“Customer satisfaction”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Banff
Edmonton, Canada
“Customer satisfaction”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

After being interrupted multiple times throughout the night with the cheap fire alarm, not being able to differentiate between smoke and an accidentally set off fire extinguisher somewhere within the hotel. The GM and hotel staff would not offer a rebate or a coupon to those of us who are new and who are return customers. For the 3 am to 4 am ear blowing experience I will not be returning to this hotel. The rates are in my mind at least set up for these, out of their hands, accidents to warrant a gift cert or percentage off next stay. However, that was not offered. I apologize for the out of my pockets reply and write this review to those who may stay here. Don't hold your breathe for this place to have you in there hearts. All they want is your money. Once. I have over 100 people on an online community sharing page and have already put the word out. There are other places to stay in Banff. Thank goodness my children weren't in the room. The decibel level of alarm was out of this world.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else for the cost nothing special. Tiny washrooms average beds.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ryan M
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
I am very saddened and disappointed to read your review. Please allow me to clarify for other guests that may be interested in staying with us.

The fire alarm was set off in the early morning hours by vandals that pulled the trigger on a fire extinguisher. This caused the bells to sound, as they would in any properly functioning hotel fire alarm system. I do agree - the bells are loud. They are in compliance with regulations for fire, health and safety. Their purpose is to alert guests of a potential danger of fire, and for them to evacuate their room.

This did not go on for an hour as you have stated. Banff Fire & Safety can confirm that the bells sounded at various times over a 15 minute period.

I agree, this would not be something you would look forward to while staying in a hotel. I am very sorry for this inconvenience, and I do apologize for this happening during your stay.

I must say that I find it completely unfair to post "the GM and the staff did not offer a discount." This statement is simply untrue.

My card with contact information was handed out by our team the following morning. You contacted me by email, and I have had correspondence with you, whereby I offered my sincere apology, AND offered a discount on a future stay with us.

I must point out that while this situation was out of our control, the RCMP are involved to track down the culprits, and the team here dealt with the situation in a controlled and effective manner.

I am very confident in our product and the services we provide. We value our guests, and their opinions of us, and although I am very disappointed in your threats to spread false information and half truths to your online community, I will simply say, freedom of speech is yours to enjoy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Olds, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We love this hotel. The loft room is wonderful for our family, it doesn't feel like a hotel.
There is only one draw back to the hotel. The parking. The underground parking is great, however there are those that take advantage of this perk. We visited in 2011, and found people parking in two spaces. This visit we found the same thing happening. If we can park our 2008 Yukon XL in between the yellow lines....so can you. We got the last spot one evening and noticed there would have been more if people had parked better. A couple cars that entered after us had to leave for street parking. I really hope that the hotel does something to deter this. Perhaps a fine? Room numbers on the parkade pass, and someone checking the lot for offenders?
We will be back next year

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BearSnoresOn
Thanks for your review. We will often contact those that are double parked, asking them to 'move over' and make space.

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back next year.
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed here in Feb 2012. Suite rooms are very spacious with nice loft. Very friendly front desk staff. Would recommend.

Minor issues: bathrooms are a bit small. Parking spots are also narrow.

Room Tip: Away from the courtyard which is open to the pool..... since the pool is open to the air, it can get...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marymandmarkw
elora
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed a couple days after new years with my family,nice big suite as there were five of us,short walk to downtown...It was a little pricey but hey man its banff at holiday time every canadian should do it once in their life timeCheers Chris F

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank chris f
Halifax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We loved the hotel. Stayed there for 3 nights for Christmas from 23-26. Had reservations and arrived late the first night and had the standard room booked. Found the standard too small and inquired the following morning about upgrading. Wow for a minimal charged we upgraded to the Superior Room which was almost 3 times the size. With the Superior Room we enjoyed having the bedroom separated from the living room and the fireplace was nice.

Heated parking was a nice touch on those cold mornings.

Minor peeve with the free breakfast - add eggs and bacon and both of us would be happy. Then again why complain as FOX is one of the few hotels offering free breakfast

Absolutely no complaints about the hotel itself. Highly recommended and will be back.

Room Tip: If you are a couple with lots of luggage and want space, skip the standard room and go with the supe...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pickles1970
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The small fee we charge to upgrade is well worth it, if you are looking for added space. Our suites are roomy, well equipped and comfortable. I hope you can make the trip west again in the near future. Perhaps you will visit Banff in the summer next time? We would love to welcome you back at anytime, and Banff is always beautiful, regardless of the season!
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

The hotel was a dream. The staff in hotel and restaraunt were all very helpful and friendly. It was very clean and looked amazing. The breakfasts were fantastic and also the meals in Chillis. We parked our car in the underground car park and as it snowed every day it was very useful. We toured around in our hire car visiting the ski resorts and Lake Louise, Johnstons Canyon to name but a few. New Years eve in Banff Ave was very cold but amazing.
The pool and sauna were great especially after a day of skiing. Fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank sticknicklin
beautifulbanff, General Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am extremely pleased to hear your vacation to Banff was a 'holiday of a lifetime'! And I'm especially happy to know we were a part of that. I will share your kind comments with our team. I hope we can welcome you back to the Fox Hotel & Suites in the future.
Gibraltar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel was really good, fantastic restuarant and the hot pool is something of this world. Breakfast included. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank iajsdg
beautifulbanff, Manager at Fox Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for your review! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit again soon, we would love to have you back!