“received more than expected..bed bug bites”
Review of Bumpers Inn

Bumpers Inn
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Bed bugs, what more can we say, caution. I would not want anyone else to have all these bites.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank ykretirement

Reviewed 6 September 2010

Bumpers is our first 'motel' style accommodation and we would have no problems recommending it. It is a fair walk from Banff centre, but this didn't put us off. The room was large with tv and some toiletries. No frills kind of place, but as we were only there for one night it didn't worry us. The main reason we chose Bumpers is that a few years ago we were in Banff and had a meal there and it was really good, with great staff and atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LLKTL
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Banff is not the most affordable place, but Bumpers Inn cushions the blow (a bit). I paid $125.00/night for 2 people/2 beds (during the high season) + $10.00 for a pet. The rooms were basic. I really liked the view facing the patio; the trees made me feel like I was in the wilderness. There is no air conditioning however, and a warning should be issued that the rooms get HOT. Sleep was difficult because of this. The hotel is located a distance away from where all the action is, but I liked this as it remained relatively quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladyoblada
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I probably will not stay here again because the beds were too uncomfortable. Upon laying down they seem fine, but after a while my back started to hurt a bit, and in the morning it was much worse. It may be that my back is just spoiled by my nice mattress at home.
Though the rooms were clean and free of bedbugs (I checked very carefully), some of the bathroom walls were cracked and overall in much need of renovation. The cinderblock walls help keep sound from passing through, but don't look very nice, even when painted. Rooms were spacious compared to a typical hotel, and had a counter with mirror outside the bathroom. Coffee machine, hairdryer, and TV but no fridge, microwave, or iron. No hot tub or any other amenities on site unless you count an ice machine. There was a wireless network, but it was password protected so either it's not for guests or you have to pay for it.
Can't comment on the service as my friend did the checkin and I only stayed one night. Location is good if you want someplace quiet. The price was too high for what you get, in that there are much better hotels in Banff for the same price. Of course, this was the only one I could find anything available. The fact that they were among the last to sell out means they either don't advertise enough, or maybe they just don't get much return business!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Madwizard
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We travelled with two kids on Christmas eve to Banff. We booked online a few weeks ahead. The price for the stay was so low, we couldn't pass it up. We were not offered any sort of upgrade upon arrival. Basic dorm room appearance, two double beds. A courtyard off the rooml is nice, and we peered into the vacant room next door, which revealed an exact room with a much nice cedar wall that would have improved upon the experience, lending it a taste of mountin chalet rather than city dorm. Parking was free, the Inn has a restaurant, which was closed Christmas Eve, so we did not try it. The hotel itself is well equipt and fairly standard. I called front desk to see if they knew what restaurants were open, but unfortunately the person I talked to only spouted off restaurants in the area and didn't even know the hotel's restaurant was closed for the evening. He was helpful, but not well informed. He did bring us some magazines with listings of restaurants in the area and we found a few that were open with some sleuthing. Regardless, a quick stay, good on our budget and we slept very well on the beds.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Marabear
Reviewed 19 September 2009

As in Banff everything is very expensive we was looking for a reasonable price.
We was out all the day for nature trips and we was in the Motel only for sleeping so we don't need many services but only cleanliness and quiet.
The MOtel is located immediatly outside from center so is very quiet and the room in its semplicity was always clean.
At the end, the minimum service for the price payed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We stayed at Bumpers Inn twice in 2008 and it was OK. I always check hotel rooms for bedbugs when we enter, but this time forgot for 2 hours. I pulled up the covers and the mattress to discover a mature infestation of bedbugs. Obviously, they had fed on previous guests and the housekeeping staff did not check well enough for signs of them. We left immediately, sealed off everything that could have been contaminated and looked for new accommodation. Good luck on a long weekend. After 2 hours of phoning, we finally found a room. It was quite expensive for us to have a few showers and a short sleep. Our weekend was ruined and we returned home early. It could have been worse if we did not know what to do. I feel that the hotel staff should discover bedbugs before guests gets fed upon! I will not stay at Bumpers Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple