All reviews microwave and fridge quiet location good size large room would stay again motel town pine
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Clean and affordable. A little far from action. If you have sensitivity to products, do not use the free soap or lotion. May cause skin irritations in the dry mountain conditions.(product may smell fresh and inviting but will make your skin a fiery ball of mess)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank zanadoo4
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Thank you for your review zanadoo4. It is pleasing to hear you found us clean and affordable. I am sorry that our in room soap and lotion were not to your liking though. These products are locally sourced and prove to be very popular with many of our guests.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

The room is spacious and quiet from outside as well as from other close rooms. Internet and TV worked well. It is only 1/2 block from shuttle pickup for the three ski areas around Banff and shuttle to down town. Has access to pool although we did not use. Reasonable price compared to other Banff properties.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank moveinon

Thank you for your comments moveinon. It is great to hear that you found your room spacious and quiet, but also with an attractive price point. I am also glad to hear that you took full advantage of the ski shuttle service and complimentary town bus offered by the hotel.

Reviewed March 6, 2017

Knowing Bumpers is one of the most affordable places to stay in Banff I came with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
The room was very spacious, even with the large king bed, with high ceilings and large windows. The white walls and wrap around wall to ceiling wood panelling could be taken as modern minimalist design. The bed was comfortable, though the bottom sheet was not big enough for the king. Something we wouldn't have noticed, had we not taken the doona and flat sheet entirely off the bed, revealing about a foot of bare mattress. That was less than ideal.
Bathroom was clean, could do with more places to hang towels and the hand towels.
Location is as far down Banff Ave as you can get, but the bus stop is close and the 20 minute walk goes fast in good weather and company. You're right on the edge of the town, so if you're looking for a nearby wander in the woods there's some social trails, or you can find your own path.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank psudopodia
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Thank you for your review psudopodia. I am delighted that 'Bumpers Inn' exceeded your expectations. It is also great to hear that you found your room spacious and clean. I do hope you will consider staying with us once again if you return to the area.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

My husband and myself stayed there on a snow boarding trip. It was an affordable hotel and nice and clean. I would stay there again. It was a little of a walk from the center of the city but not too bad

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Thank you for your review Darla L. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your snow boarding trip and found your Bumpers Inn hotel room 'nice and clean'. I hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2017

Paid $100 for one night, room was not worth it.. Dated, bed was not very comfy, thin walls, having to check in/out across the street was an in-convince.

When I went to check in at the other hotel (which was a bit nicer). I saw the sign out front saying they had vacancy, so asked if I could switch my room the this hotel, they told me 'they did not have any vacancies in this location but our other properties do'.

I thought that was not right....

Ohh, and to top it off... There was a few dead flies on my bed.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Dustin S

I am sorry that that you found the check in facilities across the street from the hotel an inconvenience Dustin S. It is a very short walk and enables Bumpers guests to use additional facilities such as swimming pool, sauna, bar and restaurant. I am also sorry and a little surprised about the flies in your room. We do not normally see these little critters in the Canadian Rockies during the winter months.