2,228 results
All reviews hot tub full kitchen loft condo free firewood tunnel mountain games room wood burning fireplace downtown banff free bus overlooking the mountains living area minute drive family vacation an upgrade queen bed roam bus main floor
Reviewed January 29, 2018

We had a really, really lovely weekend at Hidden Ridge Resort with several friends and our children. The front desk staff were kind enough to grant us an early check in which we greatly appreciated. A few other reviews complain that the rooms are dated, which they may be, but they are clean, and to be honest, I am not looking for an ultra modern property in the middle of the forest. The rooms were well stocked and the hot tub at the main building was well enjoyed by our whole group. We also utilized the communal BBQs and hosted potluck style dinners together each night. It would be nice if there was some kind of restaurant on the property but thankfully every unit does have a full kitchen so that is great. My only complaint is that there were quite a few loud guests on the weekend we stayed. Our next door neighbours partied well into the morning and we could definitely hear the noise through the wall. I finally called the front desk at 3am to complain and things did quiet down after that which was appreciated.

Reviewed January 26, 2018

I have stayed at Hidden Ridge a few times, a few years ago and was really excited to head back, as our last 3 stays there was awesome. However this stay wasn't as great. We rented their 4 level unit (with game room). The unit was huge, with lots of space for 6 adults and 2 children. It was one of 2 units connected, so only one neighbor. It was in the middle of the resort, so no views at all, which was disappointing. When I checked in I was greeted by a friendly but very strict front desk person. She reinforced this was a family friendly resort and to keep noise to a minimum as well as let me any damage at all we would be responsible for. I politely let her know we a family, with 2 kids and had full intention of respecting their quiet hours and would be very careful not to cause any damage. Once I got through all the paper work, received our keys, we found our unit. We were impressed with the size of the unit but very disappointment with how the unit was maintained. There was holes in the walls, it was dusty, the oven handle was falling off, all 3 doors didn't close properly and were very drafty. The one room with the walk out patio, had the 3rd door and was so drafty they had to use towels to keep the cold air from coming in as they had a baby in that room. The banister going down to the 3 and 4 levels had broken spindles, and the front door looked like some one had kicked it in, as there was a huge dent in it.
I let the front desk know about these damages as I wanted them to know we did not cause any of them and certainly did not want to be charged. They said no, we would not be charged but thank us for pointing them out. As far as the quiet hours, which we were reminded of, both nights we heard a lot of yelling (people outside) fighting, yelling at each other. It really did not feel like a family friendly resort at all.
However despite the state of the unit, the yelling at night, we did have a nice stay and the unit did fit all 8 of us. The wood burning fire place was nice and kept the first 2 floors warm, as again the doors were drafty.
I don't think I will go there again, unless they really give the place a face lift, especially considering the price of the unit.

2  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed January 24, 2018

We just spent the weekend at this resort - the view is incredible and the outdoor hot tub was welcomed after a day on the hill. However the upkeep and cleanliness left a lot to be desired. We paid big bucks for a condo as we needed space for 5 kids. The condo was dirty, cheesies on the floor, all dishes in the kitchen were clearly not washed, just wiped, the fully stocked kitchen was barely stocked, not enough dishes to make a proper meal. The beds were sloppy - some didnt even have a fitted sheet, just a top sheet thrown over top. My husband was locked in the bathroom as the door does not work properly. No housekeeping the entire weekend and we had garbage piled up. When I talked to the front desk about all these issues I was offered a room upgrade if I came again. $900 for two nights I would expect more.

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Hidden Ridge resort was great. Our room was a 2 bedroom loft, suitable for our family of 4. Nice views over Banff and quiet location.
Hot tub and pool has amazing views over Banff town.
Only negative was lack of allocated parking which meant in busy times you may have to park a long way from your room.

Great family holiday!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2018

It is everything I thought it was. It has adequate room accommodations and a beautiful view... and a spa pool. The service is very good to above-average. Shelby's service and enthusiasm is exceptionally excellent. Depending on price and time of year, I might consider staying again but there other places to consider.

Stayed: August 2017