“best service”

Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“best service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Exceptional service, great food, some views outstanding. Easily accessible to local town (Banff) by foot or free shuttle bus.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Aidan111
Cara U, Front Office Manager at Rimrock Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thank you for taking an opportunity to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the food at the hotel. We take pride in the food we serve in each of our outlets. From the amazing taste in our AAA/CAA designated 5 Diamond restaurant, Eden - to the International Cuisine offered in our dining room, Primrose - and the offerings available in our lobby lounge, Larkspur, we truly strive to deliver the best culinary experience in the Bow Valley. I am excited to pass on your comments in regards to our staff as each and every one of the employees at The Rimrock has a passion for creating WOW experiences for our guests, and we are always pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance in any future bookings. We look forward to your next visit.

cara.ullyot@rimrockresort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (893)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I would suggest maybe trying fairmont. For the price I was dissapointed. Check in was told to us "guaranteed at 4pm". We were not in our room till 5pm. Went for a swim. & asked for one more towel cause the baby dropped half of it in the pool & they could not give me another, "only one per customer." The food was average for an exspensive price. Was dissapointed. Had better accomodations & better quality food in Canmore for a more reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Alexandria171
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent stay. It is truly through the feedback of our guests that we are able to learn how we can be a better business.
I appreciate your comments, and feedback, and would like to sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on being an active competitor in the Banff area, and continue to make strides to ensure we are moving ahead with plans that have our guests interest top of mind.

I would be happy to speak with you directly in regards to your stay, should you wish to discuss any details further.

Thank you once again for posting your experience.

Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was my third visit to Banff and by far the best one yet!!
In 1994 my husband and I were sitting in the Hot Springs admiring the view. As you stood up and looked down, here was the most gorgeous resort I had ever seen. I said to him can you imagine staying there??
Who would have thought 18 years later I would have the opportunity to stay at Rimrock!!

It was absolutely gorgeous.

Has anyone ever stopped dead in their tracks to acknowledge you?
Well the Staff at the Rimrock do just that. It's unreal.
They truly treat the guests ike Royalty. If you need anything they are right there with it.

The decor was absolutely gorgeous. And the views of the Rockies Oh My!!

Accomodations were awesome. So clean and oh the view!!

Guests receive complimentary bus service to downtown Banff!!

The spa is to die for as well!!

The food was amazing as was the pool and hottub.

Thank you so much to the Rimrock Resort Staff for making my trip an unforgettable one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HalifaxLuv2Travel
Thank you for taking an opportunity to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you were able to experience the Spa, and Health Club. From a relaxing massage, or a manicure and a pedicure, to squash in the court and a soak in the hot tub, the Spa and Health Club provide great options for our guests. I could not agree more on the views as well; the breathtaking serenity of a snow capped mountain or a warm sunset on a summers night can make you want to sit with a glass of wine and bask in the beauty that Rocky Mountains have to offer. I am excited to pass on your comments in regards to our staff as each and every one of the employees at The Rimrock has a passion for creating WOW experiences for our guests, and we are always pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

My Wife, two grown up daughters (20 & 18) and I recently spent two weeks at the Rimrock Hotel to celebrate my 50th Birthday, arriving on March 20th, whilst skiing in Lake Louise, Sunshine Village and Mt Norquay. The Hotel was way beyond my greatest expectations. We thought that, as it was a trip of a lifetime from England, we would "push the boat out" and book into a mountainside hotel, as opposed to one in the town of Banff, we could not have chosen better. The staff were so friendly and helpful, smiling happy people who always enquired if they could be of service. Every morning there was a complimentary car down to meet the skibus in the village and then back in the evening. The Rimrock has three levels of Eating establishments, to suit every pocket, with the highest level being Eden, the only 5 Diamond Restaurant in Western Canada!The views of The Rockies were ever present and totally breathtaking. I could not recommend this Hotel highly enough, it was simply the best Hotel I have ever stayed in!! FIVE STAR Steve Caton Botley, Hants, England.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve C
Thank you for taking an opportunity to share your experience on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to pass on your comments in regards to our staff as each and every one of the employees at The Rimrock has a passion for creating WOW experiences for our guests, and we are always pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We strive to create an atmosphere that makes you feel as though you are in your home away from home, and I am glad that were able to provide that feeling to you and your family.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The Rimrock is a lovely hotel. The staff are very polite, the rooms nicely presented, and the beds very comfortable. The most note-worthy thing about this hotel must be the views- the rooms are organized such that all get an amazing view over the mountains. The rooms on the top floors have particularly amazing views (with windows on both aspects of the room). Its just lovely to sit with a glass of wine looking out over the mountains.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moose020
Thank you for taking an opportunity to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I truly agree with you in regards to the views that we are able to offer at The Rimrock. Waking up to see a Mountain sunrise or watching a sunset with a glass of wine can be rejuvenating and relaxing. I was honored to pass on your comments in regards to our staff as well. Each and every one of the employees at The Rimrock has a passion for creating WOW experiences for our guests, and we are always pleased to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed for our 25th wedding aniversary, we were upgraded to a grandview room. The room was amazing, big bright and clean. The first morning we laid in bed and from our windows you could watch the sunrise and watch it light up the mountains. We could see all of Banff and mountains and mountains and mountains.The service and the food was wonderful, all the staff are friendly and helpful from the front desk to the cleaning staff to the staff who answered all our questoins around a walk we wanted to take. This was our second visit and we can't wait to return.
C & S from Calgary, Alberta

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Grandview room, well worth it. Large, amazing views and quiet.