Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$319
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$281
US$283
US$240
  • Restaurant
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$251
US$257
US$205
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$252
Hotwire.com
US$199
US$193
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

US$714
US$617
  • Restaurant
2,194 results
All reviewshot tubfull kitchenloft condofree firewoodtunnel mountaingames roomwood burning fireplacedowntown banfffree busoverlooking the mountainsliving areaminute drivefamily vacationan upgraderoam busqueen bedmain floor
Reviewed April 2, 2017

Staff were awesome, the view was beautiful. Only complaints are the shower faucet was damaged, and the bus was a pain to take. Other than that I have no complaints.

We stayed in the King Jacuzzi suite. Although it was pretty pricey, I would definitely recommend this suite to other couples wanting a romantic getaway in Banff.

Room Tip: Private hot tub
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Art G, General Manager at Hidden Ridge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Nick D, Our King Jacuzzi suites are a great room type to enjoy for a romantic getaway in Banff. Our isolated location from downtown Banff offer our guests a quiet atmosphere with beautiful scenery you wouldn't get from a downtown hotel. We're happy you've described the staff as awesome, everyone tries hard to ensure all of our guests have the best stay possible. We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Banff area.

Reviewed April 1, 2017

I will never understand how this place has 4 stars on Tripadvisor. My husband and two teen aged boys stayed here for a week on Spring Break. Our first room was a one bedroom loft - it was so small and only had one full bathroom. The staff was able to upgrade us to a 2 bedroom with "loft" but it was not much better. This place is just SMALL. My biggest complaint with the accomodations was the "den". It featured a small two seater (and very uncomfortable) sofa and that's it. So my family was not able to gather around at night and watch TV. Essentially, this place is like a hotel with a mini kitchen. The lobby of the resort is not welcoming - although the staff was very nice, it is basically a room overlooking the hot tubs with a fireplace that was never lit. The coffee pot was always empty. Speaking of the hot tubs - my boys were very excited about enjoying them but never did because they were packed to the rim with people all day and all night. The property is bordered by a RV park and a hostel and we suspect that those travelers were enjoying the hot tub as well. One of the biggest problems - do your research when staying in Banff - we were not aware that Hidden Ridge is not on the bus route to the snow mountains - so you have to take 2 buses - one from the resort to Banff, then catch another bus to the mountain. We spent a lot of our time lugging our ski gear from bus to bus. On a positive note - the setting was beautiful from the back of the property - as all places are in Banff. And as I said the front staff was very nice. This property was less expensive than other places in Banff - but we have learned our lesson and next time will pay more to stay in town in a nicer resort.

Room Tip: Rooms are small so size up!
3  Thank Heather A

Heather A, I'm sorry to read you found your suite small for your needs. We have a number of different room layouts to accommodate parties ranging in size from 1 through to 10. Our front desk, whenever possible, will suggest room types that may be more comfortable for each party size. We provide coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water in the lobby 24 hours a day. We brew our coffee as it empties as it only takes a few minutes to brew and ensures we are providing fresh coffee. I'm sorry to read the pots were always empty during your stay, that certainly isn't the norm for this amenity. Our hot tubs are a favourite relaxation amenity that our guest enjoy and at times they can get a bit busy, especially after many people return from the ski hills. The neighbouring hotel guests, campground guests, and hostel guests do not have access to our hot pools and we are quite good at ensuring only our guests have access to our hot pools. We provide complimentary passes for the local transit bus system to aid our guests going to, and returning from, downtown Banff free of charge. The bus stop is located right at the resort so our guests do not have to travel to access the transit system. The local ski hill buses do not stop at the resort but the local transit system stops right by the ski hill bus stops. Our secluded location just outside the downtown core of Banff provides our guests with a quiet atmosphere and beautiful scenery you wouldn't get from a downtown hotel. I'm happy to read the staff was very nice and I hope you have a better stay the next time you are in the Banff area.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

My husband and I headed to Banff for an anniversary celebration. I have to say we were very disappointed with our choice at Hidden Ridge. At just over $250 a night we expected more. List of problems:
- patio doors were not secure and would not lock properly
- tap in kitchen did not work properly
- queen bed in the bedroom had a mattress cover placed over the mattress to cover up a bad mattress, it kept sliding off the bed
- walks and stairs were covered in snow and ice, even after telling management nothing was done
- my husband fell on the ice going down the stairs from out room, mentioned and e-mailed manager, no acknowledgment
- no DVD player in our room, was told maintenance would bring one by, they never showed up
- On the positive side when we mentioned our concerns the receptionist removed 15% from our bill.
- However, this was done before my husband fell. He had told the front desk the dangers and sure enough as I said before he fell. When I phoned the front desk to tell them they said they were really sorry that happened. When we e-mailed management about our experience, especially falling, we were clear we were not looking for anything but wanted to inform them of our experience. We did not get a response or even acknowledgment of the e-mail.

