1,279 results
All reviews steam shower tunnel mountain an executive suite living room gas fireplace jet tub full kitchen heated floors free firewood convenience store king bed downtown banff short drive indoor pool free bus coffee maker the main street
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

The resort is in great locations and has easy access to everything what you need! Awesome views of the mountains and a very clean cozy rooms. The staff very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again !!

Stayed: February 2017
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Ewa S

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and our staff were able to accommodate all of your needs to make your stay that much more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights, nice location . Provide free passes to the town and bus stop is outside resort so it's helpful.
But kitchen amenities r very old. Provided with burnt pans and oven gloves as shared in picture.
The staff was helpful to exchange after calling 3 times.☺️
Over all need serious renovation

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Mohit K

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry for the issues you had here at the Tunnel Mountain Resort, this is certainly not the impression we like to leave our guests and I have spoken with my housekeeping manager about the condition of the amenities in your room. We have taken measures to insure this does not happen again.

I can let you know we are currently in the process of renovating all of our rooms to give them an update and add more amenities to improve the overall guest experience. I do hope to welcome you back after the renovations are completed to witness firsthand the improvements made.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Just spent 5 days at the Tunnel Mountain Resort in Banff. The location was perfect for us. Quiet, clean, no issues. There is a complimentary shuttle bus right outside the main reception area that will take you into Banff (about a 5 minute ride). We originally booked a studio but found out that a loft room was available so we upgraded and glad we did. The downstairs had loads of room, full kitchen, 2 t.v.'s and a queen bed and bathroom. Upstairs had 2 large queen beds if you needed the privacy. The only down fault was the tile floor - if you book, please take slippers or extra socks. The floor is cold. there is no carpet except in the bedrooms. There is a small pool and shower/change area. We liked the resort and if we ever went back to Banff, I would stay there.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

sunfunMaple_ON

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort. I am glad you enjoyed our complementary Roam passes as this is the most convenient way to get around town and not have to find parking in the downtown core. I am happy we were able to accommodate your upgrade to a loft suite as it seems to have enhanced your overall experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Tunnel Mountain Resort located away from main "downtown" area is set in a prefect quiet mountain setting. King Executive Rooms are very spacious, clean, with comfortable bed, fire place, steam shower, jacuzzi tub and, best of all, heated tile floors in Foyer and Bathroom. Very affordable. Great Value.
Only downside was the access to pool, exercise room and hot tubs which required exit to outside (with Temp -20C) made for an unpleasant experience. As well, when occupancy of complex is on full side, Parking is tight for larger vehicles and becomes difficult to find spaces as well as for vehicles passing each other.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in 300s which allows access directly from Parking level into Room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Ivan K

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and made use of all the in room amenities. On sold out weekends parking can defiantly be challenging however we do have an underground parking lot opposite the lobby to ease the congestion that any of our friendly front desk agents can direct you to.

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located on Tunnel Mountain Rd, away from the Banff townsite, however a 3 minute drive or 20 minute walk will get you there easily. Views are amazing no matter what direction you face. We travelled with a group and booked three basic rooms.

Rooms were functional and clean, and laid out well with the sleeping and living space separated by the kitchen / bathroom area. Doors further separated the bedroom area from the main living space, which had pull out beds. Our rooms (and I would assume all rooms) have full kitchens with basic utensils and dishes, wood burning fireplaces and decks.

Rooms show their age, as there were a few wear and tear things that could easily have been replaced, but just weren't. Overall nothing too major.

Soundproofing was so-so. And the rooms directly accessible from the outside (like ours, #169) were actually a bit noisier due to being right beside the parking lot. Additionally, there were windows into the bedrooms with blinds that did not completely block the view from the outside... People passing by could see into your room if they got close enough.

Pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room were great, however the hot tub, etc. were separate from the pool. Pool is in the main building beside the front desk, hot tub is on the lower level of another building. This made for a chilly walk back to the room during the winter! Pool towels could also be sparse or non-existent. Both places also could have been a bit cleaner in general, but were not filthy by any stretch of the imagination.

Staff were generally friendly and helpful, absolutely no issues with customer service for us.

Tips:

Try to avoid rooms with direct access to the outside (I believe this would be rooms 167 - 171 or 172. Noise and privacy were issues were irritations for us. We got a decent deal though - Maybe that was the trade off.

Bring a towel with you to the pool or hot tub in case there aren't any available.

Firewood is free and abundant.

The Douglas Fir Hotel across the road has a small convenience store and a liquor store, and kids play areas / pool area that you can access for a fee.

No continental breakfast or restaurant available on site. Make use of your kitchen by grabbing a few things from town and going DIY. It's cheaper and more comfortable, and the view is worth a million bucks.

Overall, I give it a 3.5 / 5. It has everything you need on-site or close by, would just have been nice to see a bit more maintenance and upgrades. I would definiyely stay at Tunnel Mountain again, perhaps just a different room.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ZM227

ZM227

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of all of our in room amenities. I have passed your comments onto our housekeeping manager and can let you know we have added more towels for those busy times as well as done a full clean of both our pool and hot tub area.

I do thank you again for all your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.