Storm Mountain Lodge offers the perfect romantic getaway location - charming, perfect cabins surrounded by Banff's majesty, isolated yet close enough to both ski hills and the town-site. We stayed in a cabin-for-two for two nights. There is no cooking allowed and no modern-life conveniences (coffee maker, hairdryer, Internet, phone, etc) but who wants them? Cellphone reception was good. The cabin itself was very comfy and welcoming, roomy enough for two but with no extra room. The rustic cabins have been equipped with a wall-heater which throws sufficient heat and complements the fireplace. Wood and kindling is supplied and the fire was laid for us when we arrived! Very nice. The bathroom had its own small wall-heater, much needed, as it was cool. The old-fashioned claw-foot tub is comfy, and there is a shower rigging, but water pressure is low, understandably - out in the bush. It takes a while to fill the tub! The washbasin is located in the main room, perhaps a little inconvenient. Bed was comfy, lots of pillows, towels were fresh and plentiful, windows opened, there were ample lamps and lights. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient all through the reservation process. Staying at Storm Mountain provides wonderful ambiance and a total retreat. Just walking through its paths and looking up at the stars is magical. One of Banff's jewels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Storm Mountain Lodge was constructed in 1922 as one of eight Bungalow Camps built by Canadian Pacific Railway to promote tourism in the Rocky Mountains. Our Banff Park cabins and lodge offer guests exceptional accommodations and cuisine amidst the majestic Canadian Rockies. Whether its a romantic getaway, weekend retreat, family vacation or a Canadian Rockies wedding, Storm Mountain Lodge provides an ideal setting. Guests will experience delicious Canadian cuisine prepared with a dedication to organic ingredients and naturally raised Alberta meat and wild fish pared with Canada's finest selection of wine. All of our breads, desserts and breakfast pastries are baked daily on site. The Historic Log Cabins provide guests with amenities such as wood-burning fireplaces, antique soaker tubs and offer a cozy place to relax! Stay at our Banff lodge and make the most of your Canadian Rockies vacation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Storm Mountain Lodge And Cabins
- Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins Hotel Banff
- Storm Mountain Banff
- Storm Mountain Lodge & Cabins Banff, Alberta