See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Our once in a life time trip to Banff has been ruined as our accommodation has been cancelled 4 weeks before our arrival. Now there is nowhere free as everywhere is sold out!
Truly gutted and don't know what to do now!
Thanks very much.

Stayed: June 2017
4  Thank stacey c
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Made a reservation in January via booking.com. Suddenly cancelled now when accommodation in Banff is virtually impossible to find. As other reviewers have stated they clearly don't care about future visitors. Why accept bookings only to cancel them at the worst possible time.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yorkie-pie
Reviewed May 11, 2017

We would live to tell you about our stay but we did not get to spend any time there. The only offering in the email notification was to check Kayak or Expedia fro alternate arrangements. We found that entirely unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarryVal
Reviewed May 10, 2017

I highly advise against staying here. Mountain Home Bnb does not care about their customers/future guests. They only care about making money. Here's why: My friend and I reserved a room at the Mountain Home BnB through Airbnb in Feb 2017. The reservation was for 6 nights in July 2017. I'd like to stress that this was 5 months in advance! The total was $1311. My card was charged. I thought we were good to go, but I was wrong! Today, 10May2017, I received an e-mail from Airbnb saying that our reservation was cancelled and a full refund was issued to my card. No notice or reason of cancellation was ever given by Mountain Home BnB! I had to call Airbnb and ask what happened. Apparently, the woman (Lynne Treutler) that was hosting the listing on Airbnb didn't feel like hosting any longer so she cancelled all of the reservations and removed the listing from Airbnb. I just can't believe that Lynne/Mountain Home BnB would treat customers/future guests this way. Our flights are already booked but he have no where to stay now. We intentionally booked in advance to avoid the high costs associated with summer time in Banff.

What's even more baffling is that Mountain Home BnB is now under a new listing on Airbnb by a different host. It's available for the same dates that we had reserved for, only instead of charging $1311, they're asking for $8524! Absolute shysters! So disappointed with our experience. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ecalifornica
Reviewed May 1, 2017

The B and B is in an ideal location for exploring Banff. You can walk to anywhere in town and not have to park somewhere else, a real benefit during summer months. Our room was clean and nicely decorated with many antiques. It is an older house with narrow hallways and stairs. The breakfast was good, with nice variety and filling. All of the amenities you would expect are provided.

As noted by others, the hostess is pleasant and knowledgeable about the area when asked, but is not as outgoing as some B and B owners... She seems to maintain a respectful distance from the guests. The rules are a bit iron clad such as only being able to check in between 5 and 6:30. There is the feeling of this being an efficiently run B and B business, but not a lot of "warmth".

All in all it was our experience that we should have stayed in Canmore at the lovely B and B we found there for the three nights we were in the area and driven to Banff, Lake Louise, and Yoho on day trips. The distances and excellent roads make this easy to do. I would recommend looking into this as a possibility if you are planning a trip to the area. There is really no need to pay higher prices in Banff or Lake Louise.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple