All reviews microwave and fridge expensive place to stay quiet location min walk into town good size large room enjoyed my stay bed was very comfortable would stay again free shuttle stayed two nights motel downtown pine woods units
Reviewed September 19, 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights in late August and enjoyed our stay. The building is kind of unique and is very clean and comfortable. The location really can't be beat as you are a 30 second walk to Banff Avenue.

We found it strange that there was no air conditioning in our room. We didn't need it, and I suppose that in the mountains it is probably not a daily requirement however, I can imagine if they had a streak of hot weather that things could get uncomfortable. Our weather was pleasant and we still turned on the portable electric fan they provide in the room.

Breakfast was ok but nothing to write home about. Certainly decent but considering the price you pay to stay it might have been a little better. Our room overlooked an alley so we had some noise from people either walking there or workers from the various restaurants but nothing too crazy. On Saturday night we could hear the night club across the street but again nothing too bad.

The staff was helpful and provided us good information about the various attractions we were going to.

All in all a pretty good stay but for the price I would look elsewhere to see what kind of deals I could find that ticked off a few more boxes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the interior courtyard for more privacy and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you for your detailed review Kevin K. I am delighted that you found your room very clean and comfortable and also found the property location to your liking. You are correct in your observations that the hotel is not fitted with air conditioning. Mountain air is normally cool and comfortable, especially during the night time hours and it sound like this was the case during your visit to town.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

We stayed at the Bumpers Inn as it was the least expensive option when we booked last minute in August. It was still quite expensive for what it is, but Banff hotel rates are high overall during the summer. The outside is pretty sketchy and not very well marked with signs. Reminds me of an old apartment building which it likely was at some point. It is odd that you check in across the main street. The front desk agent was very nice and helpful with local information. We were pleasantly surprised with the room as she assured us we would be. Although a little outdated, it was clean, quite and very comfortable. We had a good rest and carried on - it did the trick but I would likely plan more in advance next time and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Last minute decision we decided to head out to Banff. Being one the most beautiful places to visit we knew finding accommodation would be difficult. We found a room at the Bumper Inn. It was reasonable in price. Upon arrival staff was pleasant and professional. We found our room and it was small n stuffy. No a/c. Beds were comfortable but this motel/hotel is in need of major renovations. Concrete walls n tile floors were the cleanest. But overall it did what we needed it to do in a pinch.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

The location was great as it was at the end of town where the free shuttle starts and finishes. Bedding and room basicly clean and tidy. Bit of an older building and seems to be an overnight spot for various bus drivers. If you want better you nees to pay more

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Shane D
Reviewed July 2, 2017

There is no staff at the hotel itself. One has to walk across the bus parking lot, a busy street and up the hill to a completely different Inn to check in. All the amenities such as pool, laundry facilities, vending machines etc are also at the other place. The room was clean, the bed was big and comfortable, however that's about the only pluses. There was no air conditioning, so it was hot, very few outlets for charging, very dated - not charming room, including cinderblock walls, but the worst part was the lighting. No overhead lights and only 2 small 1 bulb lamps for the entire room! Dark and dreary. I am pretty easy going and don't worry too much about my hotel rooms as long as they are clean and the beds are comfortable, I don't travel for the accommodations. However, this room was the most expensive we stayed in on our ten day trip (somewhat to be expected as it was in Banff), but I didn't feel like the inconvenience of the offsite facilities and the overly dated poorly lit room was worth the amount of money we paid. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sheralyn R
IOB_Manager, General Manager at Bumpers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for your detailed review Sheralyn R. Bumpers Inn is a very small property found on the edge of town. As you have mentioned there is not an office at the property, but check in is available twenty four hours a day at the sister property across the street. I am sorry if you found this an inconvenience. There are advantages to this though; including use of the larger properties indoor pool, sauna and Jacuzzi at no additional charge. I am pleased that you found the room clean though and can confirm the building does not have air conditioning. I am sorry that you did not completely enjoy your stay, but thank you for reviewing your time with us.