1,386 results
All reviews bus pass superior room free bus walk into town banff avenue the main street mountains skiing passes roam slopes rockies snow
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the positive. The few staff we met were really friendly and there was a dog bed, toy and treats waiting for my service dog(though I wish there was a warning about the treats as they were right in front of the door as we entered and we have allergies). Aside from that, I would definitely choose a different place to stay. In all honesty, had we not been there with a large group, I would have left myself, but instead we worked through it. The hotel is like a maze. It was so bad that I wouldn’t dare go by myself to get to the lobby or pool for fear of getting lost. It was also like a sauna...the entire place. We were there when the weather was cooler and I would not want to know what it is like during the warmer months. We had to open the patio doors and set a fan up in front of them to feel any difference in the temperature at all. The room was dirty with a lot of dust, old candy wrappers, razor guards etc. found all over. It was obvious that when the cleaning staff cleaned, they Essentially made the beds, switched dirty towels and that was it. They clearly didn’t vacuum, wipe or dust anything. It was pretty gross. The other thing was that they didn’t replenish used disposable cups for the room. On top of everything else, this is a pet friendly hotel and even though I have a service dog and should not be held to the same standards as a pet, they put me in the same area as the other pets which meant my dog alerting me constantly because there was a yappy dog next door and walls were super thin. We attempted the pool but there was so much chlorine that our skin was burning after only a couple minutes so we left. Their rooftop pool wasn’t operating at all. The rest of the hotel was also covered in water stained ceilings and one of the other guests we were traveling with was awoken at 2 in the morning to water leaking from the ceiling onto her face.
Needless to say, I will not be visiting the inns of banff again in the future.

1  Thank Bricy B
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us Bricy B. Thank you for your observations and I will most certainly follow up with my housekeeping and maintenance teams with regards to the room you stayed in.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

The Inns of Banff is a good hotel to stay at if you just need a place to lay down your head and sleep. It’s a bit tired and could stand a facelift, but it’s serviceable and gets the job done. The bathroom was clean, the towels white and the linens fresh though the floor could have stood a good vacuum.

The pool was small and very noisy and unfortunately, the large outdoor hot tub was under repair, because that was really lovely last time we stayed here.

We were there as part of a large group so had buffet meals at breakfast and supper which were very good. The staff are all very lovely and helpful and the indoor parking was a real bonus-no windshield scraping or getting into a cold car!

Overall, it was certainly “good enough” and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again-the sushi restaurant onsite (Mimi) was amazing the last time-we didn’t have a chance to eat there this time round.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Right from the reservation till check out everything was quick. Rooms were spacious and clean for our basic needs. We were mostly out exploring ans wide return only to sleep. Would definitely book again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for your kind review Connector625928. We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

On a tour. Rooms not available by 4. pm. two lifts not working. Rooms ok, but, no amenities. It was snowing when we visited, NO shops open nearby. This hotel prefers to have the tours from China. a sad call. We felt like second class citizens. three tables in restaurant given whit table cloths for tables. we second class were only given tables with out cloths. We arrived before the three table of Chinese. they had their three course meal delivered before we obtained one plate. On the day we left needing to be on the bus at 8am we were told no room to have breakfast. booked by the Chinese. Not being racist but this business needs to rethink their priorities. on the outskirts of Banff, no eatery withint 20 minute walk. Oh, Everything closes at 10, so no access to lunch nothing working until 5pm. run don't walk away from this business. They don't deserve to have us attend their inn if they are not willing to serve us equally

Room tip: until they upgrade dont go there. couldnt have a shower!!!! two days not good
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hotel staff always treat all guests equally. We attract guests from many different countries and backgrounds and offer the same service to all. Some tours include breakfast and dinner for their guests and therefore make reservations in the restaurant. I guess your tour did not include a meal plan.
I am very sorry that our elevator was out of service during your visit. We did have this issue rectified as quickly as was possible.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

This older hotel needs some serious upgrades. There are lock on outside doors that do not work.

We requested room service although the young lady did not vacumm, clean up dirty cups or leave clean ones.

Went for breakfast at 10 one morning to find restraunt already closed down.

And top it all off the sauna we were forward to no longer works

Trip type: Travelled with friends
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thank you for your observations brendaw12822018. I would agree that the hotel is in need of upgrades and we do have an extensive renovation planned for the near future. In the mean time our aim is to continue providing clean and comfortable accommodation at a great rate.