Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$310
US$284
Hotels.com
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$411
US$399
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$278
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$279
US$244
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$280/night.

US$212
Official Hotel
US$199
US$181
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

US$501
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$434
US$270
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$318/night.

US$455
TripAdvisor
1,312 results
All reviewsbears den puboutdoor hot tubbus passsuperior roomfree busmain partbanff avenuethe main streetmountainsskiingpassesroamskiersrockiessnowkeg
Reviewed March 19, 2017

We stayed for two nights. The whole building was like a maze. Agreed. We did take a little effort to get to our room. Afterward, it's not hard to find the room at all. There was a little balcony with a beautiful mountain view, definitely a plus. The breakfast was very good. The services at the restaurant was good too. The room was clean. It's hot summer days, the summer at Banff was not that hot though, virtually there was no air conditioning even it was claimed. When checking out, we were told that there was an outstanding charge which was a little surprise to me. It's proved false and we were good to go.

Stayed: July 2016
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay MarcLiu1950. I am delighted to hear you found your room to be clean and enjoyed the spectacular mountain views from your deck. It is also great to hear you found the service and food at our restaurant to be good too. You are perfectly correct in your observations that the hotel does not provide A/C in it's guest rooms. I am glad you were not adversely affected by this.

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed a few times here over the years. The hotel is basic North American. I couldn't swear to it, but the decor looks the same to me as it did 20 years ago, but now it's getting a bit tired. Saying that, the beds are comfortable, the linen is clean and the staff are friendly. We stayed 1 night at the start of our trip and. Used 4 rooms. The rooms are large and have 2 beds.
At the tail end of our trip we stayed another 3 nights and this time used a 4 bed room condo. Both were good, although the kitchen in the condo had broken chairs and a fine collection of cobwebs.
Definitely the budget end of hotels in Banff, but we were expecting the Ritz.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments Fingal2015. Our hotel is one of the oldest accommodations in town and I do agree that some area's are in need of renovation. We do have a large renovation project planned for some time in the future. These plans do take a large amount of organisation, but in the mean time I hope you will agree that our rates are appropriate to the product provided. It is very pleasing to hear however that you found your rooms comfortable and clean. Sorry about the cobweb and broken chair, I hope these were mentioned to staff whilst you were here so the issues could be taken care of.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

Over last 21 years stayed here 9 times with different members of my family. Prior to this 12 day stay always been delighted. No longer. Firstly a principle reason for staying here was there much advertised and exceptional " huge outdoor hot tub"this was always fantastic after a hard days sking,even in minus 25! when checking in I asked for the access door code. The receptionist told me it wasn't working and it hadn't been working since last July ! 8 months ago. I said I was deeply disappointed. Her bizarre response was" didn't you phone then when you booked to check if the hot tub was working" of course we always phone all hotels in advance to check if there well advertised major facilities are working! It wasn't the girls fault, she'd have had to field loads of disappointed past customers.another great initial disappointment was that I'd written to their central reservation after booking to get adjoining rooms for me and my son in law and 5 year old grandson( who had booked with another company. When I wrote I told them of my family's loyalty to the hotel and previous delight. In fact I introduced my daughter to her future husband ,a candian at the inns of Banff. I arrived two days before them and was told adjoining rooms weren't possible . After much rangling and downgrading my son in laws room booking we got them , but this was after several trips to reception. Further we ended up in the Swiss Village, next to the main hotel. This proved to be very noisy, plumbing,guests just waliking and talking on corridors , very poor sound insulation. Also when I arrived in my room an 8 foot piece of protective metal covering electrical components was off the wall. I informed reception and it was related by maintence.
Couple of pluses. It's cheap. It's convene T for tri area bus pass for ski ing . Staff in breakfast restaurant very nice, $ 5 voucher each day you don't use house keeping, that's good ecology. Some of the reception staff were good, some were uninterested at best.
Very sad about the deterioration of a place we've loved over the years

Room Tip: Avoid Swiss village
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank john k

I must agree john k that our outdoor hot pool was an outstanding amenity at the hotel and enjoyed by many. It was not an easy decision to close this area, but the safety of our guests is our top priority. A new modernized pool area forms part of a larger renovation project planned for the future. I am sorry as a return guest you were disappointed by the closure, but hope you can understand the reasons for this. I am also sorry that it did not appear a simple task to have adjacent rooms for you and your family. We do try to accommodate such requests, but it can be difficult when the hotel is at or near maximum occupancy. This is made even more complicated when different room types are booked.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I got here after traveling for two days and staying at a horrible hotel the night before. I wasn't sure what to expect as the reviews are pretty mixed. The guy in the reception is very nice and told me he had given me an upgrade. So I get to my room after getting lost a few times (yes this place is like a maze!) and got a nice surprise. The room is huge with two queen beds, a table with chairs, a desk, tv, coffee maker, mini fridge etc. Bathroom is really clean with towels and free shower gel, shampoo and lotion. Huge balcony overlooking The Rockies! They have room service and washing facilities. I only paid 79 cad / night which I think is super cheap for a place like this. There is only one thing Im not happy about and that is the temperature of the room - ITS SO HOT! And trust me Im a person that's always cold usually but I woke up at night covered in sweat... Other than that its a lovely place! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

I am delighted you loved your stay with us Gabriellaskanshed. It is great to hear you found the room to be comfortable, large and really clean. We pride ourselves in offering great accommodation at a reasonable price and I am glad you found this the case during your stay here. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

We received a wonderful deal on our room. However you could hear everything all night long. The room itself was clean but I wouldn't stay here again as it was so loud and sounded as though he people were right in our room with us.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashley L

I am sorry that you were disturbed by noisy neighbors Ashley L during your recent stay with us. It is good to hear though that you found a great deal on the price of your room and found the room clean. Thank you for your comments.