3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official HotelUS$140
PricelineUS$140
Expedia.comUS$140
Trip.comUS$139
CheapTicketsUS$140
Destinia.comUS$163
1,440 results
All reviews tunnel mountain living room hot tub full kitchen wood burning fireplace steam room free bus downtown banff short drive beds were comfortable main floor balcony cabin deer kindling dishwasher passes
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Banff in summer, a gem of a vacation for active people! Stayed in the 2-story loft style room with 2 balconies, kitchen, fireplace. Other than Wi-Fi being out for first 2 days, a great place to stay. Really friendly, knowledgeable & helpful 24 hour front desk staff, located 20 min walk from downtown or 5 min (free) bus ride, bus stop right in front of property, also mountain bike rentals. Found on Homeaway.com. Recommended!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Julie H

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort and were able to take full advantage of our newly renovated rooms as well as all of our amenities.

Thank you again for your comments and I do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I chose this hotel because it was away from the hustle and bustle of the city center. The Roam bus service was a great way to get around Banff. That aside, this hotel should not be billing itself as a resort. We booked a studio room which was sufficient in size, but definitely worn and in need of an update. The internet was down most of the time during our three day stay and the hot tub was also out of commission. We were supposed to have a room with a view, but it looked out on to the street. Would not stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ArjunBanff, General Manager at Tunnel Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Marge D

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay here at the Tunnel Mountain Resort. We are in the final stages of completing our room renovation and although the feedback has been positive I am sorry you felt the rooms were worn. Depending on the dates of your stay we may have been able to move to you a larger room that might have suited your needs better, if we have the availability we will always to accommodate to the best of our abilities.

Again I am sorry for the issues you had but I do hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Great location, great place! Clean and homely. You could drive straight up and each had its own individual resort home. We even had a little surprise when we first arrived... a deer was at our door and staring straight at us! Literally minutes away from downtown Banff with all the good food and action.. this is a no brainer!

Joseph L

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am so happy you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and were able to take full advantage of all of its amenities.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

My family of 4 booked a studio condo. The location was great. As others have mentioned, they provide free bus passes for the short ride to town. It is also walkable. The staff is friendly and they have a lot of amenities such as free firewood, kindling, and a book share area in main lobby. They also have bikes for rent at a reasonable rate. There is an overpriced but convenient grocery and a liquor store across the street. I have read on other reviews about the rehab taking place. I don't think we were put in one of the rehabbed areas. The carpet leading into our room was extremely worn, and the couch in our room was stained. In the master bedroom, the lights on either side of the bed could only be turned on and off on one side. The wifi was really slow and disconnected us a lot. We used the hot tub one night and the towels provided were extremely threadbare and worn. I am torn between 3.5 and 4 stars but since 3.5 isn't available and the location is so good, we went with the 4. We only used cleaning services one day but they were good.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Travelteam

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Tunnel Mountain Resort, I do apologise for the issues you had and I can let you know I have spoken with my housekeeping manager and we have replaced the towels and are addressing the other issues as we speak.

I am glad the staff were able to accommodate your needs and you were able to make full use of the hotel and room amenities.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

its not located in the city center, but only five minutes away and has free shuttle to the downtown, so you dont have to worry about parking. The room is clean and nicely maintained, stuffs are friendly, Definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Joanna H