We live in Canmore and sometimes love to just get away from it all. This is our 10th trip and every single time we get the same result. Absolute bliss and relaxation. It's rustic, it's not a fancy 5 star hotel. It's understated elegance, fine fining but above all the ambience is what u make it. If you want marble bathrooms and gold leaf wallpaper then don't go. If you want to step back in time, turn the cell phone off, relax and enjoy good food, good wine and get lost staring into a real fire then this place is for you. A true gem in the 21st century. Watch out for local specials as well....amazing value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Storm Mountain Lodge was constructed in 1922 as one of eight Bungalow Camps built by Canadian Pacific Railway to promote tourism in the Rocky Mountains. Our Banff Park cabins and lodge offer guests exceptional accommodations and cuisine amidst the majestic Canadian Rockies. Whether its a romantic getaway, weekend retreat, family vacation or a Canadian Rockies wedding, Storm Mountain Lodge provides an ideal setting. Guests will experience delicious Canadian cuisine prepared with a dedication to organic ingredients and naturally raised Alberta meat and wild fish pared with Canada's finest selection of wine. All of our breads, desserts and breakfast pastries are baked daily on site. The Historic Log Cabins provide guests with amenities such as wood-burning fireplaces, antique soaker tubs and offer a cozy place to relax! Stay at our Banff lodge and make the most of your Canadian Rockies vacation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins Hotel Banff
- Storm Mountain Lodge And Cabins
- Storm Mountain Banff
- Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins Banff, Alberta