Great place with incredible views”
Review of Inns Of Banff

Inns Of Banff
Ranked #32 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place with incredible views”
Reviewed 25 July 2016

This is my favorite spot in Banff, However you must book it with some time to get the best rate for rooms with mountain views... but even then, a standard room with no view can enjoy of the pool terrace which is right in front of the mountains, I like the view in summer and winter time, the heated pool allows you to enjoy the amazing Rockies full of snow in winter time. Now the facility needs some update and better maintenance, but the location really exceeds the infrastructure.

Room Tip: Mountain view is the best
  • Stayed April 2016, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2016

This place is the WORST hotel in my whole life. I travelled to over 20 countries and happily stayed in over a hundred of hotels from budget friendly to luxury. This one is a low/mid-range priced hotel with the lowest room quality ever possible, management and service I ever stayed in. Considering the poor quality you received, it is SO OVERPRICED even if you may find it less expensive than some other options. Book the one with solid reviews! I learnt my lesson.

The pool area has major safety hazard for adults AND kids. The tiles are sharp and slippery. I don't believe people still use this kind of tiles on floor in 2016! The pool area is uneven with pond of dirty water in it. Very disgusting. There are cracks on the floor. Metal rust are exposed. Don't expect change. Manager proudly claimed that "satisfied inspection so nothing is wrong." Shame on him.

I broke my toe in the pool area. Made a phone call to the doctor in Banff and learnt that it will be 250$ minimum to just have the doctor to see it without any X-ray or other exam.

The worst is the management. He refused to compensate one cent after hearing that. accident due to the poor management and outdated property. The manager is simply cheap. He insisted that the pool area is "perfectly fine" and "there is nothing wrong with it" even standing one feet away from the terrible tiles and cracks of the pool area. Maybe that is the level of life he lives and think everybody should live with. Very cheap man.

Unsatisfied guests are just the norm for Inns of Banff. Here I didn't see the happy and relaxed guests as I met in many other places. People are unhappy and stressful. My vacation would be perfect if I trust any of the negative reviews. Don't waste your time and money here. TRUST the others who spend the time to write the negative reviews. We learnt it the hard way! Hope you will make the wise choice and stay away from this horrible property with worst management.

4 Thank WorldTravellerUSA00
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this review, 3 August 2016
Unfortunately this review is very one sided and rather unfair. The swimming pool in the hotel certainly does not have any safety issues. The issue that this guest had is that the pool deck was wet after they and others had been swimming. This will happen in any swimming pool that I am aware of and there is nothing that can be done to prevent this. Wet floors in pool area's do become a little slippery and care needs to be taken as not to slip and fall. When this incident was brought to the attention of hotel staff an offer was made to provide a taxi to seek medical advise from the local hospital. This was declined as the reviewer informed the hotel that they had traveled to Canada from the US without travel insurance. As a frequent traveler myself I am aware if the importance of taking out travel insurance in case of any unfortunate accidents We subsequently examined the hotel pool area. No one was using the pool at the time and the deck was clean and dry.

Travellers are raving about these Banff hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I should trust the negative reviews. It makes me questioning why I am putting myself and my family to this low standard of living during our vacation. Am I really saving money? Of coz not. There are plenty of beautiful Banff hotels in this town with very reasonable price. DO NOT RISK. It is very out dated without proper upgrade. Just book somewhere else.

4 Thank Katie H
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I wasn't expecting much because it was about all we could get in Banff at an affordable price in July. But I did expect more than this! All the hotels in Banff charge extortionate prices in the height of the season. I couldn't get anything unless I wanted to spend around $500 per night. I managed to get these rooms for around $270 per night incl taxes and extra person in room.
We were in the Swiss Village building across the parking lot. But it is still part of the Inns of Banff. As soon as you stepped into the hallways the building had a bad odor. The rooms themselves were quite spacious except for the bathrooms which were very small. They were basic but not very clean...very dated and the bathroom floors were awful.
We stayed two nights and we left around 8.30am to spend the day in and around Banff. The housekeepers were outside our doors and we told them we were leaving for the day and even put housekeeping signs on the doors.
We got back around 5pm to our rooms and no housekeeping had been done at all in any of the 3 rooms we had booked. We had to go looking for towels, shampoos, cups etc...it really was very disappointing as we had brought visitors from abroad.
The roof top hot tub is about the best feature of this hotel, but the indoor pool is not very nice.We wont be staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to get one in the main building at least with a balcony you have some decent views. Otherwise do...
3 Thank SybSC
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2016

All the bedding had high synthetic content - not very comfortable. The mattress liners were waterproof, for protection against bedwetting; uncomfortable and noisy when you shift your position. The bathroom floor was dirty. On the weekend, the neighbours were noisy.

• Stayed July 2016, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joe F
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Location of property away from main city and having peaceful surrounding.They provide free bus passes for traveling to city. The property is having two separate building which are inter connected front building is having reception and restaurant area etc.one has to catch lift from front building to walk to back building with luggage to reach rooms if it is in back building the connected passage is having steps and it is very trouble sum to walk with luggage.Rooms are spacious but washroom require improvement the flooring was very old with dirty marks.They offer Canadian $ 5/ discount coupon for reusing towel. This coupon can be used in their restaurant however asking extra tea coffee refill in room chargeable.good internet connectivity in rooms.

Room Tip: if having luggage prefer rooms in front building.
  • Stayed June 2016, travelled with family
Punta Cana
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Disgusting
This place is really dirty. The hall carpets are dirty , the elevator is dirty. The room are dated and dirty. There is no air conditioning although I was here on a cool week and didn't need it. Can't believe I was stuck here for a few nights
This is the first bad review I have ever written but I felt I need to warn others
The only good thing I can say is that there was a very pleasant girl from Australia at the front dest.

• Stayed July 2016, travelled as a couple