1  Thank zaboo2017

zaboo2017, I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Hidden Ridge Resort. All of our suites have our mountain luxury mattress pad on every bed. These are in place to make your sleep as comfortable as possible, not to cover up bad mattresses. We receive many compliments about the comfort of our beds through comment cards and emails. We reply to all of our guest email inquiries, whether they are questions for upcoming reservations or comments on previous stays. I'm really sorry that no one has replied to the email you sent but I've discovered, since reading your comments, that no one here has received an email stating the concerns you mention. Being able to see and read them now I sincerely apologize that your husband slipped and fell and I'm happy he wasn't injured. I have reviewed your concerns with all the departments involved and assure you we have taken them seriously. Despite not looking for anything in your email, I'm happy the front desk was able to assist at check out with addressing your concerns.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

We stayed at the Hidden Ridge for 5 nights... in a total of 3 different rooms. The first room had a heating issue-- as in they could not turn it down or off. The second room had a plumbing issue with an odd toilet flushing situation-- but ultimately it was the downdraft from the upstairs room that filled our room with smoke and moved us to room #3. Had we seen room #3 earlier-- it would have been a much better experience.

Some tips: Do not book a standard 2 queen room. These are like basement apartments with no views or privacy. Ours were not clean and beds were not comfortable. The 3 floor, 3 bedroom unit we had on our last night was lovely. Fantastic views-- main floor living with a master suite loft and 2 bedrooms and a full bath on the lower level. Great views in this unit and much more comfortable beds.

Some of the staff was very helpful. The maintenance guys were great (we did get pretty well acquainted with them due to the number of mishaps). The front desk staff was helpful-- but the manager scores low in my book. With the issue seen at the start of our trip-- offer to move us to a nicer room if you have to move us. Not the same kind. We would have paid more for a better overall experience.

So-- if you chose their best room-- it's quite nice. Even the 2 bedroom loft units were OK-- but not great with access from behind the building and no real views. Parking is a huge issue, as is the amount of debris in the parking areas. Good luck!

Room Tip: Only stay here if you choose the 3 bedroom stand alone unit.
1  Thank kzc27

kzc27, we're sorry you were disappointed with your stay at Hidden Ridge Resort; to see that I scored low in your book is surprising. We tried numerous resolutions to the issues you raised while you were here, I even contacted your reservation company to resolve your reservation. We're happy you enjoyed the Premier 2 Bedroom & Loft condo on your last night. We have a number of different room layouts to accommodate all needs and expectations; none are better than others. The melting snow always brings surprises that winter hides away. We have staff constantly circulating the resort to pick up these surprises and I'm sorry you didn't feel they were quick enough. We certainly try our best, and do everything we can, to ensure our guests' have the most enjoyable stay as possible.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

We have skied all over the US and have been to Whistler BC many times. We had phenomenal skiing at Lake Louise and Sunshine exceeded expectations. The lodging at Hidden Ridge was OK but the pictures looked better than it was. We had a 1 bedroom loft for my wife, 19 year old son and I. Very old and tired interior and very little storage (closets dressers necessary when skiing) and the living area has only one small couch and no other comfortable chairs. Not real great for three adults lounging after skiing. Having said that, we still enjoyed our stay very much because of the location and the beauty of the area. I was glad that I was aware of the parking situation and was ready for no parking as we showed up and it was snowing and nowhere to park. But we found one last spot in the underground garage. On the bright side we did find parking most days mid week right in front of our unit which was very convenient when leaving each day to ski. Shelby at the front desk was awesome; friendly, cheerful and helpful. Most of the others were disinterested. Also know that the bigger units are newer and the unit we stayed in was the oldest so I suspect the newer units are nicer. All in all we would probably stay at Hidden Ridge again. The room itself was 2.5 to a 3. But the overall experience was 4. Banff and the skiing at Lake Louise was a 5!

Stayed: March 2017

GG1HI, we're happy to read you enjoyed your stay very much. The skiing can be really good in the area and finding storage for your equipment can be a task in itself at most hotels in Banff. We have a number of different room layouts to accommodate parties ranging in size from 1 through to 10. Our front desk staff try to recommend layouts to guests at check in to ensure they are in a suite that is suitable for the size of the party. We're happy Shelby was a great help to you while you stayed with us. We appreciate that you didn't have any parking issues and appreciate the comment regarding that. We're glad you had a really good overall stay and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Banff area.