“Quaint mountain escape, lots of amenities” 4 of 5 bubbles

Tunnel Mountain Resort
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Banff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Quaint mountain escape, lots of amenities”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2016

I only spent a single night at Tunnel Mountain but was impressed by what I saw! My room was older, it had a bit of a winter cabin feel, but a few little touches made it extra cozy: a gas fireplace and a steam sauna in the shower. It's a little ways from where all the action is, but if you want a quiet night's sleep and to get away from the touristy bustle of Banff, then this is the place for you. I visited during the shoulder season, so nightly rates were probably a little less than usual, but the value can't be beat.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor.
Green Features: This hotel seemed very eco-friendly! There was a small recycling bin in the room and signs to encourage water/linen conservation in the bathroom.
  • Stayed October 2016, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2016
Cee_Bee_Van

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of our amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Louisville, Ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2016

Tunnel mountain was in a woodsy area, but there was a bus stop that took us downtown. The condo was nice with wood for the fireplace available. The condo was well stocked and well laid out. loiqjeorlknedkjfvhiehrkjsorithfnw,sjdhfowkednfkjhioeofljkns,djhfoijn

Room Tip: The fireplace didn't draw very well.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 5 October 2016
1Garland

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of some of our complementary amenities.

Thank you again for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2016

I stayed here with my family recently. After I booked the rooms about a month earlier I contacted them to accommodate my mother who is disabled. I made several phone calls and was assured that they will accommodate her disability. On arrival to the "resort" we were placed at the most distant inaccessible location. and when I highlighted that I requested accommodation for such disability, the answer was that is what we have at the moment. I should have not wasted my time calling them before. The rooms were just ok.. They were not that clean to begin with, I could see the spider netting at the living room. If I knew this would be the condition I would have stayed at a different property.

• Stayed September 2016, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 29 September 2016
Ameer34

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am sorry for the issues you had with your stay at the Tunnel Mountain Resort. In regards to the cleanliness I have spoken with my housekeeping manager about the issues you had and I can let you know that the issues have been resolved.

I do apologise for the issues with your reservation, you did book through a third party into a different room type with 1 bed but we managed to move to a room with a queen bed and pullout sofa bed. Unfortunately we were sold out that night so the only rooms available were at the end of our property. In the future should you choose to return I would highly suggest you book through the hotel directly as any ‘deal’ you get online the hotel will always match or be able to offer something better, that way you can deal directly with the hotel and avoid future issues.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kitchener, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2016

Enjoyed my stay ...view is lovely. Staff are friendly and helpful. Has a mountain style lodge atmosphere though rooms could use updating for executive King suites. Keeping in mind that we don't need our sheets changed every day, or our towels changed every day, we did pay for an executive suite, so every other day would have been appreciated.

Stayed September 2016, travelled on business

kelly_lowery

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort; we do regularity change sheets every third day of stays however you can request at any time to have service and our housekeeping team will be happy to oblige.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Was anxious to book given the pictures HOWEVER I am so glad I did. I hope we will come back at the end of the week too!!

We are in a king room without catering facilities however we have a microwave and a fridge! The bedroom is huge and has a sofa in for eating at along with a fireplace and an aircon unit. I must admit I can't see how we use the fireplace but I'm sure there is a function somewhere!!! We also have a balcony overlooking the main road but it is very quiet at night.

The bathroom has a jacuzzi bath as well as a steam shower room. This is to die for.
The resort offers coffee on a morning but no breakfast. It's 20 min walk jnto Banff (for walkers it's fine... for those who struggle it's steep downhill on way to town so think about bus back uphill!). There is a frequent bus from right outside the hotel and this runs often.

Everything has been thought out including a night light that's always on in the bathroom so you can find your way in the dark without blinding yourself!!

I have honestly loved this hotel and I'm a self confessed hotel snob. Yes the decor is not modern but as I'm finding in Canada that's normal... and I think they are going for the cabin look theme without having the cabin!!!

Great place. Would absolutely stay again.

Stayed September 2016, travelled as a couple
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 26 September 2016
hungry12389

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of some of our amenities. Our goal is to always insure a memorable and relaxing stay and I am so glad we were able to achieve this during your visit with us.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2016

The people were pleasant and helpful. The views were amazing. The room was comfortable. The price though high was normal for the area. We would consider staying in one of the chalets again. The pool was clean the whirlpool was good the steam room was suprising. All told it was a good stay

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this review, 21 September 2016
jugrant62

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of our facilities.

Thank you again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

The reception staff and reservationist (Nichola) were so helpful when our travel agents booking meant that we had 8 people in a small cottage including 2 people in the lounge room. They went out of their way to make sure we had suitable accommodation and even showed us rooms options when we arrived.

The rooms themselves were a bit tired and the smell of the open fire was still in our clothes after we left. The bed in the loft was far more comfortable than the bed in the main bedroom downstairs - don't give up the loft to the kids!

The property is a bit out of town, but it was a nice downhill walk to the Main Street and we were given free bus passes to utilise during our stay.

Overall it was comfortable.

Vanessa D

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and the staff were able to accommodate you to match your needs. We are in the process of planning a full room renovation and I do hope to welcome you back after they are complete to enjoy more in room amenities.

Thank you again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back soon.