“Great room, for a decent price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tunnel Mountain Resort

Tunnel Mountain Resort
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Banff
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great room, for a decent price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2016

Me and my boyfriend love getting away for the weekend in Banff, however we don't have a large amount of money to spend. We love Tunnel Mountain as the room is spacious (with a huge King bed!) and for a good price. The hotel is out of the way of downtown, yet close enough to walk to all the nearest shops. Bus stops are narby and easy to navigate. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2016, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 7 June 2016
Mairi O

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort; I thank you for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2016

Hotel ok, Room nice and spacious . Parking very tight. Hotel property is very tight. Little Room for a vehicle . Don't bring anything large there. Too tight on the property. Room was comfortable with large bathroom. I would stay again I think but prices could come down.

Room Tip: Room gets very hot at night and need for constant cooling. Balcony door open but lots of traffic on...
  • Stayed May 2016, travelled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2016
Don G

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

The property can be tight when the occupancy is high and I am sorry the issue with parking made such an impact on your stay. We do have an underground parking lot to alleviate the pressure of parking which the front desk can direct you to.

I am very happy the rest of your stay was comfortable and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Red Deer, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2016

We really enjoyed our stay. Was really nice and the staff was super friendly! We did request wood & a fire on our first night but no one came to our room though, which didn't overly concern me. Waking up to the wilderness just outside the door was refreshing and The kids really loved taking the bus downtown.

Stayed May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2016
Laceylavonne

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and that all the staff you encountered were friendly.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing time. The resort is about 1km from downtown which was perfect for me as I didn't mind the walking and the resort has more of a cottage feel because it wasn't right in the middle of town.
The room was great. I had a awesome steam shower and spa tub, a fire place and a balcony along with a super comfortable king size bed. I had really no issues. A lightbulb was burnt out but I really didn't care enough to ask for a new one because there was so many other lighting choices.
All in all, it is place I plan on returning to as soon as possible.

Stayed May 2016, travelled solo
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2016
Heather P

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort.

Thank you again for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
greater london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Decided to stay in Banff an extra night, but previous hotel couldn't accommodate us. Found this on booking.com and really fancied having a suite for 3 adults.
Unfortunately I was disappointed. The resort apartments and environment looked really good on arrival, but unfortunately our suite/ apartment 260 was tired, not clean and in need of new furniture and floor lamp which was wobbly.
The sofa was shabby and really worn. The sheeting on the large queen bed was too small and didn't cover the mattress, the duvet cover was unpressed ( See photo). The wall in ensuite was splattered with other guests toothpaste and the pine cladding needed a good dust all the way across.
The following morning while having a shower the water stopped. Fortunately we had a kettle full as it didn't return. Reception didn't notify us and the water was completely off so we had to check out unprepared for our long journey.
Certain rooms definitely in need of an upgrade.
I emailed about some lost earrings and they were the only place not to reply.

Stayed May 2016, travelled with family
1 Thank drakey00
drakey00

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort. Our goal is to always insure every stay is as relaxing and care free as possible and I am truly sorry we missed the mark on your visit. I have passed your comments onto both our housekeeping and maintenance manager and we are working diligently to resolve the issues you had. During your stay the Town of Banff did shut the water off to the hotel and unfortunately this was out of our control however I am sorry you were missed as we did inform all of our guests of the outage.

I do thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the Tunnel Mountain Resort again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Being a little (lot) bit of a cheapskate, I found it difficult to find an affordable place to stay in Banff with room for 7 of us. Considering how many people the condo/loft could accommodate (1 queen, 2 doubles and a pull-put), it was a great deal!
I was somewhat concerned with the mixed reviews, but was thrilled with the facility and little touches. As well as the pool (which we had all to ourselves the two times we went), there was a hot tub, steam room AND dry sauna. Towels were abundant and the room included dishwasher tabs, makeup wipes, and other cute touches. There was plenty of dishes and cutlery and even free firewood for your fireplace (I've never seen that offered anywhere else in any of my travels)!
The lady at the front desk Melissa was a joy to talk to as well as extremely efficient in getting you in and out. The Front desk also had a small shelf of books and board games. Lastly, the room included a great book of coupons for Banff stores and restaurants.
Even if you take a look at Air BnB like I did, you won't get this kind of value for a group. I would love to come back and stay in one of the loft units again.

Stayed June 2016, travelled with family
Rebecca F

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and Melissa was provided you with exceptional service. It seems you made full use of all our amenities and am glad it was able to enhance and make your stay even better.

Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2016

The rooms were really nice. Australian girls at front desk were super helpful. The hotel was close to town and close to many hiking trails and the pool. Pool at hotel was good! Hot tub was huge and steam shower and sauna was amazing. We would come back to this location if it wasn't 300 for the room.

Room Tip: Just to expensive otherwise really good
Stayed May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sierrachantal

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of all of our amenities. We do keep our rates comparable with all the hotels in town but depending on room type and number of people staying the prices can fluctuate.