“Essential Motel”
Review of Bumpers Inn

Bumpers Inn
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 19 September 2009

As in Banff everything is very expensive we was looking for a reasonable price.
We was out all the day for nature trips and we was in the Motel only for sleeping so we don't need many services but only cleanliness and quiet.
The MOtel is located immediatly outside from center so is very quiet and the room in its semplicity was always clean.
At the end, the minimum service for the price payed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2009

We stayed at Bumpers Inn twice in 2008 and it was OK. I always check hotel rooms for bedbugs when we enter, but this time forgot for 2 hours. I pulled up the covers and the mattress to discover a mature infestation of bedbugs. Obviously, they had fed on previous guests and the housekeeping staff did not check well enough for signs of them. We left immediately, sealed off everything that could have been contaminated and looked for new accommodation. Good luck on a long weekend. After 2 hours of phoning, we finally found a room. It was quite expensive for us to have a few showers and a short sleep. Our weekend was ruined and we returned home early. It could have been worse if we did not know what to do. I feel that the hotel staff should discover bedbugs before guests gets fed upon! I will not stay at Bumpers Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bugsly
Reviewed 10 August 2009

A friend and I recently traveled to Banff AB and stayed one night at Bumpers Inn. When we booked our reservations we were looking for a clean, safe, and reasonably priced room in which to sleep. We were not looking for luxury as we had not come to Banff to spend time in our hotel, but to see the sights. We felt the price at Bumpers was as reasonable as we were going to find in Banff. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and on the ground floor with parking right across from our room. The furnishings and television were old and outdated, but that really didn't matter to us as we were only there to sleep. Our only complaint was that the floors were filthy. I don't believe the maid had vacumed or swept and mopped the entry and bathroom. There was a large clump of hair and toe nail or finger nail clippings on the carpet beside one of the beds for starters. The entry and bathroom had dirt and hair all over them. We had to keep our shoes on the whole time in the room. In the morning upon checking out I mentioned the floors to the office staff and they seemed sincerely disappointed to hear that the room was not clean. They even discounted the cost of the room for us which we appreciated. We did not blame the dirty room on the hotel overall, but the maid who didn't complete her job. This alone would not be a deterant for staying there again. We did find it a little noisy, but that was the other guests not being considerate of others when standing outside other rooms. We did have quite a time with mosquitoes in the room which we attributed to the fact that the hotel was more or less in the trees and the mosquites came in while we were carrying in our bags. The hotel also did not provide a contenental breakfast and the wildlife that supposedly hangs around were no where to be seen. All in all, I would probably spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else if I ever go to Banff again. Sometimes saving a few extra bucks just isn't worth it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I have stayed here a few times. Everytime I was very happy with the accomodation. Prices are low (between $65.00 - $80.00/night during the off season. The rooms are large and very clean. Parking is just outside your door. All rooms have a patio or balcony which face a courtyard.

The restaurant next door is great with a wonderful salad bar and prices are reasonable with great food.

My review says "wonderful place to stay in the off season". I say this because I believe there is no air-conditioning which could be uncomfortable in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I stayed two nights and found that the room was clean and the staff were very nice and helpful. I paid around $150.00 / night and from what I understand, that is a fairly decent price to pay for a room in Banff. The hotel is about 10 minutes of walking to the 'downtown' core of Banff, but it's a walk past all of the other hotels, so you get a chance to check out all the action on the strip, which is nice. Most people visiting Banff should expect a bit of hiking anyway!! There's a gas station with a convenience store directly in front of the hotel, and a liquor store around the corner. No breakfast is included, but there is free coffee available in the office in the AM. All in all, it's a decent place to stay and probably one of the cheapest hotels available.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2008

It is no doubt the hotel is clean.But the way they do their business is not professonal. I first went to Banff info center to check hotel availability.The reception gave me three including this hotel.I called in and confirmed the daily rate is 129(or 139 i am not sure which one). And I drove to the hotel and confirmed the rate again, then checked in. Here I made a mistake. I signed the check-in letter before they put down the daily rate. When I checked out two days late. I found i was charged for 155/nighte. Someone put the higher rate later. i contacted the manger named LONA but she said there is nothing she could do and said some people waiting for check-in and could not talk with me any more. Indeed it is really not a big money.But they do their business is not professonal. Just a remider, when you checkin, be careful the rate and sign.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank limy1976
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Nice big rooms with lots of space. Clean and no evidence of bed bugs when we were there. The location is quiet and towards the outskirts but close enough to walk into town for meals. Nice clean bathroom with a good power shower. The staff are friendly and helpful. We paid around $150 per night for a double room in the middle of July. You can buy provisions at the local Safeway just before you get to the main parade of shops.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)