1,351 results
All reviewsoutdoor hot tubbus passfree bussuperior roommain partbanff avenuethe main streetcoffee makertown centremountainsskiingpassesroamrockiessnowkeg
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

we have stayed at quite a few other properties in Banff and decided to try this one for a night while my wife and I were in the area for the weekend. Overall, dissapointing. The room we had was nice and spacious with an amazing view of the mountains, that was nice. However the walls are very thin and we could hear everything in the room next to us all night. As well when people passed by in the hall talking it sounded like they were right in the room. We got little sleep. A few other points to note - they use flat bottom sheets not fitted which come untucked repeatedly all night so in the end you are sleeping on the bare mattress, and (for example) they only provide one pack of coffee so if you have a cup in the evening, there is none for the morning. We won’t stay here again as there are so many better choices in Banff. I gave it 3 stars only because of the large room, huge balcony and amazing views. Otherwise it’s noisy and dated.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The customer service is amazing, the staff are very pleasant and accommodating. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was good. The Mountain View was gorgeous to wake up to.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2017

I can't believe the criticism from some folks!

I would think that people come to Banff not for the hotel and its amenities, but for the wonderful views and outdoor activities! If all you care about is the pool, then maybe visit a local YMCA.

Inns of Banff has been my to go to place in Banff for the past 15 years. The staff is wonderful and the rooms have been tastefully upgraded in the past few years. The hotel is close to the ski hills and even provides their guests with free transit passes for the city bus to get you to all the shops and restaurants downtown. I much prefer that option that circling around in my car trying to find a spot every time. I simply cannot wait to see what the future holds for this wonderful hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

This has been my favorite hotel, because it had wonderful prices for very below average rooms. The thing that got me to stay here everytime in banff was the wonderful rooftop pool, with an amazing view of the mountains. I recently stayed there and they have closed this amenity! That is the most rediculous thing ever, in my mind it's what made the hotel iconic in banff. However, now it's just a very low end hotel that's far away from inner Banff. I used to recommend everyone I talk to about banff to stay there for that specific amenity. Go somewhere, where a hotel actually provides you something other than a below average room, it's worth the price increase!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajnish G
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

I am sorry that you were not aware of our outdoor pool closure Rajnish G. The facility has been closed for some considerable time and we have removed all reference to it from online outlets and hotel publications. I have also communicated the closure of the facility on previous tripadvisor reviews. The pool was as you mentioned a great facility and the closure was due to structural integrity. The safety of our guests is extremely important to us. A new, modern outdoor pool facility forms only part of a large renovation project planned for the very near future. I hope you will have the opportunity to try out our exciting new feature when the construction project is complete.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I booked online and paid about $200 for a two night stay.
The front desk staff were very kind and friendly. We stayed over at the Swiss Village. The rooms were clean and tidy, and I felt that the price reflected the value of the rooms. We stayed on a Saturday and we ended up going back to the hotel quite late, about midnight. We had difficulty finding parking probably because they had so many guests for the long weekend.

The Bear's Den restaurant & Pub located at the lower level of the lobby had such great character. We ate on a Saturday night and there was a fantastic acoustic guitarist playing great music. The food was decent but I found it to be expensive.

The only thing I did not like about this place was that it was about a 15-20 minute walk to downtown Banff. Although, they did offer complimentary bus passes, I highly value the proximity to downtown Banff so I would probably not stay here again for that reason only.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple