“Great stay!”
Review of Bumpers Inn

Bumpers Inn
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and you can use the amenities across the street at the Inns of Banff. The room was quite large and had a refrigerator which was great. Nice bathroom. Overall, a great and less expensive place to stay. It is a bit of a walk to downtown but the room came with transit passes, so we didn't have to do the big walk.

I enjoyed my stay so much that I will be staying here again this weekend for my birthday with girlfriends!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at 'Bumpers Inn' Krista D. It is great to hear that you found the bed comfortable and enjoyed the extra amenities offered at our sister property across the street. Thank you for your comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back for your birthday get away.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Clean and affordable. A little far from action. If you have sensitivity to products, do not use the free soap or lotion. May cause skin irritations in the dry mountain conditions.(product may smell fresh and inviting but will make your skin a fiery ball of mess)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank zanadoo4
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for your review zanadoo4. It is pleasing to hear you found us clean and affordable. I am sorry that our in room soap and lotion were not to your liking though. These products are locally sourced and prove to be very popular with many of our guests.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

The room is spacious and quiet from outside as well as from other close rooms. Internet and TV worked well. It is only 1/2 block from shuttle pickup for the three ski areas around Banff and shuttle to down town. Has access to pool although we did not use. Reasonable price compared to other Banff properties.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moveinon

Thank you for your comments moveinon. It is great to hear that you found your room spacious and quiet, but also with an attractive price point. I am also glad to hear that you took full advantage of the ski shuttle service and complimentary town bus offered by the hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Knowing Bumpers is one of the most affordable places to stay in Banff I came with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
The room was very spacious, even with the large king bed, with high ceilings and large windows. The white walls and wrap around wall to ceiling wood panelling could be taken as modern minimalist design. The bed was comfortable, though the bottom sheet was not big enough for the king. Something we wouldn't have noticed, had we not taken the doona and flat sheet entirely off the bed, revealing about a foot of bare mattress. That was less than ideal.
Bathroom was clean, could do with more places to hang towels and the hand towels.
Location is as far down Banff Ave as you can get, but the bus stop is close and the 20 minute walk goes fast in good weather and company. You're right on the edge of the town, so if you're looking for a nearby wander in the woods there's some social trails, or you can find your own path.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank psudopodia
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Thank you for your review psudopodia. I am delighted that 'Bumpers Inn' exceeded your expectations. It is also great to hear that you found your room spacious and clean. I do hope you will consider staying with us once again if you return to the area.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My husband and myself stayed there on a snow boarding trip. It was an affordable hotel and nice and clean. I would stay there again. It was a little of a walk from the center of the city but not too bad

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Thank you for your review Darla L. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your snow boarding trip and found your Bumpers Inn hotel room 'nice and clean'. I hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Paid $100 for one night, room was not worth it.. Dated, bed was not very comfy, thin walls, having to check in/out across the street was an in-convince.

When I went to check in at the other hotel (which was a bit nicer). I saw the sign out front saying they had vacancy, so asked if I could switch my room the this hotel, they told me 'they did not have any vacancies in this location but our other properties do'.

I thought that was not right....

Ohh, and to top it off... There was a few dead flies on my bed.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dustin S

I am sorry that that you found the check in facilities across the street from the hotel an inconvenience Dustin S. It is a very short walk and enables Bumpers guests to use additional facilities such as swimming pool, sauna, bar and restaurant. I am also sorry and a little surprised about the flies in your room. We do not normally see these little critters in the Canadian Rockies during the winter months.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We stayed at Bumpers Inn twice during our Banff/Jasper National Parks trip in June-- the first stay for 4 nights and the 2nd for two nights. You cannot check in at the hotel property but instead at the Inns of Banff office across the street. Bumpers Inn is at the edge of town which is nice, but it is a very basic hotel. While our first room, # B211 with king bed, faced a courtyard with trees, our second room, #217, had no privacy and we had to keep the drapes drawn to keep other guests from looking at us as they walked by in the outside hallway...terrible. Both rooms were on the 2nd floor.

Dining options near the hotel were extremely limited. We did eat across the street at the Wildfire Grill a couple of times, and while the staff was great, we felt the food did not justify the prices. No vending machines at the hotel, so we walked to a nearby liquor store to get some drinks and snacks, but it only sold liquor...wow. One night we ate at Chili's in town on our way back to the hotel after a day of hiking the Plain of Six Glaciers. Another time, we stopped at a Tim Horton's where my sandwich was awful and I threw it away. Our favorite places to eat while staying at Bumpers Inn were two pubs in town: St. James Irish Pub and Rose and Crown Irish Pub.

Back to the two rooms. If you only need a place to sleep, Bumpers Inn fits the bill. But try to avoid getting a corner room, as you will probably end up feeling like you are in a cave when you have to keep the drapes closed at all times for privacy. The king beds were comfortable, and there was free Wi-Fi which was fast WHEN it worked. There was a small fridge, but there was no ironing board, and the shower soap/shampoo dispensers did not work in both rooms, so bring your own! Please see attached photos for a better idea of what the rooms looked like.

We loved Banff and Jasper National Parks very much, but when we return, we will plan further in advance than the six months we did this time and get a better hotel, even if we have to pay more.

Room Tip: Do not get a corner room, especially #217--no privacy as other guests can look in easily if drapes a...