“Made our trip to Banff memorable! ”
Review of Inns Of Banff

Inns Of Banff
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We loved staying here! It was only for one night unfortunately. The customer service was excellent and everyone was extremely nice. Thank you inns of Banff we will definitely be back and recommend you to others!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us Meaghan C and chose to share your experiences with others. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Banff.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Nice quiet hotel, James at the front desk was great with everything, the rooms need some work, our balcony door would not lock, It was hard to figure out how to get to your room (big maze) but after you ask a couple of staff, it was easier. overall a nice older hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us Charles C. I do hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding celebration whilst in town. I am glad that you found us a nice older hotel and would agree part of our charm is navigating our buildings. It can be difficult for those staying with us for the first time. I am pleased staff were able to provide assistance though. I will ensure James at the front desk is aware of your appreciation for all of his help during your visit. He is great customer service ambassador and I am thankful of his efforts in this area.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We have stayed a few times at other Inn's of Banff hotels, however this was our worst experience. When we walked in the room there was only one ceiling lamp (horrible lightening otherwise), the lamps all had weird sticky purple stuff on them, super gross. As well the beds were not cleaned probably. Sat on one of the beds and it was wet with a brown big spot on it. Looked like someone has spilled coffee, which means either they didn't clean the sheets before we got there or spilled when cleaning up. Lastly, the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Toilet was super dirty as well as the shower. Not a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us amandaradvak. We are an older property, but do take great pride in upholding our cleaning standards. I hope that you reported your issues to hotel staff whilst you were here so that your issues could be attended to. I would also be delighted if you could contact me directly to discuss your comments so that I can ensure the issue has been dealt with effectively. Please call the hotel switchboard on 403-762-4581 and ask to be transferred to the general manager.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Just spent 5 nights at the Inns of Banff. Very clean place to stay. Bus to downtown right across the street. Staff at the front desk amazing. Skiing at Louise and Sunshine amazing great snow and great hills for all levels. If your looking for a good deal and a clean place to stay, with staff that care, Inns of Banff won't disappoint.
If your looking for Luxury spend the money downtown. This hotel works and is a great property.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your very kind words markpP1044LS. I am delighted that you found the hotel very clean and front desk staff amazing. It is also great that you took advantage of the complimentary tickets to the town transit offered by the hotel and enjoyed your skiing in the Canadian Rockies. Thank you once again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We stayed for two nights. The whole building was like a maze. Agreed. We did take a little effort to get to our room. Afterward, it's not hard to find the room at all. There was a little balcony with a beautiful mountain view, definitely a plus. The breakfast was very good. The services at the restaurant was good too. The room was clean. It's hot summer days, the summer at Banff was not that hot though, virtually there was no air conditioning even it was claimed. When checking out, we were told that there was an outstanding charge which was a little surprise to me. It's proved false and we were good to go.

Stayed: July 2016
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay MarcLiu1950. I am delighted to hear you found your room to be clean and enjoyed the spectacular mountain views from your deck. It is also great to hear you found the service and food at our restaurant to be good too. You are perfectly correct in your observations that the hotel does not provide A/C in it's guest rooms. I am glad you were not adversely affected by this.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We have stayed a few times here over the years. The hotel is basic North American. I couldn't swear to it, but the decor looks the same to me as it did 20 years ago, but now it's getting a bit tired. Saying that, the beds are comfortable, the linen is clean and the staff are friendly. We stayed 1 night at the start of our trip and. Used 4 rooms. The rooms are large and have 2 beds.
At the tail end of our trip we stayed another 3 nights and this time used a 4 bed room condo. Both were good, although the kitchen in the condo had broken chairs and a fine collection of cobwebs.
Definitely the budget end of hotels in Banff, but we were expecting the Ritz.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments Fingal2015. Our hotel is one of the oldest accommodations in town and I do agree that some area's are in need of renovation. We do have a large renovation project planned for some time in the future. These plans do take a large amount of organisation, but in the mean time I hope you will agree that our rates are appropriate to the product provided. It is very pleasing to hear however that you found your rooms comfortable and clean. Sorry about the cobweb and broken chair, I hope these were mentioned to staff whilst you were here so the issues could be taken care of.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Over last 21 years stayed here 9 times with different members of my family. Prior to this 12 day stay always been delighted. No longer. Firstly a principle reason for staying here was there much advertised and exceptional " huge outdoor hot tub"this was always fantastic after a hard days sking,even in minus 25! when checking in I asked for the access door code. The receptionist told me it wasn't working and it hadn't been working since last July ! 8 months ago. I said I was deeply disappointed. Her bizarre response was" didn't you phone then when you booked to check if the hot tub was working" of course we always phone all hotels in advance to check if there well advertised major facilities are working! It wasn't the girls fault, she'd have had to field loads of disappointed past customers.another great initial disappointment was that I'd written to their central reservation after booking to get adjoining rooms for me and my son in law and 5 year old grandson( who had booked with another company. When I wrote I told them of my family's loyalty to the hotel and previous delight. In fact I introduced my daughter to her future husband ,a candian at the inns of Banff. I arrived two days before them and was told adjoining rooms weren't possible . After much rangling and downgrading my son in laws room booking we got them , but this was after several trips to reception. Further we ended up in the Swiss Village, next to the main hotel. This proved to be very noisy, plumbing,guests just waliking and talking on corridors , very poor sound insulation. Also when I arrived in my room an 8 foot piece of protective metal covering electrical components was off the wall. I informed reception and it was related by maintence.
Couple of pluses. It's cheap. It's convene T for tri area bus pass for ski ing . Staff in breakfast restaurant very nice, $ 5 voucher each day you don't use house keeping, that's good ecology. Some of the reception staff were good, some were uninterested at best.
Very sad about the deterioration of a place we've loved over the years

Room Tip: Avoid Swiss village
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank john k

I must agree john k that our outdoor hot pool was an outstanding amenity at the hotel and enjoyed by many. It was not an easy decision to close this area, but the safety of our guests is our top priority. A new modernized pool area forms part of a larger renovation project planned for the future. I am sorry as a return guest you were disappointed by the closure, but hope you can understand the reasons for this. I am also sorry that it did not appear a simple task to have adjacent rooms for you and your family. We do try to accommodate such requests, but it can be difficult when the hotel is at or near maximum occupancy. This is made even more complicated when different room types are booked.