Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$343
US$317
Hotels.com
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$443
US$403
Hotels.com
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$281
US$252
  • Restaurant
US$228
US$222
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$309/night.

Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$588
US$379
US$529
US$500
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$265
  • Breakfast included
US$280
US$272
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$330/night.

US$456
Orbitz.com
1,309 results
All reviewsbears den puboutdoor hot tubbus passsuperior roomfree busmain partbanff avenuethe main streetmountainsskiingpassesroamskiersrockiessnowkeg
Reviewed January 7, 2018

Affordable accommodations are hard to come by in Banff, and even in Canmore, during ski season. The Inns of Banff may be a bit older and in need of some updating but it is a steal of deal at $89/ night when compared to other much more expensive hotels in the the area.
What we liked about the hotel:
- The location is central
- Room 469 was quite large. There were two queen beds, a table with two chairs, a TV on a dresser, a desk & chair, and a fridge. There was plenty of room to move around the room as well.
-The beds and bedding were super comfortable
-The room had a massive balcony overlooking the mountainside. This room faces away from the road and away from other rooms. Some rooms in the hotel face inwards towards other balconies & have much smaller balconies.
- It was quiet and we slept very well
-There is a pool and hot tub, which were suitable for the kids. It wasn't the nicest pool and the area is very much in need of some renovations but it did the trick.
- The hotel room key can be used as a transit pass for the city bus
- There are restaurants and a small store on site

Areas for improvement:
- The pool area is old and a little dirty looking. Access for the pool through the lobby makes it somewhat awkward to walk to in a bathing suit.
- Room service isn't really room service. When we tried calling to order they didn't answer the phone. When we went down to the restaurant to get take out the bartender told us that "they often ignore the phone and if they do answer they will likely still tell people to just come down and pick up the food"

Room Tip: Request room 469 or others facing the moutain
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Thank you for detailed review kmomma. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the amenities at the hotel and the complimentary access to the town bus service. I am sorry though regarding the information staff gave you in regards to our room service. My expectations are that room service calls are always taken and unless there are extenuating circumstances always delivered to guest rooms. I will most certainly follow up with my Food and Beverage department heads.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

I almost don't want to write this review ... because it will make it harder to book in the future. But, it is a very good and affordable place to stay in Banff, so I would recommend the Inns of Banff as a place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words David J. I am happy to hear you find our hotel good and affordable. We will always try to ensure our product remains great value for money.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

We were a group of 6 adults staying in a 3 bedroom apartment for 10 days.
It was small with very outdated facilities. The third bedroom was tiny with no wardrobe or chest of drawers. We requested maintenance on a several items which were fixed quickly. The reception staff did not seem that knowledgeable about local sightseeing events, but if requested did ring and check things for us.
On a good note, if skiing it is the first bus pickup so always guaranteed a seat out to the ski fields.
The Den bar was a good place for a drink and cheap eats.

Room Tip: It was a bit of a maze to find your room through the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us Louise N. Our hotel is one of the older properties in town and I would agree some of the facilities are a little outdated. We do endeavor to ensure that our rates reflect this and some great deals are available both online and directly with us. We do have a very exciting renovation planned for the near future and I do hope you have the opportunity to visit us again once this is completed.
Thank you for advising future guests of the ski shuttle, our location is indeed perfect for both pick up and drop off. It is also great to hear that you found the food in the Bears Den good and affordable.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

We booked hotel for 3 standard rooms for a night, at the time of check-in we were informed that we have only two rooms booked out of which one is standard and other superior room. I got confused as I was sure there were three rooms booked. But person at the desk also informed that our standard room is upgraded to superior. It was a busy christmas evening so I've not argued further and I was happy with rooms as we had for queen beds which were able to accomodate us all. I've checked on-line later in evening how many rooms I booked and turns out there were three. I took up this matter with front desk and they check with third party. Turns out I was correct and they had some how wrong data. He apologize for inconvenience and charged me only for standard 2 rooms. I was happy with their service and response.

Apart from all above, really enjoyed my stay. It was awesome.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us Dev C. I am sorry that there was some confusion with regards to your reservation, but I am happy that hotel staff found a convenient solution. On occasion things do not go to plan and it is great that we were able to fix things appropriately for you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

It is an old inn. We stayed at this building called the swiss village. The room was simple but alright. They give you free passes to take the Roam. It is a bit far from banff avenue but you could call a cab or take the bus. The service wasnt very good, we had to call the front desk twice for towels, and then twice again for clogged bathroom. Also the water did not smell good when you first open the shower or the tap. Overall, I’d say it is what we paid for after all.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review andrea n. Our hotel is one of the oldest properties in town and some of the fixtures and fittings in our standard rooms are a little retro. Saying that our housekeeping department ensure all hotel rooms are clean and comfortable and some great rates are available.
We are planning an extensive renovation for the very near future which will update the hotel amenities and appearance. I hope you have the chance to visit us again once our work is complete.