1,379 results
All reviews bus pass superior room free bus banff avenue walk into town the main street mountains skiing passes roam rockies snow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Understanding that this is a budget hotel, their practice of advertising a “Huge Outdoor hot pool” when no such amenity is available is disappointing. Room cleaning came around daily at 10am, and on one day left our patio door open all day. When we arrived back at 530 all of our belongings were freezing and left unsecured. We were lucky not to have lost anything with the door wide open all day. When the issues were raised with front desk staff we were told “obviously we’re sorry” in a tone best described as indifferent.

Running a budget hotel usually hinges on quality customer experience to uplift budget-minded amenities. It’s a shame this isn’t a core concept at the inns of banff.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Inns of Banff no longer operates an outdoor pool and we have removed it from our facilities on all sales outlets. We have also advertised that this facility is no longer operational through as many social media sites as possible.
I am very sorry if a housekeeper left open your patio door during your daily service; I will of course follow up with my management team.

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

The inns of Banff is a study in diversity. When I stayed there the elevator was broken, the outdoor pool was broken, and the room was like a journey back to the 1990s. The pub had 5.00 beers, the view from my massive balcony entertained me for hours, the staff was warm and friendly, and my partner and I had a wonderful breakfast for 20.00. The bed was comfortable and the room spacious.
The shuttle for the ski hills picks you up and drops you off right in the parking lot. Downtown is 10 min walk so you don’t need to drive all weekend if you would like.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2018

3 stars rating is generous of me, as the staff were friendly and we have a nice view, considering the price versus other hotels in Banff, and my kids had fun in their warm pool at 8 in the morning, and we reserved 2 rooms, both of them are huge sizes, ours have 2 queens and a bunk bed in a separate room. BUT, entering the facility smells like an old cigarette smoke. I do not want to use their towels, as it looks so dirty, greyish white colour, the bed sheets have a yellowish tinge, and the bathtub is rusty. Carpets are old and looks like it needs a very, very deep clean..no, replacement. Very old hotel that needs upgrading. We are all looking forward to eat at their Japanese Restaurant too after the Santa Parade, but it was closed for renovation, they said. It is NOT noted in their website that it is closed. The heater vents create some creepy noise; and not their fault -- drunk people at 2 AM is really upsetting. I am not really sure if I am going back... It is cheap and I got what I paid for, I guess.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us QueenWanklin. I would agree the hotel is a little tired in some area's. We do have a very exciting renovation planned for the near future, but until then we will continue to offer clean and comfortable rooms at great prices. The Japanese restaurant in the hotel is owned and operated by an independent business so I am unable to make comment on their opening hours.

Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

Ideal location and we ended up with a 3 bedroom lodge even though there were 2 of us! Bit of a walk up a steep hill for some of the lodges but not really a problem. You can walk into town or get a free bus up the main road with your hotel key. Quite a noisy hotel/motel so I didn’t sleep amazingly but other than that is was fine. There was free WiFi but we didn’t get it at all in our lodge.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankie_199322
Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

Love this place . We stayed here for the Santa Claus parade so it was very Christmasy !! & it’s only a ten minute walk to the town Center too..rooms & swimming pool/ hot tub are great !.restaurants conveniently located down stairs.. best value in my opinion.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Inns Of Banff, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review miriambrowne. I hope you had a great weekend and enjoyed the Santa Parade.