1,310 results
All reviews steam shower tunnel mountain executive suite living room jet tub full kitchen gas fireplace free firewood downtown banff sized bed free bus front desk staff short drive liquor store indoor pool the main street lake louise
Reviewed March 21, 2017

We usually stay at the Hidden Ridge resort but they were booked up.So we reached out to the Tunnel Mountain Resort. Although they only had a few rooms left I spoke with the General Manger Arjun and I informed him it was my "wife's" birthday and he got us into a cozy little chalet with a spectacular view. The room was clean, seemed recently updated, had a steam shower, jetted tub, fireplace etc. So we decided to stay another night. The front desk staff was very helpful in making this happen. Although we did not use the "turn down" service the second night we thought it was a nice touch that the housekeeping department left a note saying they stopped by to check if we needed service. We will definitely be back!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

Chris M

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and all the staff here was able to enhance an already great and special stay for you and your wife.

Thank you again for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

The room: great size! We had four people in our group and each of us had plenty of room. I wish the website had a few more pictures to show what we were getting, but we were surprised with an extra bathroom upstairs which turned out to be very helpful!

The location: Free bus pass was included which was VITAL for the location. If you're young and don't mind a walk up the mountain, it is a great place. If you don't like to walk with your skis and boots and poles after a full day of skiing, make sure you know the bus routes (learning from mistakes!).

This place was perfect for a ski vacation. The kitchen was great- we cooked every night and had plenty of room. Great place!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Carleen P

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort; we try to insure every stay is as relaxing and memorable as possible and am glad we were able to achieve this during your visit with us. I am also glad you able to makes use of our complementary Roam bus passes to get you around town as well as the other facilities and in room amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

The location was perfect the room was awesome for the price. Had King size bed jet tub and steam shower with a walk out balcony with fire place . Had a pool hot tub steam room and gym. The place was clean and a great place overall.

Room tip: amazing views
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Falynk

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of all of your in room amenities as well as the hotels facilities.

Thank you again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I have done many hotels in Banff with my family. But this hotel has it all. Pool, playground, BBQ'S and super spacious and comfortable hotel for a family. Even the smallest room has a kitchen and a patio. This hotel went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. The wood burning fireplaces were nice touch. And can not forget to mention when I said I was bringing my dog they made sure my dog had a nice bed dog dish and treats and a nice little toy. If you want a comfortable hotel for your family stay here.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B

Jennifer B

Welcome home and thank you taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to make use of all the in room amenities as well as the outdoor facilities. I am also happy to hear your pet enjoyed their take home toy!

Thank you again for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

I wish I felt more love for our stay but our accommodations were very basic with large price tag.

Disliked:
Beds - we had 2, both completely different. 1st night we stayed in main room located at the front door. The bed was so hard we didn't really sleep at all. Tried sleeping on top of blankets for padding but it felt like concrete. I was very uncomfortable and moved to the couch in the middle of the night, which was old and small but allowed me to get a little sleep before a day of skiing.
The second night we stayed upstairs in the loft - completely different bed! more of a pillow top. It was 2 twins pushed together, but we slept better that night.
The kitchen lacked any counter space to prepare food and missed essentials like a real cutting board or oven mitts, we improvised with bathroom towels!
The vertical blinds let light in everywhere, especially rooms facing the parking and heat really left the unit through the patio doors if you opened the blinds.
Soundproofing so-so at best.

Liked:
Location, the area is of course beautiful, quiet and peaceful, easy to find just outside of town but really close if you wanted to go for dinner or drinks, and getting back to the highway.
Staff were friendly, easy check in and out, housekeeping left us fresh towels when we didn't require cleaning.
You can buy liquor and food at the small store across the street.
The kitchen did have a full size fridge, bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and the bath/kitchen floor was heated.
They included a food bowl, bed and new toy welcoming my pup.
Parking was convenient and close.

Overall I would rate our stay as sufficient. We stayed, skied and somewhat slept but it wasn't very comfortable and felt like a basic hotel. I wouldn't booked one of these units again for what we paid, they would need to be significantly cheaper or renovated for future consideration.

Recommendations for a more pleasant stay (excluding comfortable beds)
stocked kindling and news paper for fireplace in unit, a radio and bathrobes for the hot tub and jacuzzi.

Room tip: pet friendly, easy to find, easily accessible, pool
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

westcoaster1616

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry to hear your experience here at the Tunnel Mountain Resort was only ‘sufficient’. In regards to the beds I am sorry that they were not comfortable for you, had you informed the front desk I am confident this is something we could have rectified for you expediently. I am sorry for the confusion in the beds types as with most of our loft units they do have the 1 queen bed downstairs and 2 double beds upstairs.

I am glad you enjoyed the rooms amenities and welcome present for your pup. I can let you know we are in the process of renovating all of our units were we hope to add more amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.